Hawthorn membership tally 2015 - 70,000 plus loose change!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

4 memberships purchased last week for myself, my 3 year old daughter and my 1 year old daughter. Also bought one for my mate's baby that was born on Wednesday. She had a Collingwood mother and Hawthorn father, so I needed to make sure we got in first so good would be favoured over evil! Go Hawks.

Good to see we are over 64k closing in on 70k really hope we get past 70k this year. Heading down to the game on Thursday as Etihad is a very short walk from work hope to see lots of paid up members down there

Good to see we are over 64k closing in on 70k really hope we get past 70k this year. Heading down to the game on Thursday as Etihad is a very short walk from work hope to see lots of paid up members down there
Curious - how will you recognise them? Will they be emanating some sort of tantric, premiership-winning glow? Or, as unkind rival supporters might suggest, just a look of smug self-satisfaction? :p

Curious - how will you recognise them? Will they be emanating some sort of tantric, premiership-winning glow? Or, as unkind rival supporters might suggest, just a look of smug self-satisfaction? :p

The 2015 member's scarf?

I do, but it's clear that some posters really want to keep discussing Richmond's membership numbers - stuffed if I know why.

showing an interest in richmond and collingwood member #'s and vice versa is relevant as our membership # is all relative to our competitors…a natural discussion as long as it's done sensibly and informatively

showing an interest in richmond and collingwood member #'s and vice versa is relevant as our membership # is all relative to our competitors…a natural discussion as long as it's done sensibly and informatively
Hawthorn supporters aren't choosing between buying a Hawthorn membership or a Richmond membership.

Their numbers are irrelevant to Hawthorn.

Hawthorn supporters aren't choosing between buying a Hawthorn membership or a Richmond membership.

Their numbers are irrelevant to Hawthorn.

disagree…they are relevant as our membership # and how well we perform is relative to our competitors…if we have 70k and our competitors 90k the supposed big 4 as opposed to 50k makes a difference…we are either leaders in #'s $ generated and brand power or we are not

disagree…they are relevant as our membership # and how well we perform is relative to our competitors…if we have 70k and our competitors 90k the supposed big 4 as opposed to 50k makes a difference…we are either leaders in #'s $ generated and brand power or we are not
This doesn't make sense.

Hawthorn's membership revenue does not change regardless of whether Richmond have 50k or 85k.

Richmond's membership is irrelevant.

We keep a membership tally Fred in order to measure our success & how we are going in comparison to other years....Whether we are growing or not & becoming bigger & more successful as a club.

Another point of interest lies in how those numbers measure up against our competitors & where we stand by comparison on a competition wide scale.

I'm not convinced that the claim that our membership numbers & the interest in them have no relevance/bearing in relation to a competition wide context.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This doesn't make sense.

Hawthorn's membership revenue does not change regardless of whether Richmond have 50k or 85k.

Normally agree with you Echols, but not this one.

It's just another competition, one we can focus on while we wait for the Essendon scandal to blow, oh, and the footy to start. We want to be the most popular club going around!

Our love of the club wants us to be the best at everything. That's why we compare ourselves to others. At the end of the day, you're right - it means nothing. But it's nice to have a bit of niggle every once in a while.

This doesn't make sense.

it does make absolute sense…if we earn 14 million through 70k members and our competitors make 18 mill through 90k members then they have an advantage over us and there brand power and ability to draw additional income (sponsorship etc) is greater than ours…conversely if they have 50k members its the opposite…this is a competition & our numbers and performance is relative to our competitors

it does make absolute sense…if we earn 14 million through 70k members and our competitors make 18 mill through 90k members then they have an advantage over us and there brand power and ability to draw additional income (sponsorship etc) is greater than ours…conversely if they have 50k members its the opposite…this is a competition & our numbers and performance is relative to our competitors

True, Maguire makes sure Collingwood has the biggest membership by hook or by crook (mainly the latter, as employees of their major sponsors apparently get a Collingwood membership whether they want one or not). This is so he can get a premium on sponsorship deals going forward by declaring they are the biggest team in the country and exposure is highest with that club, so more $$$ lands in the coffers.

spot on Agent Smith….pretending other clubs member #s has no relevance to us is incorrect, for all the reasons u and i and some others mentioned

In terms of BF banter, Echols does have a point - Tigers supporters merely want us to know they've got a bigger membership for some sort of validation that they are still somehow a 'Big 4' club, which is annoying to Hawks supporters as it suggests we're not. I'd have thought both club's supporters would just be happy that their clubs are flourishing atm.

In terms of BF banter, Echols does have a point - Tigers supporters merely want us to know they've got a bigger membership for some sort of validation that they are still somehow a 'Big 4' club, which is annoying to Hawks supporters as it suggests we're not. I'd have thought both club's supporters would just be happy that their clubs are flourishing atm.

Energy that would be better spent directed at Carlton (who are a basket case) and Essendon (who will be a basket case for many, many years)

I cant wait for the day that we overtake both in the premiership count, which will occur in the next 20-25 years if the previous 25 years is any indication...

Energy that would be better spent directed at Carlton (who are a basket case) and Essendon (who will be a basket case for many, many years)

I cant wait for the day that we overtake both in the premiership count, which will occur in the next 20-25 years if the previous 25 years is any indication...

The big four clubs being Collingwood, Hawthorn, Richmond and West Coast these days?

If it's OK, I would just like to quote from Newbold's speech.There will be a"bring a friend for free day."

Well I'd just like to let all me BF friends, I am available. There is a slight matter of fares and accommodation, but if those can be arranged, I'll be anubody's friend for a day.

If it's OK, I would just like to quote from Newbold's speech.There will be a"bring a friend for free day."

Well I'd just like to let all me BF friends, I am available. There is a slight matter of fares and accommodation, but if those can be arranged, I'll be anubody's friend for a day.

Can I come too? I'm ok to sleep in the car.

- Tigers supporters merely want us to know they've got a bigger membership for some sort of validation that they are still somehow a 'Big 4' club, which is annoying to Hawks supporters as it suggests we're not.

Methinks you miss the point altogether Agent Smith....When I was a kid growing up in the inner suburbs of Melbourne (Carlton) the 3 Big Clubs were unequivocally Carlton, Richmond & Collingwood...The reason Tigers supporters flock to our sight is because they are seeking validation from us because they want to be like us & this is symbolic of their underlying respect/envy for us....In much the same way as my hatred, was an inverted dipping of one's lid to the respect & awe I held the Tigers & Magpies in, during those all too dark early years of the 70's

What is brilliant about all this is the irony. Tigers supporters now look upon the Hawks in much the same way that I did towards the 73/74 Back to Back years of the Halcion days of the Hafey Era, in the midst of Richmond's Golden years....My how the tables have turned!:D...So lets toss em a few crumbs of recognition every now & then....They could do with a glimpse of greatness once in a while.;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back