Hawthorn New Training Facility

Remove this Banner Ad

Andrew Newbold hinted (again) that we may seek to build a new training facility.

Whilst Waverley could be redeveloped, this is likely to be unlikely.

So, as we approach 2015, where should we be looking to build?

Given the fact that Clarko visited Manchester City recently and indicated that he'd like to develop a relationship with Melbourne City, as well as the fact that Melbourne City still train at La Trobe, would it be safe to assume that a joint facility is possible?
Would knock at least an hour off Lake's travel each day if he's still with us.

There's a readymade training facility out near Tullamarine. We just have to wait for the current squatters to be moved on.

Last edited:
There's a readymade training facility out near Tullamarine. We just have to wait for the current squatters to be moved on.
Given a bowls club was able to do it I'm sure we could do it ourselves. And I don't mean the HFC but literally just half a dozen of us from this board.

In all likelihood, the club will need a piece of land the size of 9-hole golf-course for what they will want when it is new and then for down the track.
The likelihood of that happening close to the city would be less likely than likely.
What would be more likely, but still unlikely, would be somewhere like Hallam. But distance would make it less likely.

What is likely to happen is that the club will likely identify what they need, and then get it.
It is unlikely they will consult us on here first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given the fact that Clarko visited Manchester City recently and indicated that he'd like to develop a relationship with Melbourne City, as well as the fact that Melbourne City still train at La Trobe, would it be safe to assume that a joint facility is possible?
Too far from Brighton and Hawthorn where most players live and not a stronghold for Hawthorn, has to be in the eastern /southeastern burbs

In all likelihood, the club will need a piece of land the size of 9-hole golf-course for what they will want when it is new and then for down the track.
The likelihood of that happening close to the city would be less likely than likely.
What would be more likely, but still unlikely, would be somewhere like Hallam. But distance would make it less likely.

What is likely to happen is that the club will likely identify what they need, and then get it.

I likely.

Why? There are a lot of well-informed people in here, and every one of them with the clubs best interests at heart. They could do worse. They could consult Essendon, how they have moved to Tulla, how the little herd has adapted etc.

We would tell them, stay the f%^& away from the northwest, lest you be tainted for life.

Too far from Brighton and Hawthorn where most players live and not a stronghold for Hawthorn, has to be in the eastern /southeastern burbs
It might not be a traditional Hawks area but there is certainly a strong presence here. Especially the amount of youth I see getting around in brown and gold the last few years.

Where ever they decide, it needs to have room for further expansion. We out grew wavery in what, 9 years?

I like the idea of teaming up with Melbourne city, only because of $$$ they can input. Not sure it could work though, we are training there 9 months of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back