Scandal Hawthorn player questioned over sexual offence allegation

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brad Hardie alluded to another incident involving a . Hawthorn premiership player that took place the night before last weeks game against the Wiggles.
He said more will come out during this week.
Does anyone know what he is alluding to?

Probably Brian Lake went out for a few drinks, or David Hale maybe .... or perhaps Alan Martello?

Why wouldnt he just say it? At least Robbo had the guts to go off half-cocked against Collingwood.

Does Hardie talk about all his own problems with the law? Or just take pot shots at others?
OK, I'll bite. Brad Hardie and legal problems, spill...

The person making the claims against a Hawthorn player would get sued.

Sorry got the wrong thread. (Thought it was in another). This is a Victorian Legal System issue thou. I'm stunned. This seems to be an issue that occurred in October last year. So HTF is there not a resolution. Either it is a funding issue/there is a mass problem with Sexual Assaults in Vic/Vic Police are incompentent/There is a funding issue. Considering in a countries as diverse as Indonesia/England murder cases are done and dusted in 12 months how can a rape allegation not be investigated and resolved in this time.

I know posters like Donners will claim Blue murder but seriously this should have been resolved by now. 6 months with a team investigating and still no resolution. WTF is going on?

Sorry got the wrong thread. (Thought it was in another). This is a Victorian Legal System issue thou. I'm stunned. This seems to be an issue that occurred in October last year. So HTF is there not a resolution. Either it is a funding issue/there is a mass problem with Sexual Assaults in Vic/Vic Police are incompentent/There is a funding issue. Considering in a countries as diverse as Indonesia/England murder cases are done and dusted in 12 months how can a rape allegation not be investigated and resolved in this time.

I know posters like Donners will claim Blue murder but seriously this should have been resolved by now. 6 months with a team investigating and still no resolution. WTF is going on?
It's kinda humbling to think how busy these police officers must be for the time to still not be enough to be finished.

In a scary way. Too much crime or too few police hours.

It's kinda humbling to think how busy these police officers must be for the time to still not be enough to be finished.

In a scary way. Too much crime or too few police hours.

Seriously. Don't know. Probably both. Or resources aren't allocated properly? Should've been resolved by now thou surely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would imagine that theres not enough evidence to press charges but they haven't/dont shut the case.

Why isn't it finished? Probably because some detectives are managing 30-40 cases alone and they're trying to gather evidence. Then when that happens they give the brief to prosecutors to ensure there is enough evidence for a Prima facie case to be put before the Court as it will be high profile.

Why isn't it finished? Probably because some detectives are managing 30-40 cases alone and they're trying to gather evidence. Then when that happens they give the brief to prosecutors to ensure there is enough evidence for a Prima facie case to be put before the Court as it will be high profile.

In an alleged sexual assault case involving a footballer/s and a female where all have been partying in a sexually charged atmosphere (drinking and often taking drugs) no charges should be laid unless there is credible evidence from a third party that plausibly corroborates the allegations made by the alleged victim. The reason for that is simply that in all recent jury trials against a footballer it has come down to his word against hers. Usually both paries have acted in a "party" environment. To date no footballer has been convicted by any jury.

It ends up being a case of "Pussy Emptor", meaning Girls Beware. If girls want to party and flirt with hormone enraged and substance fuelled young male footballers in, usually, their mid twenties they do so at their own risk. And lets be realistic, none of the female complainants in the last lot of cases have behaved in lily white manner.

Might be politically incorrect to say that but judging by the verdicts of juries in each of those cases it seems to be a fact.

Also lets not forget that the criminal law ( with all its harsh sanctions) and behaviour involving sex, drugs and rock n' roll do not, in the opinion of most people, sit easily together.

Last edited:
In an alleged sexual assault case involving a footballer/s and a female where all have been partying in a sexually charged atmosphere (drinking and often taking drugs) no charges should be laid unless there is credible evidence from a third party that plausibly corroborates the allegations made by the alleged female victim. The reason for that is simply that all other cases against a footballer which it comes down to his word against her, in an alcohol or substance fuelled party environment, have failed.
It ends up being a case of "Pussy Emptor", meaning Girls Beware if you want to party and flirt with hormone enraged and substance fuelled male footballers in, usually, their mid twenties.

Might be politically incorrect to say that but judging by the verdicts of juries it seems to be a fact.
If that's the case then a hell of a lot of people, especially on Bigfooty and at St Kilda games, owe Steven Milne an apology.

In an alleged sexual assault case involving a footballer/s and a female where all have been partying in a sexually charged atmosphere (drinking and often taking drugs) no charges should be laid unless there is credible evidence from a third party that plausibly corroborates the allegations made by the alleged female victim. The reason for that is simply that all other cases against a footballer which it comes down to his word against her, in an alcohol or substance fuelled party environment, have failed.
It ends up being a case of "Pussy Emptor", meaning Girls Beware if you want to party and flirt with hormone enraged and substance fuelled male footballers in, usually, their mid twenties.

Might be politically incorrect to say that but judging by the verdicts of juries it seems to be a fact.

Hence why I said it would be sent to prosecutors (being the Victorian DPP) to ensure that there is prima facie (google what that is if you don't know) before it is before the Court.

When a matter gets to Court well it's up to the prosecution to prove beyond a reason all doubt that it didn't happen. Any glimmer of this not occurring then a conviction will not occur.

I also strongly disagree with your opinion that women should be beware when partying with hormone and substance fuelled footballers. One because if young blokes can't party and be in control of their hormones that force them to allegedly sexual assault a person then they shouldn't be out partying. And secondly you're stating that footballers or drug users. Not all are.

One persons word against another's without witnesses or some other form of evidence are difficult in many other circumstances.

Hence why I said it would be sent to prosecutors (being the Victorian DPP) to ensure that there is prima facie (google what that is if you don't know) before it is before the Court.

When a matter gets to Court well it's up to the prosecution to prove beyond a reason all doubt that it didn't happen. Any glimmer of this not occurring then a conviction will not occur.

I also strongly disagree with your opinion that women should be beware when partying with hormone and substance fuelled footballers. One because if young blokes can't party and be in control of their hormones that force them to allegedly sexual assault a person then they shouldn't be out partying. And secondly you're stating that footballers or drug users. Not all are.

One persons word against another's without witnesses or some other form of evidence are difficult in many other circumstances.

You may disagree in the terms you have stated. I have no diffuculty understanding such a valid point of ( theoretical) disagreement. However I was endeavouring to be practical, however unpleasant that practical reality may be.

I do not think we disagree in point of principle. But we may disagree about the outcome of the practical application of that principle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back