Hawthorn sledge Clark? Clark doesn't think so : Joel Selwood cries wolf

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it's fantastic that he's had the courage to post it. Good on you Mitch.
I respect your opinion CP but I think he's speaking truth.

What I'd like to know is:....When are the press going to call out on Selwood & hold this turd accountable for his BS in Slandering half our team by association through his comments????

We all know the gravity that comes with depression & it's insidious affects on individuals in our society....But how does this make Selwood's unsubstantiated claims O.K & able to be ignored merely because of the nature of the sledging accusations????

The media are a CROC of Shite!

Ju
What I'd like to know is:....When are the press going to call out on Selwood & hold this turd accountable for his BS in Slandering half our team by association through his comments????

We all know the gravity that comes with depression & it's insidious affects on individuals in our society....But how does this make Selwood's unsubstantiated claims O.K & able to be ignored merely because of the nature of the sledging accusations????

The media are a CROC of Shite!

Just quietly guys. Clark was sledged.
By a Hawks player. Clark has requested everyone just drop it and doesn't want to drag anyone's name thru the media.
Strangely enough the sledger has been thru similar issues in life.
So get off Ya high horses and just move on like everyone else it

Ju

By a Hawks player. Clark has requested everyone just drop it and doesn't want to drag anyone's name thru the media.

I believe you, mate

:rolleyes:

Ju

Just quietly mate. The club (and for example Lake) has already HAD their name dragged through the mud.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I've since learnt they aren't his words - the photo was also unnecessary IMO so my thought that it was a little contrived stands
It wouldn't have hurt for him to acknowledge the author
Like I said though - if it helps go for it as I in no way doubt that he genuinely suffers from depression

Ju

Lake was named but denied it, also denied by Clark....Gibson & Frawley also in the mix!

Nothing to do with high horses.....If you want to play 'dirty' via the press then name names & don't be attempting some kind of 'retribution' through the mass-media, just because you got your sorry asses pantsed; combined with the 'outing' a player of yours 'on the field' by our blokes for drinking!

Lake has been cleared, but half our team still remain vilified by proxy, because of your Captain.

The Selwood boy is a piss-ant of a sore loser & not a Captain's arse-Hole!

Ju

Get your pissant captain off the footy show then and deal with it properly.

Ju

Just quietly???!!! You should mentor your captain.

He's speaking someone else's truth, haha.

Ju

Piss off ... just quietly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Without being in flammatory, does depresion go wth being a mouthy character ? Of all the afl players who have discussed it, it seems a common trait ?

They say its common among stand up comedians (joke not intended)

Would you consider Nathan Thompson a mouthy character?

Tbh I don't know how I feel about that
If it's helping him on his journey then good luck to him
It just seems a little contrived - best I just leave it alone
Yeah, I feel the same.
I don't participate in social media, I just don't get the fascination behind it, but that is just me.
The words which he stole and did not acknowledge, combined with the photo all seem a little 'look at me'. People I know with depression don't advertise the fact, nor do they seek constant attention from friends about it. It doesn't seem quite right to me...........but everyone is different, and he seems more different than most. Interested to see where this goes. I'm sure he'll cop taunts through out the season.
Good luck to him I guess.

Ju

Where do I start?

1. Nobody has ever denied that Clark was sledged.
Whether that sledge had anything remotely to do with depression is in serious doubt.
The fact that Clark himself never wanted it made public is not in doubt.

2. "By a Hawks player". Well, there's a shock. You sure it wasn't an umpire?
Or another Cat player who was shell-shocked by the Motlop info, realising Hawthorn players knew more about Geelong than the Geelong players.

3. You claim to know who the seldger was! Please - do tell. Or are you just trying to tarnish the whole playing group with another wild unfounded accusation?
Who would even do something like that? Not even a tosser like Joel Selwood could stoop that low... oh wait.

4. Geelong fan telling Hawk fans to "just move on" is ironic, to say the least. I have been urging Cat fans to do the same ever since 2008.

Ju

Is that you Mrs Clark?

No one has said a single disparaging thing about Clark on this site!

Before coming the high moral ground, at least check your premises & get your facts right!

What we are questioning are the tactics of the Cats Captain & (we assume, done with the blessing of Club & Coach) his club, in their behavior in the media towards the Hawthorn Football Club & it's players after this match.

If you truly believe this was not inspired by simple Sour Grapes at having been resoundingly flogged at our hands, & the subsequent 'Outing' of Motlop; Then you clearly are the only Hawks supporter with 20/20 vision & the rest of us are clearly blind.

Joel Selwood has 'Form' so far as being a post-match SOOK with regards the HFC & him/ his club losing....He clearly does not like being beaten by us & cannot take it neither, if his words & behavior are any gauge whatsoever....This time even he has hit a low water mark on this score & has made an absolute Embarrassment & ASS of himself & his club into the bargain

If you want to cast dispersion's (Ah La Kevin Sheedy Style) in the media, then at least provide evidence rather than spreading innuendo & hoping to taint an entire team by proxy.....We embarrassed the Flog & his team & these actions since are merely an attempt at some retributive "Payback"....That much, is obvious.

No one is judging Clark....Your comments are absurd!

What are you even talking about?! People are questioning whether or not Clark faked mental illness on the first or second page of the thread, that -to me - seems to be directly attacking his character.

I didn't say anything about those people attacking Selwood, but there are clearly people on here that have bagged out Clark's character, which to me is an absurd thing to do with no evidence. Don't jump to a conclusion that I'm attacking people for having a go at Selwood, where did I say that?! Here, took me scrolling down to post five to find someone questioning his character with no evidence to do so other than hearsay.

Take off the blinkers, not everyone here is just having a go at duckwood for handling this horribly, people are bagging out Clark for no ******* reason. I mean he is the guy trying to cover it up at this point, anyway, likely so he doesn't have to get dragged into Selwood's shitstirring.

Clark for all we know could be one of the greatest actors of our game, no one really knows why he left the game, there has been and rightfully so people question his motives. The guy left Brisbane as he stated he wanted to play back home in Freo to be closer to his family, next he signs a multi million dollar deal at the Dees.

I have lost a mate to clinical depression, it's not something that can be fixed in 12 months. His whole situation seems sketchy and inconsistent, and whilst I wouldn't be sledging him about depression I wouldn't shy away from baking him about other things.

Last edited:
What are you even talking about, people are questioning whether or not Clark faked mental illness on the first or second page of the thread, that -to me - seems to be directly attacking his character.

I didn't say anything about those people attacking Selwood, but there are clearly people on here that have bagged out Clark's character, which to me is an absurd thing to do with no evidence. Don't jump to a conclusion that I'm attacking people for having a go at Selwood, where did I say that?! Here, took me scrolling down to post five to find someone questioning his character with no evidence to do so other than hearsay.

Take off the blinkers, not everyone here is just having a go at duckwood for handling this horribly, people are bagging out Clark for no ******* reason. I mean he is the guy trying to cover it up at this point, anyway, likely so he doesn't have to get dragged into Selwood's shitstirring.

I am not really interested in the whole issue of clark, which I see as something of a Red Herring in this entire episode of the character assassination of HFC players on behalf of the Geelong Captain.....What does surprise me is the ease with which the media took the bait on offer: hook, line & sinker, without even a cursory glance at the very overt motives behind them.

We all know the History with Clark....Left Brizzy for Melb under somewhat iffy circumstances after having already been bound for Freo....An offer too good to refuse apparently.

The reason he proffered for wanting out of Brizzy was to go home....Well, Where did he go????....A bit like Buddy saying he wanted out of Melbourne to escape all the media glare & attention me thinks!!!!.....It had all the equivalency of sincerity attached to that statement.

Then, when things get tough at the Dees & he's struggling with injury, the whole 'Sacred Cow of 'Depression' gets offered up as the reason for his disenchantment with all things football & the MFC....Symptoms which somehow magically dissipate when offers come in from Collingwood & Geelong!

Finally, I don't see too many clinically depressed people on 5k per annun who can accord with the demands of an Elite AFL career!

Hate to say this, & yes I know it's besides the point, but hey, you brought it up.....tige19 has a point....And quite a substantive one at that!

I am not really interested in the whole issue of clark, which I see as something of a Red Herring in this entire episode of the character assassination of HFC players on behalf of the Geelong Captain.....What does surprise me is the ease with which the media took the bait on offer: hook, line & sinker, without even a cursory glance at the very overt motives behind them.

We all know the History with Clark....Left Brizzy for Melb under somewhat iffy circumstances after having already been bound for Freo....An offer too good to refuse apparently.

The reason he proffered for wanting out of Brizzy was to go home....Well, Where did he go????....A bit like Buddy saying he wanted out of Melbourne to escape all the media glare & attention me thinks!!!!.....It had all the equivalency of sincerity attached to that statement.

Then, when things get tough at the Dees & he's struggling with injury, the whole 'Sacred Cow of 'Depression' gets offered up as the reason for his disenchantment with all things football & the MFC....Symptoms which somehow magically dissipate when offers come in from Collingwood & Geelong!

Finally, I don't see too many clinically depressed people on 5k per annun who can accord with the demands of an Elite AFL career!

Hate to say this, & yes I know it's besides the point, but hey, you brought it up.....tige19 has a point....And quite a substantive one at that!

This is just another episode in the new TV series produced and directed by Joel Selwood called SORE LOSERS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back