King Cold

Club Legend
Nov 9, 2011
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong VFL
Historically three peats have been a very hard thing to achieve.

Should the Hawks salute in 2015, they would have a great case to be considered the best team of the modern era.

How do you rate their chances?

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Historically three peats have been a very hard thing to achieve.

Should the Hawks salute in 2015, they would have a great case to be considered the best team of all time.

How do you rate their chances?

The competitiveness to win an AFL premiership has never been higher, a modern 3 peat is far superior to anything done in the VFL in the 1920's

To steal a line from Darren Jolly, the only team that will beat Hawthorn next year is Hawthorn. It is a long season, and even then, anything can happen in a single day.

Roddy

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 10, 2006
M-Town
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket team.
As I said on one of the other prediction threads, I look at our best 22, and the inherent depth behind it, and all I can think is that it's going to take something extraordinary, from within (including an attitudinal lapse) or without, to stop us.

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
Port Adelaide have both the midfield depth, speed & array of small forwards necessary to beat us.....With the addition of Ryder, they can also now compete in the ruck stakes....Their only issue is squad depth beyond their best 22!

Barring that, the AFL could always roster a Finals re-schedule ah la 2012....But now that Vlad's gone, there's a fat chance of that happening again!;)

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Would need a hell of a lot to go right and their old boys to both last and then put in another massive September performance as per 2014 but could happen. If pushed would say no as I don't think the form, motivation, battle freshness and luck can hold out this long but they are every bit the 2015 contender and wouldn't surprise me. Unbeatable if 100% presently.

It's incredibly hard to win a Premiership. So many things have to go right. There's some very good teams around us like Sydney, Fremantle, Port Adelaide and Geelong. We've got some tough teams that will challenge us in 2015. I see Port Adelaide as the biggest threat followed by Sydney.

Sir Priddis

All Australian
Suspended
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
North Melbourne
Don't get better chances than this. Ill back them, but Port are looming.

HolyWars

Premiership Player
Apr 8, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, Barcelona, Boca Juniors
At the beginning of this season, I was quietly confident that they could go B2B if they could keep their best team on the park. Their depth now is such that there is literally a few different combinations of 'best 22' for them.

I am extremely confident that they will do it, but I won't be upset if they don't as there is a few teams that are capable of winning the flag.

Apr 1, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Everton FC
Hopefully this thread stays on a good course.

Obviously as a Hawks fan I think we're a very good chance but so many things can go wrong. Injuries and an off day in finals can cause everything to fall apart.

I believe our best 22 and depth is the best in the league but if some of our older players drop off a bit then that changes things.

Port and Sydney aren't easy beats and we still don't know if another club will shoot right up there too.

barmy44

BigFooty Guy
May 14, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man City, England Test Team, Sturt
very good chance to win 3 in a row, i have nothing new to add to any of the posts above.

a few teams are in with a chance at it, and one or two often surprise, but hawthorn have as good a claim as any.

Great team but I'm concerned about the age of Mitchell and Hodge. An injury to one of these guys before the finals and Hawthorn's chances take a serious hit.

What an amazingly well drilled team, though. No other side comes close in the skills department.

Rainfall

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Aug 10, 2013
Wolf Creek
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Zyzz ~ Forever mirin'
It's incredibly hard to win a Premiership. So many things have to go right. There's some very good teams around us like Sydney, Fremantle, Port Adelaide and Geelong. We've got some tough teams that will challenge us in 2015. I see Port Adelaide as the biggest threat followed by Sydney.
lol

RePete

Club Legend
Jan 23, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Good chance we will see a grandfinal rematch this year, unless they meet in a prelim. Wouldn't mind seeing a 3-peat. Port could go top-4 and threaten possibly if they have another year of absolutely no injuries but do not rate their depth at all, especially in tall stocks. With ASADA looming over a few of their players who knows what will happen. Norf, Freo and Geelong all have so many old players that its hard to predict who will make top-4 and who will finally feel the effects of an aging list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back