Hawthorn v Geelong, 7.40pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not too sure about this one. Hawthorn don't have a massive amount to play for, whereas Geelong can still slip to fourth and have to travel up to Sydney first week of the finals (assuming the Swans don't drop one) of course they can both still finish top too. Geelong have also really struggled against Brisbane in recent times.

It would be a good game for the Cats to win, takes all the pressure off next week and would ensure they don't travel in the first week of the finals.

It will either be another ripping game between these two great clubs or it will be a bit flat, I guess we're going to find out.

Could of at least wrote up a preview for such a big game.

I think this will be a ripper but Geelong will come home with the goods.

I did write up a preview. It's all of six words. :p

I would just like to thank Hawks fans for keep turning up to the H&A games. Without your support it would just be another Cats training session. Go cats!

1451397_10151704898185925_807596402_n.jpg

;)

To be honest this game means nothing. If anything it means a little more for Geelong but both teams will be playing each other week 1 of finals. I think both teams will be wanting to keep their powder dry for that one.

Lets have a nice, easy, flowing training run Cats. Bit of kick to kick

I'm not too sure about this one. Hawthorn don't have a massive amount to play for, whereas Geelong can still slip to fourth and have to travel up to Sydney first week of the finals (assuming the Swans don't drop one) of course they can both still finish top too. Geelong have also really struggled against Brisbane in recent times.

It would be a good game for the Cats to win, takes all the pressure off next week and would ensure they don't travel in the first week of the finals.

It will either be another ripping game between these two great clubs or it will be a bit flat, I guess we're going to find out.
Odd how you think. Hawthorn has even more probability of slipping to fourth then Geelong do as Geelong is a game clear of Hawthorn and its mathematically possible for Freo to catch Hawthorn on percentage even if Hawks only lose one of their last two games. Odd how you think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be honest this game means nothing. If anything it means a little more for Geelong but both teams will be playing each other week 1 of finals. I think both teams will be wanting to keep their powder dry for that one.

Lets have a nice, easy, flowing training run Cats. Bit of kick to kick
But Hawks fans keep telling us that qualifying finals don't matter. I'm confused.

It's a bit of a nothing game. Both sides meet each other in finals. Expecting late changes for both teams & whilst the teams go hard at it once the siren goes, it won't be A games presented. It shall be a good contest but greatness is done in September.

Odd how you think. Hawthorn has even more probability of slipping to fourth then Geelong do as Geelong is a game clear of Hawthorn and its mathematically possible for Freo to catch Hawthorn on percentage even if Hawks only lose one of their last two games. Odd how you think.

It's more mathematically possible for Geelong to slip to fourth owing to their s**t percentage. Port and Freo aren't going to make up Hawthorn's percentage particularly as they're playing each other next week. I doubt Collingwood will beat GWS today, they're no hope against Hawthorn next week unless Hawthorn win tonight and rest 3/4 of their team next week.

Shame it's a free to air game. St night = BT. Sat arvo would have been just as bad with rompingwins and basil. And fri night would have been equally bad with homoerotic bruth and Dennis going thru the motions commetti....

Why oh why couldn't t be a fox game with huddo.....

Dead rubber?

Theoretically if Hawthorn or Geelong lose their last 2 and Freo win both either could drop to 4th. Swans will probably have top 2 locked in next week and who knows how they will approach it (result could be variable especially against a fired up Richmond). So the winner could take top spot and potentially freo/port.

Most likely they will meet in a fortnight anyway so while wanting to and playing hard to win all the cards won't be on the table, trump cards will be kept in the deck.

A question thou.......would Hawthorn rather play Geelong at the G first up or Swans. Still reckon Geelong myself, curses etc go out the window in finals to a degree and avoiding a Sydney prelim and likely the easier opponent would be a big carrot.

Last edited:
Think it will a ripper, they both play hard footy against each other.

Cracking free flowing game would be great to watch.

Cats by 4 goals!!!!

Strange feeling going into this game - I haven't had the usual jitters all week before playing Hawthorn. To be honest, my main reason for wanting Geelong to win is because I tipped them, and am one behind the leader (a Hawthorn supporter) in our comp! Big ramifications for my tipping, not a lot for the actual season.

Cats by whatever and (please) no injuries or suspensions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back