Hawthorn vs Fremantle - Round 3, 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a mental issue with us and the Hawks. A bit like it used to be for the Hawks and the Cats.

Hawks are a great team without that so we need to rectify the mental side to have a shot.

Full credit to the Hawks tonight.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Not sure how it's anything like it used to be for the hawks and the cats? The Hawks were always in a winning position only to choke against the cats. You guys didn't look like being in the game from the very first bounce.

Not sure how it's anything like it used to be for the hawks and the cats? The Hawks were always in a winning position only to choke against the cats. You guys didn't look like being in the game from the very first bounce.

I said a bit. Its clearly a mental game for Freo now and I'd be surprised if many disagreed.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Freo take leave 4 or so times a year. This appears to be one of them.

It's calculated, and based on a combination of personnel available and likelihood of a victory.

Ross Lyon is a footy economist and Freo did not turn up tonight. Deliberately.

They had less outs than the Hawks did. Lyon would have backed his side in to win that game.

Fact is, they are so overrated it is criminal. And Ross Lyon is the biggest fraud coach mincing around.

Im not being hypocritical, It applies to all teams. Funny how your mob was flying in 2011 and 2012 and dropped last year. The old guys carried the load.

When any side loses 3-5 players thats in their best 22, you see a different side, and Seeing freo tonight we saw a different freo. Well done to the hawks though.
Old guys carrying the load? Ha. Funny how the majority of our injures last year were to our young/mid-aged players (Naita, Shuey, Hurn, Wellingham, Selwood, Rosa etc.)

I remember Freo fans saying last year that our injuries had nothing to do with our form. I guess Freo's don't matter either.

Old guys carrying the load? Ha. Funny how the majority of our injures last year were to our young/mid-aged players (Naita, Shuey, Hurn, Wellingham, Selwood, Rosa etc.)

I remember Freo fans saying last year that our injuries had nothing to do with our form. I guess Freo's don't matter either.

Embley played half a season last year and so did Kerr and the Older Selwood. Nicoski retired as well. In 2011 and 2012 Embley, Kerr, Glass and Cox were among the eagles best performers.

Yeah the eagles are doing good for now, But can only fight thats put in front of them. Bulldogs and demons are not the best teams going around.

Welcome To St Kilda's hell Freo. Next up Lyon cuts all your talented kids and trades for a pack of washed up hacks while Pav runs around looking increasingly frantic as he realises he's never going to win a flag...

Disagree. Ross Lyon at Saint Kilda literally ran the Club. Freos board is run by Chris Bond, Steve Harris and Steve Roisch. If Fye leaves freo at the end of the year then I might get worried.

Embley played half a season last year and so did Kerr and the Older Selwood. Nicoski retired as well. In 2011 and 2012 Embley, Kerr, Glass and Cox were among the eagles best performers.

Yeah the eagles are doing good for now, But can only fight thats put in front of them. Bulldogs and demons are not the best teams going around.

Neither are Collingwood or Gold Coast. They're not bad at full strength (collingwood) and playing ona dry deck (Gold Coast) but they aren't top sides at the moment. Which seems to have been lost in the Fremantle hype-fest, while everyone is well aware of the quality of the sides dispatched by West Coast.

Nicoski didn't play in 2012 when we performed really well. Embley was shocking through late 2011 and 2012. Kerr wasn't one of our best performers in 2012.

I didn't mention how we're going this year. So forget that.

Kerr was a big loss, so was Embley (kind of, he was poor when he actually played anyway), the further away Selwood was from our team the better, and Nicoski didn't even play in 2012. My point is, the majority of our injuries were to our younger players - particularly our midfield, not our senior players.

Well actually, my point is, Freo can blame injuries now but apparently we couldn't shoulder the blame on our massive injury list last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love all the tears from the fools who dig there heels into Lyon everytime he loses a game. Its embarrassing. The bloke is clearly a mastermind

Injuries?

We are hardly decimated by injury. No excuses. We should have put in a better effort than that.

Two wins against crappy teams and the eagles supporters are up and about recently.

Freo did the best they could, in the 2nd half at least when the game was dead.

Still its not as bad as some other freo losses in the past.

Not really unless you want to put your account on the line if you think North can beat Freo at Subi?

You have posted way too many times in this thread for it not to be glaringly apparent that you have a bad case of buttache. Putting your account on the line falls under the umbrella of a desperate attempt to salvage something out of a humiliating and probably a little scary bubble burst. And is certainly something we needn't entertain.

You have posted way too many times in this thread for it not to be glaringly apparent that you have a bad case of buttache. Putting your account on the line falls under the umbrella of a desperate attempt to salvage something out of a humiliating and probably a little scary bubble burst. And is certainly something we needn't entertain.

I will take that as a no then...

How many premierships does he have as a coach now?

As much as your current coach...

Oh and good luck against my mob. Im happy to get the odd win at the Gabbatoir.

They had less outs than the Hawks did. Lyon would have backed his side in to win that game.

Fact is, they are so overrated it is criminal. And Ross Lyon is the biggest fraud coach mincing around.
Yes indeedy. I thought Freo might have a year this year, which in fact put them to the test , and playing all the guns , not having easy beats as last season.
One thing Hawthorn did last year was play the top seven clubs in the first 7 games. Lost to Geelong, finally when it counted we got them, Geelong in fact are a mighty opponent , Freo have not earn't that accolade yet, by a long shot. Ross Lyon is a good coach , he hasn't blended his team yet and it may be beyond him.

One thing I've discovered you have to think your way to "might", as well as physically reach that "might". To hold on to it is Hawthorns challenge, but Fremantle have not reached the beginning yet, they were runners up last season, now they have to stand up after being humiliated and try again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back