Hawthorn vs Fremantle - Round 3, 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

If someone else hasn't already picked it... hours after the fact... Poppy's over-the-shoulder free kick at 1:52 left in the last was a load of sh*t. Ducked... got a hand on his outside shoulder... threw his head back... got a free. Bull sh*t.

Rosebury sucks. Went to school with him many moons ago. His sister was cute.

Umpiring didn't affect much besides the margin anyway.
You know that three deliberate out of bounds was called for Freo , that were pure bullshit. I think the ledger is square man.

Just had a flick through the thread after watching the replay. So much chat about the commentary team - they can definitely be over the top, but at least they enjoy the game and get excited instead of this cesspool of negativity. I come to the main board to jerk it over a big win and watch opposition supporters cower in awe. Surely take all that 'bruce is in the closet' s**t to the 4th estate board.

What does frustrate me about the commentators is the way they highlight nothing or 50/50 incidents and dissect them with regards to the Match Review Panel. I might be potentially off the mark here but was there ever a rule that they weren't allowed to show replays of incidents where players had been reported? I'd rather see them not show any incidents where players could potentially be looked at - sure, report it at the end of the game but don't try and make drama out of nothing.

Cyril is overrated by some in the footy media. I'm just glad that as a hawks fan, I can simply enjoy the fact that he plays exciting footy and shows some sparks of brilliance that make the game fun to watch. It sucks if you are a supporter (it seems looking through this thread, particularly Geelong) who has to rush to bigfooty every time he kicks a goal and the commentators bang on about it to remind everyone that he does this 'slightly less regularly than everyone in the media believes!!!!!!'

Fremantle were off tonight and no doubt will rebound from this well. We had similar losses to Richmond and Geelong in the past few years, which kept the players on their toes. The natural talent of guys like Pavlich, Johnson and Hill shone tonight, but needed more support (Mundy, Ballantine stand out for me).

From a hawks point of view, thought that some of the lesser lights really stepped up - Cheney, Spang, Duryea, Langford etc. When Geelong were simply unstoppable, their VFL team was winning and their depth was unbelievable. Hopefully that's the direction we are aiming for this year.

Don't understand the Cyril hate. He is a very gifted and talented footballer. Would love to have him in the Eagles.

Lulz at the Fremantle supporters blaming injuries when the Hawks had more out.
They even perform better up forward without Buddy. Take Pavlich out of Fremantle now and see them nosedive to the bottom four. But take heart, at least you will have a similar draw to 2013 next year and play finals again.

Much lulz. Poor depth Freo, poor football.

Don't understand the Cyril hate. He is a very gifted and talented footballer. Would love to have him in the Eagles.
Couldn't agree more . . . other than the Eagles part. :)

If someone else hasn't already picked it... hours after the fact... Poppy's over-the-shoulder free kick at 1:52 left in the last was a load of sh*t. Ducked... got a hand on his outside shoulder... threw his head back... got a free. Bull sh*t.

Rosebury sucks. Went to school with him many moons ago. His sister was cute.

Umpiring didn't affect much besides the margin anyway.

They did miss about 5 Frees for us in about 3 minutes ar one stage in the 2nd, all in the forwardline. I wouldnt lament the one that might have gone our way.

Disagree. Ross Lyon at Saint Kilda literally ran the Club.
Saying it a thousand times doesn't make it true.

I'm guessing you'd struggle to name anyone on St Kilda's board or in senior administration without looking it up. Yet you (& half of Freo supporters on BF) are experts on how that administration operates?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a mystery to me as well, but whatcha gonna do? Some people are just idiots.

When I know Rioli is playing, my interest in the game increases by a long way. You always know you are going to see at least one thing most other players are incapable of.

Matt Spangher is the best player to never secure a regular game ever. He is a complete maniac, we all know that but he is also a bloody good defender, a good forward and pretty clever with the ball in hand. I hope he stays in our best 22, his last 3 games for the club he has been very important to our wins.

Matt Spangher is the best player to never secure a regular game ever. He is a complete maniac, we all know that but he is also a bloody good defender, a good forward and pretty clever with the ball in hand. I hope he stays in our best 22, his last 3 games for the club he has been very important to our wins.
He is excellent his time is coming.

Played extremely well last night that's for sure.

I hear you - just always seems to arrive at a club at the wrong time. At the demons, dogs, saints etc. he would be best 22. I would love him to stay in at least until lake returns which seems to be weeks away but then who goes out for him to keep his spot

Remove this Banner Ad

Back