Hawthorn vs Sydney - The Deciding Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't work out why nobody has mentioned the Dogs yet. :confused:

Bonti's had his warm up year, time for him to push aside all the pretenders, ruin all this talk of a 'deciding GF' and give us flag number two. :cool:

:p

Patience Grass-Hopper!;)

Essendon would be the Cinderella story. That would be the best as a spectacle.

Yeah...Nah....The 2 ugly step-sisters more comes to mind!
kramer.jpg

I can't work out why nobody has mentioned the Dogs yet. :confused:

Bonti's had his warm up year, time for him to push aside all the pretenders, ruin all this talk of a 'deciding GF' and give us flag number two. :cool:

:p
Lol - I quite like the Doggies (you guys have picked up a gun of a coach)! If you win a flag this year though the Footscray boys will be celebrating their back to back quite hard!

We played the majority of our home games at Princes Park, you're counting away games in those totals. Also 1 of our finals was at Subi, 2 at Waverley.
You are letting the truth get in the way of his good story.

Apart from Buddy, Swans play boring footy.
And we won in 2013, so we are already in front.
I want to play Port.
Although it would be good to play a Vic club for a change.
(last 5 GFs v WCE, Cats, Swans, Freo, Swans).

Weeping with incoherant rage into the millions of dollars that, lets face it - he aint going to be earning after football.

A wise man knows his own limitations - buddy knows his and has chosen to make the absolute most out of his football career. I just hope he has a smart financial advisor investing it all wisely and he doesnt touch the principal.

Jes/Jas/Jacinta is, I suspect, reasonably savvy with this stuff. If he sticks around I reckon she'll find someone to sort that out.

Anyway, Hawks and Swans would have to make it first. Make this thread in July.

How good would this be?

After being 1 all after the 2012/2014 Grand Finals, I think that it would be fantastic to have a decider.

It's very likely that these two teams could meet again in the Grand Final again this year, and the makings for a classic Grand Final are there already, with the Swans looking at atoning for last year's poor GF showing, and the Hawks looking to win their 3rd flag in a row.

Thoughts?

It would be pretty bad. How about a Dogs vs Saints GF?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probabbly the only opponent neutrals would support hawthorn against.

Would love the huge smackdown for old times, but essendon arent up to it sadly
I was a neutral in last years GF.
And cheering for the Hawks louder than Hawks fans in the pub.
God I hate the swans.

Me to !!!

He missing out on GFs and Ablett on Brownlows and probably an extra GF or two when both chased cash brings me nothing but joy.

Had they not already achieved those things, I'd agree.

They have.

I'd say both are very comfortable with their decisions.

Don't think it was a sad face of the loss as much as the face of disapointment in most of his team mates who let him down.

He had a great GF so he is one of a few that can hold his head up. Still wish he was a Hawk.
Yep -he tried a lot harder than most of his team mates in 2014 GF. (also thought he never stopped trying in 2012 GF). Think he is happy in Sydney but imagine he still loves the Hawks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back