#hawthornproblems

Remove this Banner Ad

When he kicked that atrocious behind just before half time I said, "We're going to win this."
Is that all?

I said "* you mooney, you ******* useless campaigner. I could've kicked that with my dick, you ******* spud!"

Not that he'd have heard me from M9, being so far away and all.

#hawthornproblems

When he kicked that atrocious behind just before half time I said, "We're going to win this."

I've got that gamed saved on IQ and have watched that incident many times for laughs.
The bonus is that, at the same time, Tom Harley is being carried off the ground concussed.

It's a win-win really.

I've got that gamed saved on IQ and have watched that incident many times for laughs.
The bonus is that, at the same time, Tom Harley is being carried off the ground concussed.

It's a win-win really.
If you're an evil bastard like me, you get a little bit of satisfaction listening to Harley commentate the 2014 GF, knowing that he's once again having to compliment Hawthorn winning another flag....and against his new, but yet to be revealed, employer.

The best part about that arseclown's efforts was this bit:

Mooney said he ran into goal thinking: “(Birchall) you poor bugger, you’ve got no idea what’s coming your way.
“I had Hodgey and Campbell Brown mouthing off at me. I knew these two boys would come running at me and I thought she’s going to be on.

“I had Chappy and Johnno (Steve Johnson) out the back who I knew could handle themselves pretty well. They were riding shotgun.”

“I’ve probably cost us back to back. God it hurt for a long time, it really did.

The best part about that arseclown's efforts was this bit:

Mooney said he ran into goal thinking: “(Birchall) you poor bugger, you’ve got no idea what’s coming your way.
“I had Hodgey and Campbell Brown mouthing off at me. I knew these two boys would come running at me and I thought she’s going to be on.

“I had Chappy and Johnno (Steve Johnson) out the back who I knew could handle themselves pretty well. They were riding shotgun.”

“I’ve probably cost us back to back. God it hurt for a long time, it really did.
That kick / era aside, I really rate Cameron Mooney as a commentator / special comments guy these days (Ling, too) - they're two of the few who see Hawks players for what they are as opposed to trying to find fault in them, despite their achievements (like Harley does).

That kick / era aside, I really rate Cameron Mooney as a commentator / special comments guy these days (Ling, too) - they're two of the few who see Hawks players for what they are as opposed to trying to find fault in them, despite their achievements (like Harley does).

Yeah, Mooney and Ling are pretty generous in their praise of Hawthorn players.

It's a win-win really.

Win-win for Hawks and Hawks.

I always wondered how Harley got concussed.

Trying to promote voting for Popeye while contributing to all of the Hawthorn Premiership related threads. #hawthorn problems #standbypopeye
http://www.neko.org.au/online-reunion-photo-competition/
Please vote for Popeye.
If you don't it will give badluck to the Hawks for a 4peat. ;)

And that's how you get hawthorn fans to do what you want. :D:p

Yeah I don't mind him as a commentator either.
I just think it's pretty humorous that he was gleefully premeditating being a hard man, prior to kicking the unmissable goal..

Kind of summed up the Handbaggers' day, really.

Last edited:
I think even Hodge wanted 2013 to be more epic than what half time was indicating, hence his quip about wanting Freo to kick the first 3 goals of the third quarter.
To be fair, he mentioned afterwards that he meant to say something along the lines of if they do kick the next 3 we can still win this.

Classic Hodge though, even his *ups can be moments of pure brilliance! I.e. this and "centering that kick".

Just a quick question. Up until not long ago the Kododa trail was a big part of our pre-season especially with an influx of new recruits. I thought it was a great team buidling exercise on top of historical side of things. It seems to have stopped prior to the new tax regime being implemented.
Why is this?

It just dawned on me. We keep winning and playing in GF's and our pre-seasons are shorter. #hawthornproblems

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a quick question. Up until not long ago the Kododa trail was a big part of our pre-season especially with an influx of new recruits. I thought it was a great team buidling exercise on top of historical side of things. It seems to have stopped prior to the new tax regime being implemented.
Why is this?

It just dawned on me. We keep winning and playing in GF's and our pre-seasons are shorter. #hawthornproblems
We haven't done that in ages (2011 I think). In fact if I am right about 2011 we have won a flag every year since stopping it (2011 was preseason for 2012). We go to QLD now :)

I agree it was quite tense at the time for a while there, but when you know the result it's not one for re-watching when we have so many other better ones to choose from #hawthornproblems
2013 GF overshadowed for replay value by the preliminary final that year. Even though I know the result I still Catch myself yelling at the umpire bias in Q2 and Q3

We haven't done that in ages (2011 I think). In fact if I am right about 2011 we have won a flag every year since stopping it (2011 was preseason for 2012). We go to QLD now :)

Good for the QLD economy and not reminding us of the military. Great!

Why is this?

Hodge did the Kokoda track the week following the GF with a bunch of corporates.

We might not be taking the draftees to the track every second year, but it's still part of our club.

Good for the QLD economy and not reminding us of the military. Great!
I'm interested to hear the reasoning behind us not wanting to be reminded of Australia's military...?

Regardless your position, please be respectful.

I'm interested to hear the reasoning behind us not wanting to be reminded of Australia's military...?

Regardless your position, please be respectful.
I know when I think about the team I love I want to be reminded of thousands of people shooting each other dead.

Military = only sacred cow is Oz. Bag it out at your peril

Ha! Now I'm worried about O'Rourke's abilities if you think that the military is a sacred cow, much less Australia's only one. "Judgement check, isle three!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back