Strategy Hawthorn's new $50 million ULTRAMEGA COMPLEX of AWESOMENESS AND SUCCESS

Remove this Banner Ad

Spy pics of OP inspecting the scale model and formulating thread title.

"The Echols Bigfooty centre for footballers who can't play good. And wanna learn to do other stuff good too"
Zoolander.png
zoolander_school2_large.jpg
c.jpg

If the suit & Hair-cut are any gauge as to the true persona behind the AV, then it certainly explains alot!:eek:

Spy pics of OP inspecting the scale model and formulating thread title.

"The Echols Bigfooty centre for footballers who can't play good. And wanna learn to do other stuff good too"
Zoolander.png
zoolander_school2_large.jpg
c.jpg

How can we be expected to teach players to train if they can't even fit inside the building?

I initially assumed this is a cover for a new, larger base to store all our premiership cups. She's getting a little full down there at glenferrie.

The other obvious possibility is a new state of the art cyril rioli study faculty, where teams of scientists work around the clock attempting to unravel out one of the great mystery's of the universe, cyrils troublesome hamstrings

I'm still getting used to us being out at Waverley :$

There are quite a few golf courses closing/amalgamating at the moment so whoever suggested a golf course might not be too far off the mark.

Disappointed. Based on the thread title, I was expecting to learn we were building ourselves a Death Star which we'll be trialling on James Hird's humble abode before setting our sights on the city of Geelong.
You expect us to just come out and say it?

Read between the lines, fella.

If the suit & Hair-cut are any gauge as to the true persona behind the AV, then it certainly explains alot!:eek:
I fully expect Echols to write a eugoogily for when Sir James Albert meets his demise.

Echols would make a great eugoogiliser.

Come on it took Hodge years to lose all that weight, I'm not sure if the Adidas goes into the Dew size

It's Wantirna, mate
We need some sophisticated dining to match the area.

I forgot about Donut King - for the gourmets...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I fully expect Echols to write a eugoogily for when Sir James Albert meets his demise.

Echols would make a great eugoogiliser.

Explains the obsession with the Bombres imminent demise then!;).... Accompanying glee ought not to be pre-dominant in a Eulogizer.... Detracts from the desired affect!

Maybe we're putting the feelers out there.

Im a fan of us moving to a new purpose built mega complex. Think we might have outgrown Waverley.

Only thing is Watsonia is nth east whereas Wantirna is east - thought i read we've also looked there.

Bonus being that out those ways Collingwood has a large slice of the fan base which after entrenching ourselves in the Sth East, we could also tap into in the new region to grow our fan base even more.

Wonder if Clarko will chip in some off his hard earned as yet another shrewd investment. The way he's going he's going to conquer the world

Watsonia would suit me fine - given I only live a couple of suburbs away! :p

Explains the obsession with the Bombres imminent demise then!;).... Accompanying glee ought not to be pre-dominant in a Eulogizer.... Detracts from the desired affect!
I can pretend to be solemn.

Looking at what Essendon is building and what the Perth teams are proposing, I don't think its possible to build something similar on our current site

Do we need both an MCG and Etihad size oval? Indoor training facility? Ability to do closed training sessions at the site?

Whatever we do will need to last us at least 10 years, so we can't afford to build something that isn't state of the art when completed...

A car park would be nice too ! :oops:

Or at least somewhere where you are allowed to park in the surrounding streets for a couple of hours only, in the middle of a weekday, on one day in the year if and only if Hawthorn make the GF! (No parking zone around Waverley for GF training session is ridiculous :straining: )

Ok if we're going to do this let's do it right.
Why doesn't the club get in with the state & federal Govt's & propose a new state of the art stadium in the East/Sth East corridor.
This ground could be used not only as our HQ-training facility but also for local leagues eg EFL, SFL etc for their finals etc.
Also could be used by TAC sides- Eastern Ranges etc & by local umpiring academies etc.
The ground would have a capacity of say 20k initially but with the option to be upgraded easily.
So in a way the HFC get their state of the art training faclity, local leagues get a great ground for their finals & juniors/Umpires get good training facilities as well.
The Sth East/East part of Melb is screaming for such a Stadium & one of the best things to come out of it is our image would be idolized even more by the community.
We could of course let other clubs with strong fan bases out this way use it as well such as Saints, Tigers etc for the lower drawing games etc.

It's almost been 9 years since we moved into Waverly with our state of the art projector screen and heated pool. Sadly it's probably one of the oldest now which is why it's important to upgrade and stay ahead of the pack.
Seen the crows facility. Seriously it looks like it was built just before their B2B. Horrid facility

Remove this Banner Ad

Back