Toast Hayden Crozier

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny how at the start of the year lots of posters were writing him off. Moller is another target for premature delisting.

Woah, finally watched the game, and wow! :eek:

Crozier's really taking this opportunity by the throat (not in the Lake/Boomer way) and cementing a spot for himself in the side. To come in at the tail end of the season against 2 of the other potential premiers this season and play the way he has. His pressure is a billion times better than it was last year. And he's so flashy but doesn't let that get in the way of some really elite footy skills. Hurry up and re-sign this kid!

The thing that really impressed me with the burgoyne goal was that he chose to kick it with his left and he's a right footer. Beautiful kick.

That and the chase and tackle. Anticipated burgoyne's movement got there first and dropped him like a sack of spuds. And told him about it.

Loved it.

Edit: he might actually be a left footer! I'd swear I see him kick for distance on his right all the time. Wikipedia pegs him as a lefty. Now I'm confused. Sheahan had him as a lefty in his top 30 for 2011 draft, so that'll do it. Nice problem to have though.

Just in case you need visual evidence of Crozier's preferred foot.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/smart-r...09&eventType=Goal&seek=5529&videoQuality=high

Both Crozier and Sutcliffe are out of contract at the end of next year. We probably want to start formalizing another contract extension for both.

Shaun Burgoyne is one of the hardest players in the AFL to tackle and Crozier absolutely nailed him. And then without even running to the side to make the angle easier, he just effortlessly took a few steps forward and drilled a perfect banana. Very classy

Last edited:
He's been missing for most of this year. I like the kid, last two games have been outstanding and he's always been a handy sub.....What happened at the start of the year that kept him out of the side? (apologies if its already been covered)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's been missing for most of this year. I like the kid, last two games have been outstanding and he's always been a handy sub.....What happened at the start of the year that kept him out of the side? (apologies if its already been covered)

Change of philosophy more than anything IMO. We used to be big on defensive forwards, the last 2 weeks we've experimented with playing more attacking forwards and it has paid off.

Terrific couple of weeks for him, he had some vision in traffic with his hands as well as a lethal left hoof.
He is very slender, so isn't going to stick every tackle like de boer.. But his hurt factor going the other way could be telling.
still lays a good tackle

Terrific couple of weeks for him, he had some vision in traffic with his hands as well as a lethal left hoof.
He is very slender, so isn't going to stick every tackle like de boer.. But his hurt factor going the other way could be telling.

agree with the hurt factor

Not much other than he did not perform when in the team so we dropped him to try Sylvia. Full credit to him, he was sent back to the magoo's and started to put performances together.

Change of philosophy more than anything IMO. We used to be big on defensive forwards, the last 2 weeks we've experimented with playing more attacking forwards and it has paid off.
Agree with this but I don't think that the options (Duffy & Walters injured, Crozier & Sylvia not performing) where there earlier in the year the way they are at the moment. Now with 4 small/medium forwards performing well, we can move from plan B back to plan A.

Additionally plan A always included another tall forward. Gumby was going well in preseason but his body failed and so we went back to the youth who were still not ready (Hannath, Tabs and Apeness were all tried). IMHO the game agains the hawks shows the improvement in Crozier and Tabs and what is yet to come.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back