Roast Hayden Crozier

Remove this Banner Ad

Let me put it this way - while Crozier hasn't really come on yet to the extent I believe he is capable of, if he is going to get that extra core strength and just explode into the competition one day, I want that to occur in a Fremantle jumper and nobody else's!

I strongly doubt it would be being reported that he has re-signed if he hadn't...though no doubt Luke Morfesse will be furious at the leak...which if so is terrific news.

While it mightn't seem like it right at the minute, the Dockers are close to turning the page into another new era from 2016 on, and Croz needs to be a key part in that.

Could there be a case for Crozier playing Pearce's role and Pearce to be the small forward. Pearce does have a sense around goal unless it's a set shot, or running into an open goal or if having to use his right.

A dribbler from the pocket is Pearce's forte and those quick snaps.

Crozier has arguably a better kick on him.

Whose with me!?
Fitness would probably be why, plus Ross has always preached that when the backline is breached its due to lack of pressure up the ground. So perhaps having the speedy Pearce is core to this.

Harsh to create a roast thread for him. He's not the problem right now. I'm not going to write Crozier off just yet. He's come into the team when the whole team has been down on form. There have been less than five players who have been consistent over the last half of the season. Hes had some alright games recently in particular the Richmond one where he kicked two clutch goals. In a team where everyone shits themselves kicking at goal, we need to keep someone like Crozier. He will improve. Good to hear he's likely to re-sign too....now throw a contract at Alex Pearce!!!

So you're happy to sink the boot into a 21yr old developing player but not good ol' Hayden. An AA small forward who did absolutely **** all for 10 rounds.

Oh srry, he's a Freo forward. If he tackles and applies pressure he's awesome. :rolleyes:

Crozier hasn't done anything yet, has shown that he can kick a goal when required but needs to get involved more. But this talk of Hayden being the returning messiah is laughable.

I can't wait, Crowls and Ballas coming in for the GF.

Not sure where I said Ballas was the messiah but I have no doubt he would have made the tackles crozier missed.
Just thought you should also know all the top sides bring high levels of tackle pressure and it is one of the key indicators for any football team.

If you really want to know where the disfunction comes from then look no further than our ball skills.
Fumbling, dropped marks and poor disposal, the seconds lost from a fumble is what enables sides to get back and cover slowing our ball movement.
You cant blame one or two for this either as the entire side have had there issues in this department.
Where does the fault lie? I dont think it is a coaching issue.

I feel that the players are either fatigued physically or are they mentally switched off.
The mental and physical side is huge and I have no doubt that the preparation for the finals started weeks ago.
When that happens players naturally are not as motivated for what are effectively dead rubber games.
Sure our poor form makes good copy for the media but I dont read too much into it.
If it continues in finals and we go out is straight sets then yes questions will need answers.

Anyway I am happy to keep Croz on the list but I also love the club's policy of making young players earn games.
This obsession with youth that a lot of Freo fans has is crazy.
I know that in the heat of finals I will feel alot more comfortable with De Boer, Suban, Mzungu and Pearces instead of Crozier, Sheridan, Weller and Blakely.

Good to see he's resigned. I like him as the sub at the moment. I expect he'll be dropped this week, seems to happen to every other young player who resigns.
HA! Called it.

Young players who aren't regulars seemed get dropped the week after they sign.

Not that he didn't deserve it this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back