Streaming [HBO] True Detective

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, and they're pretty loose examples of plagiarism anyways. There might be some paraphrasing going on (but more likely just some expressions common to a broad field of philosophy), but it's not like a TV show needs a reference list anyways. And to top it all off, he admitted the influence in an interview that apparently isn't good enough because it was after the fact.

Talk about a storm in a flat circle.

Just some prick who is Jelly that someone did a similar thing after him and got more "famouser".

Last time I checked The King in Yellow was written in 1895...

Read somewhere it's going to be based in California but not in the California that we all know (L.A, San Francisco etc).
“…It takes place in California — not Los Angeles, but some of the much lesser known venues of California — and we’re going to try to capture a certain psychosphere ambiance of the place, much like we did in season one.”-Nic Pizzolatto

Hopefully it's out in the desert somewhere.

Abit late to the party but just got into this show.
It's just excellent, top notch writing, direction & acting.
I just finished watching episode 3 and I think i'll watch another one now.

Abit late to the party but just got into this show.
It's just excellent, top notch writing, direction & acting.
I just finished watching episode 3 and I think i'll watch another one now.

Episode 4 is the masterpiece of the season. Would love to be able to watch it again for the first time.

Good to hear, it's so good to have a new show that is actually so engaging.

Also I love this gif I found of Woody Harrelson haha

ibqqUJnbW4PJvG.gif

Yeah, and they're pretty loose examples of plagiarism anyways. There might be some paraphrasing going on (but more likely just some expressions common to a broad field of philosophy), but it's not like a TV show needs a reference list anyways. And to top it all off, he admitted the influence in an interview that apparently isn't good enough because it was after the fact.

Talk about a storm in a flat circle.

Woody (to McCoughaney at the Emmys): "I'm just glad you got all the plagiarised lines."

Well I just watched the penultimate episode, this show is just on another level.
Just got one more ep left and I have a fair idea who the killer is.
Dude on the lawn mower

This gif sums up how I felt when watching episode 4
i15vckazKmTXD.gif

That shootout was ****ing intense, excellent camerawork.

I don't think you need to use spoiler tags so long after the show actually aired, but the thought is nice regardless.

I just watched the first episode again as we showed it to a cousin who hadn't seen it yet. It's a VERY slow start, but was still extremely gripping. Lots of foreshadowing too, so I'm hoping the rest of the season is just as rewarding on a second watch.

http://www.whosay.com/articles/3805-true-detective-season-2-gets-a-premiere-date?code=kdL99kz

We don't know who will play the cops or criminals, but we finally know when HBO crime drama "True Detective" will premiere its long-awaited Season 2.

We'll have to be patient—the Emmy-nominated series should start shooting this month and premiere its second season next summer. Gulp. That'll be more than a year since its intial debut in January 2014.

HBO’s head of programming Mike Lombardo revealed the news while at the Guardian International Television Festival in Edinburgh.

"We’re going to start shooting [True Detective Season 2] in September," he said, "for it to air next summer.”

But so much is still up in the air. The only other concrete facts we know are Emmy-nominated Season 1 stars Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson won't be returning and neither will Emmy-winning director and man-braid trendsetter Cary Joji Fukunaga.

http://www.whosay.com/articles/3805-true-detective-season-2-gets-a-premiere-date?code=kdL99kz

We don't know who will play the cops or criminals, but we finally know when HBO crime drama "True Detective" will premiere its long-awaited Season 2.

We'll have to be patient—the Emmy-nominated series should start shooting this month and premiere its second season next summer. Gulp. That'll be more than a year since its intial debut in January 2014.

HBO’s head of programming Mike Lombardo revealed the news while at the Guardian International Television Festival in Edinburgh.

"We’re going to start shooting [True Detective Season 2] in September," he said, "for it to air next summer.”

But so much is still up in the air. The only other concrete facts we know are Emmy-nominated Season 1 stars Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson won't be returning and neither will Emmy-winning director and man-braid trendsetter Cary Joji Fukunaga.

Not completely unhappy with this. Would rather they take the time and get it right as opposed to trying to keep to a strict yearly schedule.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a good actor but he's just tainted himself by being involved in some terrible films, just as MM had done in the past.

I think he'll be aright personally, I loved him in 'In Bruges' and 'Seven Psychopaths'.

He's a horrible actor. His only decent flick was his sex tape (not that I've seen it). MM was at least good in his bad movies.

Also In Bruges is massively overrated.

I don't mind it.

No pants. No.

He's a horrible actor. His only decent flick was his sex tape (not that I've seen it). MM was at least good in his bad movies.

Also In Bruges is massively overrated.

No pants. No.

He was alright in In Brugges and Seven Psychopaths.

I hope I'm pleasantly surprised.

I highly doubt it though.

I doubt that the second season even gets close to what the first was.

Farrell will be okay but I doubt he'll give the command performances that McConnaughey and Harrelson did.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

To be fair though I don't think it would really be possible to top what MM did, he's in the prime of his life right now and gave a performance that was up there with the bar set by Cranston and Gandolfini for TV character portrayals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back