Streaming [HBO] True Detective

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

The last two episodes have definitely been an improvement.

The cringe worthy writing is still prevalent (Frank telling the kid what's in him is 'pure gold'), but the plot moving forward now at least semi distracts you from that.

R.i.p Stan. We hardly knew ye. Really..........we hardly ******* knew him, but lets have a 10 minute scene with Frank talking to his wife and kid.

I laughed at Franks negotiation skills with the mexicans. "You can have thursday, friday, saturday with x percentage" to......"Have all week and what you make is yours".

Anyway that's enough negative talk. The orgy scene was really well done. Can really tell when a quality director is in charge (same guy that directed the Hardhome episode in Game of Thrones).

I just wish this season didn't feel so rushed together, which is sort of ironic given how slow the first 4/5 episodes were.

Pizzolatto having someone tell him "No, that sounds ******* stupid" would've been handy as well.

The last two episodes have definitely been an improvement.

The cringe worthy writing is still prevalent (Frank telling the kid what's in him is 'pure gold'), but the plot moving forward now at least semi distracts you from that.

R.i.p Stan. We hardly knew ye. Really..........we hardly ******* knew him, but lets have a 10 minute scene with Frank talking to his wife and kid.

I laughed at Franks negotiation skills with the mexicans. "You can have thursday, friday, saturday with x percentage" to......"Have all week and what you make is yours".

Anyway that's enough negative talk. The orgy scene was really well done. Can really tell when a quality director is in charge (same guy that directed the Hardhome episode in Game of Thrones).

I just wish this season didn't feel so rushed together, which is sort of ironic given how slow the first 4/5 episodes were.

Pizzolatto having someone tell him "No, that sounds ******* stupid" would've been handy as well.
the Mexican standoff line was pretty funny :p
Yeah I also feel a big opportunity was missed with the first few episodes. It was overly murky. The progression of the last couple of episode has been welcome. The backdrop and cast have always had potential. It now feels like a quality show. But just as I get excited there's only a couple of eps to go. Velcoro is a particularly interesting character. Colin Farrell doing an excellent job.

The escape from House of Orgy was a bit far fetched as well, but yes, past three Eps have been very good.

Liked the music for the House scene...added that extra sense of distortion.

Farrels's melt down was well done as well both at the jail and the house...that poor poor little boy; so unhappy. He has been the bright light of the Season with McAdam a second.

I just tune out when VV is on screen...aside from the nail gun scene, I tuned the * out.

I want that Farrel's car FWIW.

I keep on seeing Burris' name being brought up. Would someone be willing to remind me who exactly he is, and what his deal is? Cause I have completely forgotten lol
He's Falcorro's boss at Vinci PD, came to kick him out of his apartment - slim slightly italian looking bloke.

I think people are hating on Vaughn to be part of a clique now.

His lines this episode where fine and had some good ones.

The fat ranger kid deserves to have his life stuffed over.

"Kay" - dads just told you he will always love you. What a little campaigner.

Its his presence that I don't care much about...he brings zero charisma to the role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who even cares anymore?

They'll do a reveal and then juxtapose it onto a montage of L.A freeways and the defenders will ramble on about how great this shitheap of a season has been.

Haha. I've almost given up as well. This last episode lost all the goodwill from the couple of previous ones. It looked like it was gonna get better and that a payoff was coming, but this episode was a return to hackneyed dialogue, cliched plot lines and the same old brooding stares. It wasn't without its good moments, sure, but I'm not holding out for an amazing conclusion to the season any more.

i was much more pessimistic about this than most before the season started (mainly for the reason that i felt the writing was the weakest part of the first season and also the only thing returning) but it appears i'm one of very few who are actually enjoying it and arent just hate watching it at this point.

Im still enjoying this season, sure its not as good as the first one but there is not much of anything that was.

Knew that Woodrugh was going to get killed after he got out of the tunnels. I hope he got a text off to Ray, but doubt it. Now we know how deep the corruption and who is involved. Ray and Ani no most of it also now, cant wait to see how it ends. And all the stuff with Frank is finally paying off.

Im still enjoying this season, sure its not as good as the first one but there is not much of anything that was.

Knew that Woodrugh was going to get killed after he got out of the tunnels. I hope he got a text off to Ray, but doubt it. Now we know how deep the corruption and who is involved. Ray and Ani no most of it also now, cant wait to see how it ends. And all the stuff with Frank is finally paying off.

Agreed on all counts, really enjoying it even if it isn't on the same level as season 1. Frank's story delivered big, and without a hint of questionable dialogue too.

Thinking Woodrugh getting killed will be the catalyst (LOL, pun) for fed involvement/interest too. Dead cop, dead mercenaries in the tunnels.

Was enjoying the opening scene with Bezzeridis and Velcoro, her talking about waiting her whole for that or looking for that and then slipping up about running out of the woods was good some writing IMO but then she tried to * him which seemed out of place and ruined the end of the scene despite a small recovery will Velcoro saying she was out of his league anyway lol.

The shootout was pretty good too, felt Woodrough was gonna get it in the end.

Agreed on all counts, really enjoying it even if it isn't on the same level as season 1. Frank's story delivered big, and without a hint of questionable dialogue too.

Thinking Woodrugh getting killed will be the catalyst (LOL, pun) for fed involvement/interest too. Dead cop, dead mercenaries in the tunnels.

There was the 1 line about some guy being around less in the last three months than his wifes period........Frank cant help himself with the metaphors.

There was the 1 line about some guy being around less in the last three months than his wifes period........Frank cant help himself with the metaphors.

I liked that one. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back