HDFL PreSeason 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Season is here boys whats everyone thinking for Round 1?
Elmore vs Heathcote looks like a crucial game for the momentum of both Club's Seasons.
Should be able to get a guage if Huntly are still going to be finals quality when they play Mounts.
Bit the same with White Hills playing Leitchville.
Colbo have talked it up a bit over the summer so it will be also be interested what they can do against the top cats.
Predictions lads?

Very even comp this year from all reports. Hard to pick

Heathcote by 12
Mounts by 20
L Gunbower by 18
LBU by 1

whos done the talking up at colbo??
Elmore
Mounts
LG
Colbo!

Yeah that's a peculiar one isn't it. The numerous posts that I can recall or see over the last 5 months is a grand total of about four comments. At least two of those appear to be simple observations from other interested footy fans, in no way associated with the club. Imagine how confident they would be if they had received ten positive comments:eek:.
Does look like a much more interesting year in the HDFL all the same. Good luck to you all.

Yeah that's a peculiar one isn't it. The numerous posts that I can recall or see over the last 5 months is a grand total of about four comments. At least two of those appear to be simple observations from other interested footy fans, in no way associated with the club. Imagine how confident they would be if they had received ten positive comments:eek:.
Does look like a much more interesting year in the HDFL all the same. Good luck to you all.

He is a couple of things I havent read.
Sam Vale did his knee and wont play this year. Disappointing for him as would have been a very good recruit.
Also there is a rumour that Colbo are actually in their 149th year not 150 but havent heard if anyone got it wrong? anyone know if this is close to true?

Where has the centralvicfooty website gone?
According to website url metrics, Central Vic Footy has an estimated worth of $2k, maybe Chalkie has sold out.....

Centralvicfooty is ranked 7,019,081 in the United States. 'Central Vic Footy Tip 8: Footy Tipping for all.'
  • Analysis
  • Visitors
  • Content
  • Links
  • Server
7,019,081Rank in United States
11,245,338Worldwide Rank
Monthly pages viewed1,588
Monthly visits 1,588
Value per visitor--
Estimated worth$1,996.42 *
External links55
Number of pages--

Good to hear Grant Ford is going to be ok after Saturday's injury that ended the game. Pity the Saints didnt get the chance to post the win after being in control. Solid win to Locky, Leitchy stormed home to flog White Hills in the end and Mounts got up in a thriller which also showed Huntly could be still be a finalist as well I thought.

White Hills are under the pump early as they play Mounts and North in the next fortnight so they will be desperate to land atleast 1 of them games. Will need by Rick and Wardey to get firing.
What did everyone think of the weekend's action?

If you have Fox Footy might be worth a look at the new show the recruit as Ryan Semmel the reigning League B&F is in it. Training for a rookie list spot.

When's it on Big Arab? Which Club is the rookie spot with?

It will start in a few weeks and go most of the footy season I believe as already filming. Semmell and his brothers are playing at Rye this year but he isnt available until round 8 down there until they finish filming. training is in front of various recruiters and games will be played as well to show recruiters what the players have to offer. Not sure when it starts and I dont think there is any guarantees that any player will be rookied but highly likely if they win. Clubs can rookie any player they wish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BORING! Surely there is something to talk about. Games completed on the weekend? Upcoming games?

Well whats your opinion Azza?

This week is super important for a few Club's White Hills badly need a win at North, Colbo could be 0-3 if they cant get over Mounts at Mounts should be a good game, Heathcote have got to go to Leitchville and they only have the draw to their name from Elmore game. Big early Season matches.

Well whats your opinion Azza?

This week is super important for a few Club's White Hills badly need a win at North, Colbo could be 0-3 if they cant get over Mounts at Mounts should be a good game, Heathcote have got to go to Leitchville and they only have the draw to their name from Elmore game. Big early Season matches.

My predictions Rd 3
North by 40 points
Colbo by 8 points
Leitch by 26 points
Locky by 30 points

My predictions Rd 3
North by 40 points
Colbo by 8 points
Leitch by 26 points
Locky by 30 points

The Hills have a handy record at the Zoo and if they get there forwards going in Big Ricky Symes, Jake Ward, Al Galea and Little Jakey Allport they should be right in the mix. Did North also cop an injury to star recruit Michael Leech?

Agree with the tight one between Mounts and Colbo but I think the other two will be blow outs. Id think Elmore would be elated if they could get within 5 goals off Locky.

Went out to mounts for the first time in a long time today for the big clash between mounts and colbo. Well what a fizzer. Mounts absolutely outclassed, especially in the first quarter where, even with a wind advantage, colbo smashed them. colbos on ballers working both ways, and together, where mounts just sat back and waited for something to happen. And to borrow a segment from AFL game day, heres 3 things I learnt
1: colbos on ballers work hard, both ways.. always at least one of them in the defensive end space blocking it up
2:gretgrix and robbins don't, well didn't today, chase once when the ball hit the ground.. if they didn't have the small forwards chasing and harassing it could have been a lot worse.. not sure how robbins was best either, but that's just my opinion.. and
3: paddy obrien (colbo) is a gun.. must have had nearly 40 touches today, just runs and runs and runs.. and to the right spots too. reminded me of a right footed toot morgan.. which is a pretty big call.

as I said, first hdfl game ive seen in a while, so hopefully it was an off day for mounts, but gee Colbo looked really good

Went out to mounts for the first time in a long time today for the big clash between mounts and colbo. Well what a fizzer. Mounts absolutely outclassed, especially in the first quarter where, even with a wind advantage, colbo smashed them. colbos on ballers working both ways, and together, where mounts just sat back and waited for something to happen. And to borrow a segment from AFL game day, heres 3 things I learnt
1: colbos on ballers work hard, both ways.. always at least one of them in the defensive end space blocking it up
2:gretgrix and robbins don't, well didn't today, chase once when the ball hit the ground.. if they didn't have the small forwards chasing and harassing it could have been a lot worse.. not sure how robbins was best either, but that's just my opinion.. and
3: paddy obrien (colbo) is a gun.. must have had nearly 40 touches today, just runs and runs and runs.. and to the right spots too. reminded me of a right footed toot morgan.. which is a pretty big call.

as I said, first hdfl game ive seen in a while, so hopefully it was an off day for mounts, but gee Colbo looked really good

I went along for a look at this game as well first things first how can the HDFL justify charging $12 gate entry when the Bendigo League only charges $10? Don't think it would turn ppl off from attending but doesnt make much sense.
Secondly there has been alot of talk about the Heathcote League being nearly as good as Bendigo. There is still a pretty good gap there looking at this match between two sides who will likely play finals.

But Jayco your right credit to Colbo they were the side that was much more committed and skilled on the day Patty O'Brien was very good wouldn't mind getting him along to the Dragons, Little Cory Jacobs was great with his skills and Linno Jacobs very good as well. Leroy Miller who was at Sandhurst last year in the 3rds kicked 4 and with more games under his belt will be a very handy forward for Colbo. Plenty of good signs for them and there two losses in the first two Rounds could well have been against the Grand Finalists to come.

Mounts would be very concerned at the moment they probably wont play that bad again but theyve got a tail on them like the Bangladesh Cricket team and couldnt see how they could win it with some of the ones in there. At the top end I actually thought Robins was pretty good but got alot of his ball up the ground Gretgrix was scratchy but still would have had 7 or so shots on goal and kicked bags the first two weeks and Tim Hill was ok down back but just too many holes in their side. Sounds as if White Hills missed a golden opportunity to beat them the week before as well.

Talking about star recruits Symesy and Wardey will want to kick into gear shortly for the Hills but great win for them on Saturday at North.

I went along for a look at this game as well first things first how can the HDFL justify charging $12 gate entry when the Bendigo League only charges $10? Don't think it would turn ppl off from attending but doesnt make much sense.
Secondly there has been alot of talk about the Heathcote League being nearly as good as Bendigo. There is still a pretty good gap there looking at this match between two sides who will likely play finals.

Been to watch a few bfl and hdfl games this year and in my opinion the gap isnt substantial anymore. Mounts are an ordinary side with a few guns so cannot judge the HD on them. Barring Strath and Sandhurst (havent watched gisbourne this year) the the middle range teams in the bfl (square, flat, eaglehawk) are pretty much equal with the middle ranges teams in the hdfl( Colbo, leitchy, north bendigo).

Been to watch a few bfl and hdfl games this year and in my opinion the gap isnt substantial anymore. Mounts are an ordinary side with a few guns so cannot judge the HD on them. Barring Strath and Sandhurst (havent watched gisbourne this year) the the middle range teams in the bfl (square, flat, eaglehawk) are pretty much equal with the middle ranges teams in the hdfl( Colbo, leitchy, north bendigo).

Colbo vs Golden Square? Please. Its good that your proud of your league but dont get carried away.

Colbo vs Golden Square? Please. Its good that your proud of your league but dont get carried away.

Might interest u to know tht I'm from the gvfl buddy. It good tht u bfl lads r proud of your league but frustrates me when u compare your self to the gv as u more than a few tears below. R u guys even a major league? Shouldn't be if so

Might interest u to know tht I'm from the gvfl buddy. It good tht u bfl lads r proud of your league but frustrates me when u compare your self to the gv as u more than a few tears below. R u guys even a major league? Shouldn't be if so

Maybe shouldn't have included goldensquare in tht bracket as I haven't watched them with ladson and corey jones and will surely improve a lot after tht.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back