HDFL PreSeason 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi All,

I heard my old mate Robbie Schuller is umpiring in the HDFL this year (former VFL umpire), any truth to that rumour?...having said that, how is the standard of umpiring in the senior grade this year, thoughts anyone? Ben - Geelong FL

LBU show no slowing down after defeating 9/10 strength MFL power house premiership side Echuca United by 15 plus goals and making a mess of cohuna dominating the runners up in last years granny by 70+ points. With Jonathan hay fitting into backline nicely and having gun footballer Matt Deledio which is bretts brother.(when richmond arent playing away or a Saturday you will see brett around the lbu huddle coaching the midfields). Young talents Trent Bacon, Ryan Jensen have made huge impacts and highly skilled and strong bodied Trav Bacon has returned to the club after a year of injury.

LBU show no slowing down after defeating 9/10 strength MFL power house premiership side Echuca United by 15 plus goals and making a mess of cohuna dominating the runners up in last years granny by 70+ points. With Jonathan hay fitting into backline nicely and having gun footballer Matt Deledio which is bretts brother.(when richmond arent playing away or a Saturday you will see brett around the lbu huddle coaching the midfields). Young talents Trent Bacon, Ryan Jensen have made huge impacts and highly skilled and strong bodied Trav Bacon has returned to the club after a year of injury.
Yes they played them practice matches and yes they have been a benchmark seasons gone but were now 3 rounds in 2014 -Colbo got near enough for round 1 and they haven't played LG or North yet so go easy on the KY jelly until then.

You take nothing out of practice matches, LG have won every practice match the last 3 years, how many sides have all their players playing in them?

United only had a only had 3 names out of the premiership side, locky had if I remember rightly 7. Even if they did have those 2 players it wouldnt have made a difference. I wasnt at the cohuna game but reports were that cohuna were to unfit to keep up

United only had a only had 3 names out of the premiership side, locky had if I remember rightly 7. Even if they did have those 2 players it wouldnt have made a difference. I wasnt at the cohuna game but reports were that cohuna were to unfit to keep up

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
you officially won the pre season cup............................if anyone cared and if there was one.......................

If you didnt notice someone asked previously how lbu's preseason went against cohuna. i dont have anything to do with lbu I am a member at echuca in the gv... And tbh locky is probably one of the best sides in country victoria outside of gv and ovens and murray.

If you didnt notice someone asked previously how lbu's preseason went against cohuna. i dont have anything to do with lbu I am a member at echuca in the gv... And tbh locky is probably one of the best sides in country victoria outside of gv and ovens and murray.
That is a huge call and of no significance at all!! If they are that good they should obviously go through undefeated with no side getting within 15 maybe 20 goals. You have to love country footy in April!!

That is a huge call and of no significance at all!! If they are that good they should obviously go through undefeated with no side getting within 15 maybe 20 goals. You have to love country footy in April!!
Imagine like a footy version of the champions league, best team of each league go and compete seriously in some kind of carnival to find out which sides are best in vic country. I would pay money to see !

Imagine like a footy version of the champions league, best team of each league go and compete seriously in some kind of carnival to find out which sides are best in vic country. I would pay money to see !
Who cares?? Just win the flag in the comp your in and take it for what it is. If you seriously believe LBU are one of the best sides outside of the GV and O and M, your either incredibly one-eyed or stupid!! Sorry mate but get real!!

Interesting Round of Footy guys. Any observations or anything notable happen?

Starting to emerg that Heathcote could be in for a long year they were belted by Mounts who responded well.
Leitchville beat Elmore as expected. Retiredtoolong might be able to tell us how Leitchy looked and how they might compare with LBU?
Huntly and Colbo had losses that leave them behind the 8 ball in terms of getting a double chance where the flags are normally won from. Huntly now 0-3 and Colbo 1-3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting Round of Footy guys. Any observations or anything notable happen?

Starting to emerg that Heathcote could be in for a long year they were belted by Mounts who responded well.
Leitchville beat Elmore as expected. Retiredtoolong might be able to tell us how Leitchy looked and how they might compare with LBU?
Huntly and Colbo had losses that leave them behind the 8 ball in terms of getting a double chance where the flags are normally won from. Huntly now 0-3 and Colbo 1-3.
Leithville/Gunbower looked very good and probably should be considering the 220k they are spending still think they are a bit behind LBU in terms of teamwork etc as they are a work in progress in terms of all their new players by the end of the season we will get a guage on where they are at will be a cracking game this week

Leithville/Gunbower looked very good and probably should be considering the 220k they are spending still think they are a bit behind LBU in terms of teamwork etc as they are a work in progress in terms of all their new players by the end of the season we will get a guage on where they are at will be a cracking game this week

Should be a ripper. The expenditure isnt so important more so the results and they are on fire early this season.
Where are Elmore at mate? word is a few of the recruits arent up to Heathcote League standard and that it could be a battle to win a game or two. Do you think thats the case?

Should be a ripper. The expenditure isnt so important more so the results and they are on fire early this season.
Where are Elmore at mate? word is a few of the recruits arent up to Heathcote League standard and that it could be a battle to win a game or two. Do you think thats the case?
Maybe but the jury is still out injury hasnt helped with Lashbrook and Mckenzie going down with season ending injuries i guess the team is a work in progress still learning how to play with each other and played the top 2 sides in the last two weeks ask the same question at the end of June and we will have more of an idea

Maybe but the jury is still out injury hasnt helped with Lashbrook and Mckenzie going down with season ending injuries i guess the team is a work in progress still learning how to play with each other and played the top 2 sides in the last two weeks ask the same question at the end of June and we will have more of an idea

Hopefully you might have a couple of wins by then. Hows the Coach travelling?

Will be a big challenge coming from out of the area and probably not having much knowledge of the area and taking on a wooden spoon team that seem to lose most of their good players. Heathcote are also in unfamilar territory and look like they are in for a long year as well.
I dont think that being out of the area is a problem we had to build the club back up from scratch and get the club culture back on track that has been done and playing the top two sides in the last two weeks hasnt helped i reckon we can cause a few upsets during the year.

Andrew18.. Echuca United are havent got 8 players from there Premiership side of last year playing this year, and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have had everyone playing in the Practice match so you could add a few more. Not sure where you got 3 from.

Andrew18.. Echuca United are havent got 8 players from there Premiership side of last year playing this year, and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have had everyone playing in the Practice match so you could add a few more. Not sure where you got 3 from.
It does not matter as we are well and truly into season 2014 with LG v LBU this week it should set the standard for where nth bendigo, colbo and even mounts need to be - that is the top 5 no doubt, but each of them 3 need there new forwards to be on song on the day. This might be the big dance preview.....

It does not matter as we are well and truly into season 2014 with LG v LBU this week it should set the standard for where nth bendigo, colbo and even mounts need to be - that is the top 5 no doubt, but each of them 3 need there new forwards to be on song on the day. This might be the big dance preview.....

Agree this could be the Grand Final combination but dont think the 5 is locked up at all. White Hills are right in the mix to play finals and seems to be talk of them still on the recruiting trail and Huntly while they are in a tight spot at 0-3 all losses have been in tight fashion and reversable if they hit some touch next time around so plenty to be played out before locking down a final 5.

Agree this could be the Grand Final combination but dont think the 5 is locked up at all. White Hills are right in the mix to play finals and seems to be talk of them still on the recruiting trail and Huntly while they are in a tight spot at 0-3 all losses have been in tight fashion and reversable if they hit some touch next time around so plenty to be played out before locking down a final 5.
Watch a bit of the Nth Bgo v Heffcote match at Atkins St today, and must say that there is a bigger gap in the HDFL this season than I originally thought. Nth spanking the Saints by over 100 points. Top 5 is already locked away IMO with LBU, LG, Mounts, Nth and Huntly to make top 5 with White Hills to be the only other to be considered. Bottom 3 in Elmore, Heathcote and Colbo no chance. Time will only tell I guess !!!

Watch a bit of the Nth Bgo v Heffcote match at Atkins St today, and must say that there is a bigger gap in the HDFL this season than I originally thought. Nth spanking the Saints by over 100 points. Top 5 is already locked away IMO with LBU, LG, Mounts, Nth and Huntly to make top 5 with White Hills to be the only other to be considered. Bottom 3 in Elmore, Heathcote and Colbo no chance. Time will only tell I guess !!!

Having a tough time of it Heathcote that's for sure. Has Joel Condon been playing Stormboy?

White Hills have played 4 out of that top 5 you have nominated so they are still right in the mix and it will probably take 9 wins to grab 5th so Huntly and Colbo will still feel that's getable from here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back