HDFL PreSeason 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Aaron Farrel

Draftee
Nov 7, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Thoughts on first half of the year?

Pretty exciting this season as its not dominated by one team like past seasons. Looks like a few teams have caught up to LBU standards (which is good for the League). This second half of the season will be interesting that's for sure. Looks like White Hills are starting to play really good Footy. Also you can't kick out Leitchville for finals. But North are looking quite powerful on top atm. This is how I think the Ladder will look after the Home and away Season.

North
LBU
White Hills
Leitch
Colbo
Mounts
Huntly
Elmore
Heathcote

Ben Carter 30

Draftee
Apr 23, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Agreed, North Ballarat City (Ballarat FL) are super competitive...Whilst Barwon South (Geelong FL) & Wontahggi Power, Sale (Gippsland FL) are among Vic Country's finest. Horsham (Wimmera FL) shouldn't be discounted either...!

ark n go

Team Captain
Jul 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Has anyone else heard G.Weeks and a few others back to Colbo next year? Club celebrating 100 years and going to have a real crack.

Dragon Fly

All Australian
Dec 19, 2008
Under the QEO stand
AFL Club
Adelaide
Colbos ground chopped up pretty badly and needed a spell.

Some real important games tomorrow in the HDFL. Colbo need to pull off an upset against North to stay in the race for the finals it was a tight game earlier in the year. White Hills need to beat Huntly and should, Leitchy shouldnt have too much trouble with Elmore and Mounts look too good for Heathcote.

North by 15.
Hills by 17.
Leitchy by 70.
Mounts by 45.

Anyone else?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fantom Maggot

Team Captain
Feb 21, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Richmond
Some real important games tomorrow in the HDFL. Colbo need to pull off an upset against North to stay in the race for the finals it was a tight game earlier in the year. White Hills need to beat Huntly and should, Leitchy shouldnt have too much trouble with Elmore and Mounts look too good for Heathcote.

North by 15.
Hills by 17.
Leitchy by 70.
Mounts by 45.

Anyone else?
Hillies have been ravaged by injuries of late but some handy inclusions coming back this week. Hopefully they'll return to the winners list this weekend. Selections look pretty good to me Fly.

Dragon Fly

All Australian
Dec 19, 2008
Under the QEO stand
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hillies have been ravaged by injuries of late but some handy inclusions coming back this week. Hopefully they'll return to the winners list this weekend. Selections look pretty good to me Fly.

Good day for the Hills yestie Fantom got over Huntly and North done you a favour with a win over Colbo.
Elmore getting flogged by 180 points by Leitchville is the biggest winning margin I can remember in this league for a long time. Spending enough coin to be competitive you'd think be interested to know what their plan of attack is going forward.

Any news around the HD?

Doona2

Cancelled
Mar 1, 2005
Kilmore
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Kilmore, Broadford, Yea, Calder
Good day for the Hills yestie Fantom got over Huntly and North done you a favour with a win over Colbo.
Elmore getting flogged by 180 points by Leitchville is the biggest winning margin I can remember in this league for a long time. Spending enough coin to be competitive you'd think be interested to know what their plan of attack is going forward.

Any news around the HD?

Send them to the LVFL and get Broadford back ha ha :D

GG Rides Again

All Australian
Apr 20, 2007
Intangible
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I heard that Elmore told all their paid recruits " not making finals so as from now we are not paying any one" that's why some left before clearances closed

IF that was the case and I do say IF as Elmore are renowned for finding cash somewhere, it would be a pretty dark day for the club and affect recruiting next year as players may wonder whether they would get paid if they committed.
They need 12-15 players to be competitive and they wont come from within so need to start looking now.
The above may also be a way of getting rid of players not performing or seen to be up to it and give an open clearance to save some cash. That I could believe.

black caviar 66

Debutant
Oct 12, 2011
kerang
AFL Club
Carlton
I heard that Elmore told all their paid recruits " not making finals so as from now we are not paying any one" that's why some left before clearances closed
Mate you have no idea we played with 10 reserves players yesterday had no bench in the second half and battled on as best we could we get back 7 topliners nest week we gave some under performing players the option to leave before June 30 which they did as well as some that wanted to leave to play finals elsewhere the kids we have played over the last few weeks are local kids that have performed well and yes we have started recruiting for next year so pull your head in get your facts straight and crawl back under your rock.

black caviar 66

Debutant
Oct 12, 2011
kerang
AFL Club
Carlton
IF that was the case and I do say IF as Elmore are renowned for finding cash somewhere, it would be a pretty dark day for the club and affect recruiting next year as players may wonder whether they would get paid if they committed.
They need 12-15 players to be competitive and they wont come from within so need to start looking now.
The above may also be a way of getting rid of players not performing or seen to be up to it and give an open clearance to save some cash. That I could believe.
Spot on unlike the previous rock spider

Bomber_Jobey

Draftee
May 25, 2012
Squatters County
AFL Club
Essendon
Very keen to see how the Bombers go against LBU having got very close earlier in the year. The loser looking like they might miss out on the double chance with Mounts playing some good footy at moment. Thoughts?

Dragon Fly

All Australian
Dec 19, 2008
Under the QEO stand
AFL Club
Adelaide
Like our Elmore posters are alerting too Id say they would fix up there players so talk of them not paying anyone for the rest of the year would seem well off the mark. Personally dont think its a great move for Clubs to cut players through the Season both parties have entered a deal for the year and Clubs have the option to play players in the Ressies if underperforming. Has Steve Arthur been re-appointed for next year? Or still yet to be decided?

LG Bombers big chance to make their move if they can beat Locky this weekend should be a great contest.

vicfooty00

Draftee
Oct 29, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Very keen to see how the Bombers go against LBU having got very close earlier in the year. The loser looking like they might miss out on the double chance with Mounts playing some good footy at moment. Thoughts?
I think even though Mounts are looking good this season, they will give it a crack but wont make it too deep in the finals series. They'll go further next year after being together for a bit longer..

Dragon Fly

All Australian
Dec 19, 2008
Under the QEO stand
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think even though Mounts are looking good this season, they will give it a crack but wont make it too deep in the finals series. They'll go further next year after being together for a bit longer..

Going to be a good finals series in the HDFL. Think your right about Mounts a Semi or Preliminary Final looks around the mark for theM LBU North and Leitchy are the 3 possible winners and White Hills a dangerous opponent for someone the first week of finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back