HDFL PreSeason 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Providing they have the players up field to get the ball to him he should get a few.

Very true but it will make it easier to recruit on ballers now with Weeks in the goal square.
You'll find they probably had just as many inside 50's than the premiers but lack forward talent which is now rectified.

How big must the Kennel's Budget be??? I'm guessing heardman wouldn't have come cheaply. He should go quite well in this league next year. Good luck to him his a nice bloke. The burn would be shattered I imagine!!!

What's the League record goals for a season in this comp cos if all goes well Weeks could break it next season?

150+ wouldn't be unrealistic?
130 by Aaron James in 2009 is the record I think.
Weeksy could beat that easy enough I would think, especially if he doesn't get any injuries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

130 by Aaron James in 2009 is the record I think.
Weeksy could beat that easy enough I would think, especially if he doesn't get any injuries.

Plus with out the bye an a extra team means more games.

Baker kicked a few tons when at Broadford?

Bluey Southcombe kicked a big haul at Nth bendigo United but that may have been when they were in the Bendigo comp, Claude would know!

Keep hearing Cutriss and Knight back to colbo as well. Imagine the kennel would be slightly nervous with colbo loading up over the next 6 months and north just chasing that one elusive grand final. Herdman great get, proven finals performer. May be able to show a few of the north boys that you don't win the flag a week before the games played.
Mounts shopping hard for on ballers, Huntly hoping not to spend money but recruit, good luck with that. Probably a bad year trying to come from a long way back (unless it's your centenary) with a number of clubs willing to spend crazy amounts to achieve it.

If you believe the rumors, you can expect The Zoo to announce Barnes and Strange will be joining Herdman also in what would be huge. Someone must have won lotto at the kennel as you wouldn't get those blokes, Herdman, included for under a grand each. Would imagine they would be askin a few to take a cut to allow room

If you believe the rumors, you can expect The Zoo to announce Barnes and Strange will be joining Herdman also in what would be huge. Someone must have won lotto at the kennel as you wouldn't get those blokes, Herdman, included for under a grand each. Would imagine they would be askin a few to take a cut to allow room
As a coach can i just say that the money being offered around and that your competing against is ridiculous

Last edited:
Keep hearing Cutriss and Knight back to colbo as well. Imagine the kennel would be slightly nervous with colbo loading up over the next 6 months and north just chasing that one elusive grand final. Herdman great get, proven finals performer. May be able to show a few of the north boys that you don't win the flag a week before the games played.
Mounts shopping hard for on ballers, Huntly hoping not to spend money but recruit, good luck with that. Probably a bad year trying to come from a long way back (unless it's your centenary) with a number of clubs willing to spend crazy amounts to achieve it.
Bang, bang!

Who'd be a backman in this league next year

I'm sure clubs will find $500-600pw plus for dudes to play key defence, just as much as there will be guys willing to put their hand up for it too

And you'd knock back 5 or 6 gorillas a game back in your playing days?

My playing days .... never really had any. Coaching wise 2015 will be the most I've ever received, and it's under half the figure we've quoted above. Coached a senior flag at $80 per week a decade ago and the photo's, medals, memories were worth every cent of it :D

Don't get me wrong I blame the clubs for whats happened, of course a footballer will gravitate to the best deal its human nature and good on them for getting it but poor form on some clubs who don't do their homework and pay big "overs" sight unseen.

Last edited:
My playing days .... never really had any. Coaching wise 2015 will be the most I've ever received, and it's under half the figure we've quoted above. Coached a senior flag at $80 per week a decade ago and the photo's, medals, memories were worth every cent of it :D

Don't get me wrong I blame the clubs for whats happened, of course a footballer will gravitate to the best deal its human nature and good on them for getting it but poor form on some clubs who don't do their homework and pay big "overs" sight unseen.
Hello old mate,have been told by a close friend who is in the know at North Bendigo that they are still $40.000 behind the eight ball from the end of last season,all I can say God help North Bendigo if all their recruiting comes true were will they be in 2 years

Hello old mate,have been told by a close friend who is in the know at North Bendigo that they are still $40.000 behind the eight ball from the end of last season,all I can say God help North Bendigo if all their recruiting comes true were will they be in 2 years
Big big bills at IGA and Sportspower among others is the word. Pretty ordinary financial decisions being made. Not called buying a flag for nothing I spose

Big big bills at IGA and Sportspower among others is the word. Pretty ordinary financial decisions being made. Not called buying a flag for nothing I spose

More fool their Sponsors or businesses for letting them run up such a high credit.

If your gunna go broke on the journey to success then you atleast wanna flag to show for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back