Health and Fitness marketing

Remove this Banner Ad

Now I'll admit I do sometimes have a silent chuckle at some health & fitness supplement/diet/"breakthough" ads and articles, although one has to wonder how many people do actually get sucked in by the hype.

At least someone is willing to put all of the basic marketing methods into a single article:

http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2015/0...nd-other-cons-stories-from-a-fitness-insider/

wow, he's scathing about Asprey in this article. There's a few fans here that should read this article, i'd be interested to see what they think.

wow, he's scathing about Asprey in this article. There's a few fans here that should read this article, i'd be interested to see what they think.
Some have an open mind - some will defend him to the death. That's the genius of marketing that can turn interest > sales > customers > advocates.
Once you hit advocate stage nothing else matters.

Some have an open mind - some will defend him to the death. That's the genius of marketing that can turn interest > sales > customers > advocates.
Once you hit advocate stage nothing else matters.

My friend got us free tickets to "the wellness summit" here in Melbourne a couple of weekends ago. The tickets cost around $450 a pop.

They didn't release a program prior or during so we didn't know what time presenters would be on. The event marketed itself to those starting businesses in the health industry; people wanting to find out more about health and those just starting out. The event also claimed it would be providing cutting edge information.

It wasn't long into the weekend that I realised what a joke this thing was. Most of the presenters knew less than me about the topics they were presenting, their main aim in presenting was trying to sell the audience very expensive stuff, like weekend retreats and health coaching programs. The patronising was blatant.

There were a few guys who kept making "in" jokes about each other throughout the whole weekend and on the second day 2 of them got up and spent an hour talking about how it's important to surround yourself with supportive people. Then they proceeded to plug a weekend retreat (which there were only 50 spots) where we could hang out with all of the presenters for only $4k.

On day 2 the MC got up and told his story - which was great as i'd never heard of the guy - he told us how he worked on the footy show (included a slide of a him photobombing a pic with gary lyon and the north melbourne president then another pic of him with 2 hot girls holding a cigarette - apparently to prove to us that he used to smoke). I actually still don't know what he does or is offering in terms of health other than claiming to be a health coach.

Whether the organisers are in denial, i'm not sure but in reality the event was focussed on making money from people who have NO idea about health and well being. It is certainly not targeted towards people that have even the smallest understanding of healthy living. I was fairly annoyed and i didn't even pay for my ticket.

For someone that is starting out in this industry I would want nothing to do with their brand. I find it unscrupulous how they sold tickets to a summit where the main objective was to get more money out of the guests AND didn't release a program, it turns out because one of the key speakers pulled out. I think the biggest kickback to being healthy is you set up a strong foundation to be a good human being. If brain, hormones etc are working well and you're living a balanced and fulfilled life then surely an output of that is integrity and honesty. These guys, and all like them, are awful.

Last edited:
I think the science of bullet proof coffee is sound. I think the bullet proof executive website is a massive con.

The article is really good for keeping fitness. But I would like to say it is possible by a hard working man to keep his fitness always.

Good article and spot on about Asprey, he is a massive con and its staggering so many get sucked in by his bullshit. But if it wasn't for him i would never have started putting butter in my coffee and a day doesn't pass when i don't, even then i really have no idea of its real health value but all i do know is i just love the taste nd it keeps me full and energised.

I think the science of bullet proof coffee is sound. I think the bullet proof executive website is a massive con.
At my highest level I was having 25g butter and 25g of refined coconut oil now I have dropped it to 10g butter and 5g Coconut oil and I haven't noticed any difference in energy or the length of satiety and apart from the thickness of the brew the taste hasen't changed a lot.

Old post, so sorry.

But I've just been reading about Asprey as I've stumbled on a few interesting Bulletproof articles by accident over the last week. This is the first I have really heard of him or his brand but I'm at least intrigued. Reading about the spartan diet and a few others is interesting as well as I'm just learning.

Anyway, alot of your posts on this forum I've also found interesting and was curious to know if you still feel the same way about him and his brand. I think it's good that he is making people aware about certain things but something doesn't feel right overall, I'm not sure.

Also, how do you prepare your BP coffee (if you still drunk it)?
I haven't changed my mind. I'm very anti high fat dieting, and that includes high fat keto. The majority of people have enough fat in there body to burn, why add more.

High protein, moderate healthy fats - low carb with 16/8 intermittent fasting is where I've settled.
Now it isn't a diet, but my way of life.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back