Heard a Rumour

Remove this Banner Ad

So we traded the Rat Pack (which we are told was cancerous and must be eradicated) for the Clique (which is toxic). Well done there Pies, really got that culture cleaned up...
picard-seriously.jpg

I would trade him to Carlton for a 4th round pick. (with an agreement that they don't bid for Darcy Moore)
if not Fas, I would make a deal with the devil for another fringe player.
If this is the case bundle him up with Nate brown for a first rounder from Melbourne (plus our second round pick if that helps)

I wish people would put some effort in when they make up stuff...couldnt the uncle have been at the circus and was approached by a gypsy who wanted to tell his fortune?....for godsake put some effort in..

btw my brother met a player at the local laundromat and the player told him that he knew a way to make his undies brighter....hang on I told you the wrong story... the player said that Buckley has turned the team over to Robert Harvey so he's in charge for the next two weeks.

Very different to the rat pack.

Remember the rumor re Fasolo bullying Broomhead, well from what I've been told that is the sort of stuff that the clique is doing (not saying that specific rumor was true or that Fasolo is in the clique!!!).

The rat pack was only ever about those guys having a bit of a laugh and never ostracized non-members. Whereas this clique has fostered the disharmony that we've seen on matchdays.

Who's supposedly in the clique?

People who spread rumors are like walking infections. The lying words from their mouths spread like disease from person to person. The only way to stop the disease is to keep your mouth shut.

JOYCE HANSEN,

Rumors are seen as crimes committed by third parties. They are perfect crimes and leave not the slightest trace and require no weapons whatsoever--the defense is left without a leg to stand on.

JEAN-NOEL KAPFERER, Rumors: Uses, Interpretations, and Images

I know all is not well at the club, I played local football with a guy this season who has retired in the last few years and I won't say who he is. He is a recently retired Collingwood player though and a big named player who would be considered as a legend around here by some.

It shouldn't be enough to blame the last few losses on it though, the same problems existed when we were up 8-3 this year and just like the fans didn't bring this up then they shouldn't now. We overachieved then and now we are burnt out, bring on next season and lets aim for 11 wins.

Also the fact that you are getting the chance to wear the mighty black and white is an honour if you are going to disrespect that honour because you don't get a long with the coach you can GTFO now and play for Carlton.

Who the hell plays crap if they don't like the coach? Never heard such garbage, you play well and selfishly but not bad, you have a reputation to hold up and attract other clubs. There is simply no excuse for the last month apart from a young list being tired.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolute nonsense going on in this thread with everyone calling for Fasolo's head, despite the fact that not only is it merely a rumour, but he is not even mentioned in the f***ing rumour!!

Just because Fasolo has been injury struck for a few seasons the vultures look for any excuse to turn on him. Imagine if this rumour came out in his first season when everyone loved him - you would have been telling all the other players to harden up.

Or imagine if it came out that it was Kennedy who was rumoured to be accused of potentially being possibly disruptive in the workplace, hence why he got dropped - whoever dared mention the rumour, let alone demanding that be traded - that person would be drawn and quartered.

Get a grip people.

Happens all the time at footy clubs, work places and the like and my suggestion is to suck it up and get on with what your being paid to do. If your employer is providing a safe and well equipped workplace you'd also hope he was endeavouring to provide a happy one as well.
Sometimes that's not always the case and someone not happy to do the 'hard yards' will often look for an easier option.
Personally I have a job that's creative, interesting and reasonably well paid but I'd swap any of our players in an instant.

An overpaid position often gives rise to people not doing the 'hard yards' [which is not just the two-way running but also the off-field effort to keep improving your skills and all] - maybe calling a spade a spade is not getting the required results, so then you move them on and bring in people that will go do it. It's not always the coach's fault, although that's possible too.

Last edited:
Umm...no, its a rumour.
You just went from rumour to fact without knowing the truth

And ain't that the way - a lot of piss-poor comments here, among those trying to be reasonable. Seriously, WTF? The season's not going to everybody's liking and not everybody's happy about it...

Fasolo doesn't hold back. I've never been a fan of his because he over celebrates when we are losing and comes across very cocky.
I don't think he's a team player.

Guys I wouldn't be panicking too much here, a quick perusal of your injury list and no team ever could cover the losses the Pies are currently suffering. Next year replace Lynch with a decent tall forward and you back in the top 4 IMO, won't take much with a fit list either way.
Jeezuz, voice of reason on this forum?

Of course, and with anything like that you have to take it with a grain of salt. I guess the thing that stands out for me, is that similar stories pop up from different people... which *may* suggest there are *some* elements of truth.
So, lots of rumours means it's more likely to have substance?

david lia said:
Hi guy, new to the forum and big pies fan, in regards to rumours I had a mate attend the pies carlton game second time
around and he's a carlscum supporter and mention he was talking to didak and didak mention that he cant stand bucks
and the dids was going for carlton that night and as for swan also heard froma source a while back that swanny mention
if he was 2 to 3 years younger he would of left as well
. I think bucks needs to stop thinking that everyone needs to replicate
him and I think he really needs to change for next year cause it aint working.

PFFT!

Not to worry. Lets just get rid of a few more players and then everything will be alright...............
Yeah, no, there's no chance that spoilt, entitled or aging players from MM's time needed to be cleaned out for us to compete with the new trends of the game, is there?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back