Heard a Rumour

Remove this Banner Ad

Please elaborate [or shut up].

I generally really respect your posting Hardas, but I have to ask have you not read the thread through? Because I did elaborate with my follow up posts!

My guess is that what you really want is for me to name and shame, yeah? The questions been asked about 4 times in the thread I've ignored it each time for a reason, it's a rumor!

I haven't started the rumor, but that information goes too far and is unfair to go into.

The "roller coaster" and "Buckley" mega threads provide better examples of carping.

Definition of "carping" = "difficult to please; critical" (ref Google)
Gee I wish Collingwood members as a group had been more difficult to please over the last half a century.

Check the back page of the news today guys. There is more than just not knowing if he's going to be offered a contract by the pies. To all the posters who do not know me personally I don't just make things up for fun. I hope luke gets another contract and helps our young midfield develop into moulds of luke in his prime.

Wouldn't do it. Nate is injury prone, Fas is unproven. Not worth it for them.
Remember, this is Melbourne we're talking about. They signed Dawes to $500k per year for 4 years :)

Check the back page of the news today guys. There is more than just not knowing if he's going to be offered a contract by the pies. To all the posters who do not know me personally I don't just make things up for fun. I hope luke gets another contract and helps our young midfield develop into moulds of luke in his prime.

It IS more than not knowing. It's a question of whether the club wants him to play again next year.... because he is losing his capability to play at the highest level because of his declining physical standards and his problems with injury. Nathan Buckley, who is the coach, referred to these factors in a press conference a week or two ago. Buckley does these press conferences regularly to inform Collingwood supporters what is happening at the club. I'm sure if you do a search you will find these videos. If you watch these conferences, your understanding will be enhanced. By retaining him on the list, the club might have to drop a younger player or NOT draft another younger player. Do you understand this? Try to get an understanding of the draft and club lists, and how clubs have to make these judgment calls. If you manage to do this, you're enjoyment of the non-playing aspects of AFL will be enhanced. Good luck.

First time poster and I have information relevant to this topic that is eating me up.

My brother and my mate who I go to the footy with have told me to let it go.
Unfortunately if something is bugging me and it is effects the club l love then it
is impossible for me to just let it go!

I would like to share the information with Scodog10 and the administrator 76woodenspooners
in private to get some advise. Is it possible to have a chat in private on here as it is my first post
and I wouldn't have a clue how to do this?

I don't think as fans we should care about if it is or isn't all that well at the club. It's just an excuse for poor performances, the players are just not hungry enough anymore and we are young that is all.

Buckley and Malthouse never got along did Buckley go out there and play like crap, not chase or tackle because he didn't like the coach. Like I said in my previous post, players and coaches all want to do well in what they do, there is more to playing for Collingwood than whether you get along with the coach or not.

It's obviously true there are players that don't like Buckley, big deal! These guys are professionals. I don't like my boss, I still work for him though and work to the best of my abilities because I want to get the most out of myself and feel good about being good at what I am doing.

This has been an excuse for 3 years now and in 2 of the last three years we have started the season of at 8-3 so if it's that bad why are the players winning. If I hated my coach that much that it was so bad I would leave or I would play like **** all year and not start off the season in hot form.

Without ever being involved at an AFL club, I am confident enough to promise you that all is not well at every single AFL club. There are players at every club that either hate a team mate or the coach but they are grown men and they do what they are paid to do and repay the club the faith they showed in turning them from no one to someone in life. If we had players who acted like children and played bad on purpose because they don't like the coach, well use the door and don't walk back in to the club.

First time poster and I have information relevant to this topic that is eating me up.

Unfortunately if something is bugging me and it is effects the club l love then it

I would like to share the information with Scodog10 and the administrator 76woodenspooners
in private to get some advise. Is it possible to have a chat in private on here as it is my first post
76woodenspooners Scodog10

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've heard from several sources that the players just aren't hungry enough. The proof is in those video posts that are done by the players..... in almost all of them, the players are eating. No wonder they're not hungry. Athletes need to keep their calories up but this is ridiculous..

It IS more than not knowing. It's a question of whether the club wants him to play again next year.... because he is losing his capability to play at the highest level because of his declining physical standards and his problems with injury. Nathan Buckley, who is the coach, referred to these factors in a press conference a week or two ago. Buckley does these press conferences regularly to inform Collingwood supporters what is happening at the club. I'm sure if you do a search you will find these videos. If you watch these conferences, your understanding will be enhanced. By retaining him on the list, the club might have to drop a younger player or NOT draft another younger player. Do you understand this? Try to get an understanding of the draft and club lists, and how clubs have to make these judgment calls. If you manage to do this, you're enjoyment of the non-playing aspects of AFL will be enhanced. Good luck.
Is this your first serious post on this forum? I like it!!

You mean like Rich supporters and administators, with the coaching merry go round that has bought NO success.

Yes thats what we need - ah ah nah
No I don't mean anything like that at all. Members have no say and should have no say in coaching appointments.

Well, you've sent your pm, received a reply perhaps? Gonna say anything?

Guys I wouldn't be panicking too much here, a quick perusal of your injury list and no team ever could cover the losses the Pies are currently suffering. Next year replace Lynch with a decent tall forward and you back in the top 4 IMO, won't take much with a fit list either way.

Haven't you realised our board isn't the place for common sense?!

Hi guy, new to the forum and big pies fan, in regards to rumours I had a mate attend the pies carlton game second time
around and he's a carlscum supporter and mention he was talking to didak and didak mention that he cant stand bucks
and the dids was going for carlton that night and as for swan also heard froma source a while back that swanny mention
if he was 2 to 3 years younger he would of left as well. I think bucks needs to stop thinking that everyone needs to replicate
him and I think he really needs to change for next year cause it aint working.

Haha of course Dids is a bit dirty on Bucks. He told him how it was and what everyone except Dids couldn't admit. His body was shot. I loved Dids as a player but if what you said is true he needs to grow up.

Collingwood sells papers! They make s**t up to get a headline.

I made the mistake of reading the Tigers wankfest article written by the tigers supporter himself, Jon Ralph. What a massive flog he is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back