PC Hearthstone

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems a bit easy; hoping the next few wings get progressively harder. Good to see some new content and new cards though! :D

Heroic mode is kicking my ass...

Should we throw some ideas around here? I know some people don't want 'spoilers' so to speak, although I'm sure there are lots of ways around it.

Anub I 1-shot with Handlock, I found that matchup quite easy.

Faerlina was hilarious! I made a Priest deck that worked, but it was so close and probably could've gone either way depending how the AI decided to attack. I used a Divine Spirit/Innerfire deck to drop cards quickly so the ability wasn't wrecking me.

Maexxna was the hardest by far and took 5-6 shots before I managed it with a Hunter deck. It's all about clearing their board and getting their cards in hand down, so you can just drop minions every turn. Won with 1 life and 0 cards in my deck :eek:. UTH with Explosive Trap seemed to help early on, you can take as much damage as you like turns 1-5 but after that the bleeding needs to stop ASAP. On the surface this one looked nearly impossible though.

Should we throw some ideas around here? I know some people don't want 'spoilers' so to speak, although I'm sure there are lots of ways around it.

Anub I 1-shot with Handlock, I found that matchup quite easy.

Faerlina was hilarious! I made a Priest deck that worked, but it was so close and probably could've gone either way depending how the AI decided to attack. I used a Divine Spirit/Innerfire deck to drop cards quickly so the ability wasn't wrecking me.

Maexxna was the hardest by far and took 5-6 shots before I managed it with a Hunter deck. It's all about clearing their board and getting their cards in hand down, so you can just drop minions every turn. Won with 1 life and 0 cards in my deck :eek:. UTH with Explosive Trap seemed to help early on, you can take as much damage as you like turns 1-5 but after that the bleeding needs to stop ASAP. On the surface this one looked nearly impossible though.

I found Anub to be overly reliant on mulligan, if you don't have a good start you simply can't keep pace. Handlock was too slow for me. Ended up beating him and Faerlina with Lightwells, the AI just lets them sit there so you can remain relatively safe while waiting to draw DS/IF.

Maexxna... Haven't figured out just yet. Honestly feel the only way to beat it is probably to cheese the AI and use cards with battlecry against the hero power. From what I've observed it seems to automatically use the hero power at the start of every turn.

Played the first boss last night.

Shadow priest deck was very handy, just kept the board clear with hero power, and just kept playing minions, had ridiculous card draw due to cleric activating everytime their gargoyles heal.

Played the first boss last night.

Shadow priest deck was very handy, just kept the board clear with hero power, and just kept playing minions, had ridiculous card draw due to cleric activating everytime their gargoyles heal.

I don't think anyone is having trouble on normal mode :p

I reckon for heroic freeze Mage would do well, but I don't have an Alex

haha yeah its not exactly hard, but it was fun coming back having not played in ages and being able to do well with a fun deck. Ill play the rest tonight and give heroic a go.

I thought about that, but figured them having 45 health meant you can't burn them down like you can normal opponents. Long wait now until Week 2 though. I also had a game with someone using the new Naxx cards already, that was pretty cool. Only adjustments I made was putting some Nerubian Eggs in a Zoolock deck and giving that a spin.

I thought about that, but figured them having 45 health meant you can't burn them down like you can normal opponents. Long wait now until Week 2 though. I also had a game with someone using the new Naxx cards already, that was pretty cool. Only adjustments I made was putting some Nerubian Eggs in a Zoolock deck and giving that a spin.

Them having 45 health is what makes freeze so good, Alex basically does 30 damage.

Ah sorry I thought you meant without Alex. It's doable to play if you don't have him normally, but probably not against them. Only drawback might be how quickly you get destroyed by Faerlina racking cards up, (and inability to Alex/Ice Block on turn 9) but I'd love to see it done.

On a side note, it's a shame there's no other way to get the golden cards. I suppose it makes sense from Blizzards perspective and financially it's better for them, but I'll have to finish the first set off before getting any golden cards from Naxx :(

First heroic boss I used normal free mage
Second heroic boss i used murloc priest
Third heroic boss I used an altered free mage with earthen farseer, elven archers, voodoo doctors and killed him with leeroy. Can stall for four round + rounds with your secrets and keeping his board to 1/1 minions.

First heroic boss I used normal free mage
Second heroic boss i used murloc priest
Third heroic boss I used an altered free mage with earthen farseer, elven archers, voodoo doctors and killed him with leeroy. Can stall for four round + rounds with your secrets and keeping his board to 1/1 minions.

Yeah the heal battlecry against Maexxna is easy but oh so cheese.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Them feels when you get 3 legendaries in 20 packs and they're all the same f*cking one!

Satisfying

TVWFscb.jpg

The mass dispel was his as well.

Yeah I've kept playing all this time. GvG is going to be great. The meta isn't too horrible at the moment but will be ace for a bunch of new decks to spawn

Undertaker finally getting nerfed, those who exited due to the Hunter scourge can come back now! :p

Dr Boom still yet to be hit, though it's a matter of time. May as well use him in the meanwhile.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back