Traded Heath Shaw for Taylor Adams

Remove this Banner Ad

Think Pies have done well here. Sure they paid to get rid of Shaw but the toxicity around the club that is now gone must be worth the $$, and they get Adams to help cover loss of Daisy. And they have #6 as well.

Probably the best front office moves this season.

Go Catters

Just providing the truth in a maze of untruths.
For the sake of truth why don't you own up to who you really support? Good to have three picks inside top 20 huh?

Buckley wants to clean house and another of the old hands goes for a good young prospect. Collingwood are showing the Saints how to rebuild a club without bottoming out.

Never said that I said he is worth 25-30 which is correct.
Lol, former pick 13 with 2 years development, who has outperformed most of the higher picks from his draft year, with leadership potential... Worth between pick 10 and 15 easily!

Woohoo! We are killing it this trade period!

How to replenish without bottoming out-

Lose a star who didn't play the year (Daisy) and turn the compo into 6th pick.

Use a third round pick to grab a very specific role player (Jesse White).

Trade a very good player who's not good for the club/culture/whatever for a young midfielder with star potential.

Very pleased :D

Perfect swap. Heater will always be remembered as a premiership player at the pies, and the smother is etched in near the top of the list of great club moments.Yeah so we pay some of his salary, but big whoop, Ed will probably cover that personally.

In comes young Adams, always nice to have young players come in that wanted to be traded to our club. likewise with White, who goes up forward with Clokey.

Add to that picks 6 & 10 for a team that finished 6th after H&A as well as getting better compo for daisy than the hawks got for buddy and we are looking at "winning" another trade/draft period albeit with some luck courtesy Essendon missing picks and Carlton pinching a finals berth and win.
It's luck we need though with some big names departing regardless of their future potential.
In 12 months:

Wellingham
Davis
Johnson
Didak
Krakoer
Jolly
Shaw
Thomas
If you had have told me after the 2010 GF those would all be gone from the club in 3 years I wouldn't have believed it. Shows how fast clubs move on though.
But other "virtual"new recruits next year include Fasolo, Young, and Toovey. Don't underestimate the impact of potential full seasons out of Beams and Goldsack either.

Collingwood proving to be the best traders couple of years running. Not sure if Buckley is the best coach, but he's managed to really overhaul the list with some quality players and picks. Have done very well
I can tell you 100% Buckley is not the best coach..It is Al Clarkson currently :)

Actually think this is a win-win deal. Shaw is easily worth a first rounder, Adams is the same, fair swap of players.

A player on the decline who has maybe 3 semi-decent years left for someone who is making a serious name for himself and has at least 8 solid years left.... win-win? pfffft please....

To a team in a premiership window shaw would be worth a 1st no doubt, but to a team that simply wants to become competitive they lose Adams and Gain shaw so to me they have made zero ground in a sense.

Collingwood certainly got the better end of this trade and again having great back to back trade periods

A player on the decline who has maybe 3 semi-decent years left for someone who is making a serious name for himself and has at least 8 solid years left.... win-win? pfffft please....

To a team in a premiership window shaw would be worth a 1st no doubt, but to a team that simply wants to become competitive they lose Adams and Gain shaw so to me they have made zero ground in a sense.

Collingwood certainly got the better end of this trade and again having great back to back trade periods
I think some of Shaw's value to GWS is off-filed as well. They are clearly struggling to sign up big names as Gold Coast did a few years ago. So this helps in a small way to help their credibility.
Shaw also brings much needed experience to assist all the youngsters around him.

With Collingwood paying part of his wage next year makes it a little sweeter than perhaps of being too in our favour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perfect swap. Heater will always be remembered as a premiership player at the pies, and the smother is etched in near the top of the list of great club moments.Yeah so we pay some of his salary, but big whoop, Ed will probably cover that personally.

In comes young Adams, always nice to have young players come in that wanted to be traded to our club. likewise with White, who goes up forward with Clokey.

Add to that picks 6 & 10 for a team that finished 6th after H&A as well as getting better compo for daisy than the hawks got for buddy and we are looking at "winning" another trade/draft period albeit with some luck courtesy Essendon missing picks and Carlton pinching a finals berth and win.
It's luck we need though with some big names departing regardless of their future potential.
In 12 months:

Wellingham
Davis
Johnson
Didak
Krakoer
Jolly
Shaw
Thomas
If you had have told me after the 2010 GF those would all be gone from the club in 3 years I wouldn't have believed it. Shows how fast clubs move on though.
But other "virtual"new recruits next year include Fasolo, Young, and Toovey. Don't underestimate the impact of potential full seasons out of Beams and Goldsack either.

Do the same thing with the St Kilda team of 2010, it speaks volumes about Hine.

I think some of Shaw's value to GWS is off-filed as well. They are clearly struggling to sign up big names as Gold Coast did a few years ago. So this helps in a small way to help their credibility.
Shaw also brings much needed experience to assist all the youngsters around him.

With Collingwood paying part of his wage next year makes it a little sweeter than perhaps of being too in our favour.

Im eager to see how he handles himself when the goals come flowing through at a rate of knots, spitting the dummy and pointing the finger at these youngsters like he does at collingwood will go along way to getting him little respect from the playing group.

anyway trade is done so time will tell... still a big win for the pies in my eye.

i think lost in this is the fact Adams wanted to leave and come to Melbourne.
I imagine GWS looked at Shaw and rated him the best they could get.

Its not as if they've given up Adams without needing to.
Could they have got more out of Collingwood? Maybe, but with the Pies not desperate to offload Shaw and Adams wanted to go, i think GWS have done as well as they could have out of this.

A massive win by the Pies. Unloading a toxic older player for a potential young gun was masterful.
Very impressed with the Pies brains trust.
Cannot for the life of me imagine why GWS recruited Shaw. Good player but hardly a role model for the youngsters.

So Collingwood are paying some of Shaws contract however?

Does that count against their salary cap or the Giants?

How much of the salary are they paying?

Can't speak for how much, but it'll come out of Collingwood's cap. We've got a ton of space at the moment, so I'd say after a few bonus payments for our guns who took pay cuts there's space left to grease some palms at GWS. Can't see why they need it though, plenty of handouts/cap space up there anyway.

Correct Shaw gets roughly the same Compo as a free agent like Dal Santo or Sylvia as Adams would go between 23-30.
lol...
A pick 13 from 2 years ago, having put up elite numbers for a 1st/2nd year player... worth a mid-late 2nd rounder :rolleyes:
Your trolling is bad and you should feel bad.

Can't speak for how much, but it'll come out of Collingwood's cap. We've got a ton of space at the moment, so I'd say after a few bonus payments for our guns who took pay cuts there's space left to grease some palms at GWS. Can't see why they need it though, plenty of handouts/cap space up there anyway.

the payment next year is just face-saving token amount for the GWS. (as if they need it with their player demographic and additonal cap space.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back