Traded Heath Shaw for Taylor Adams

Remove this Banner Ad

Crameri for 26?

That wasn't that obvious as we had no idea what comp picks were going to be put forward, and furthermore, initially at least EFC had to at least try and get more than that. Now, we should deal (with a 3rd round/4th round upgrade)

StKildas 2010 team was built five years before Collingwoods hardly comparable. Try again.

I'll agree to disagree and leave it at that.

I'll agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Considering we didnt bottom out for ten years I think we had a fair crack at it. Remembering we havent got third party deals like others have.

Considering we didnt bottom out for ten years I think we had a fair crack at it. Remembering we havent got third party deals like others have.
What does this thread have to do with the Saints? What is your facination with Colimgwood? Or to put it another way, derailing Collingwood threads?

And even then the rapid bottoming out was due to sacking a great coach and replacing him with a clueless one. From the early 90s to 2010 St. Kilda have done well to maintain their list.

What does this thread have to do with the Saints? What is your facination with Colimgwood? Or to put it another way, derailing Collingwood threads?

I was responding to a poor post by a North supporter. Carry on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we would have gave pick 10 or 11 for Adams if Shaw wasn't involved, Adams was a high draft pick and some believe he's in the top 5 performers from his draft (albeit he's had more opportunities than most), personally I don't think he's set the world on fire but his currency certainly hasn't dropped, now he has 2 years under his belt I think pick 10 was about right.

Pies did well with this trade, but GWS didnt get reemed by any means, they got the hard experienced body they wanted and we got the kid with potential.

I think we would have gave pick 10 or 11 for Adams if Shaw wasn't involved, Adams was a high draft pick and some believe he's in the top 5 performers from his draft (albeit he's had more opportunities than most), personally I don't think he's set the world on fire but his currency certainly hasn't dropped, now he has 2 years under his belt I think pick 10 was about right.

Pies did well with this trade, but GWS didnt get reemed by any means, they got the hard experienced body they wanted and we got the kid with potential.

This, people have to realise that GWS gained a quality, known A-grader. Collingwood picked up a kid with great potential, worthy of a top ten pick, but he may never be as good as Shaw is.

Collingwood have traded extremely well the past couple of years.
They are remaining competitive, whilst setting the foundations for the next decade.

Their past couple of years, it's the most astute list management I've seen in a long time.
If St Kilda had've had such a long term plan after 2011, they wouldn't be in such a shambles.

Massive trading this year by Collingwood getting a midfielder with 10 years ahead of him for a back flanker at the end of his career with a bad attitude, Magnificent work. The future is looking pretty good for the Pies! ......Bugger.

StKildas 2010 team was built five years before Collingwoods hardly comparable. Try again.
But you were cooked when Ross Lyon said you were, so he bailed. If you'd have traded Dal santo and Montagna etc back then, you'd have received similar value to what Shaw netted us.

But you rolled the dice and came up SNAKE EYES!

A player on the decline who has maybe 3 semi-decent years left for someone who is making a serious name for himself and has at least 8 solid years left.... win-win? pfffft please....

To a team in a premiership window shaw would be worth a 1st no doubt, but to a team that simply wants to become competitive they lose Adams and Gain shaw so to me they have made zero ground in a sense.

Collingwood certainly got the better end of this trade and again having great back to back trade periods

not so sure about this. If Adams fulfills his potential it will be a great deal for the Pies but the key word is IF.
Shaw won't improve but GWS know what they are going to get and injuries permitting, he will help their development, just like Mumford will.
Irrespective if Shaw's contract is on the high side - reality is that GWS need to attract quality players to help their future. Shaw and Mumford are unlikely to win a flag at the Giants but they are being paid more (while the cap allows it) to help develop that team's future premiership stars.

Coll are paying $75 k each year of his contract in 2014 & 2015.

Wonder if GWS asked for that to save face?

Let's not forget that if Buddy had ended up at the Giants, the chase for Shaw may never have happened. Demand for Shaw may have been lower and we concievably would've been faced with a choice of Shaw for Geelong's pick 15 or a player from Essendon.

For all the screaming about the Swans COLA, the Pies have managed to turn it into a positive. Nice one Hine!

I will take the contrary view. Adams can play but is an average kick, and he is joining a club where foot skills are an issue. Think Dom Tyson would have been a better fit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back