Heathcote DFL 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

What the hell is going on at Elmore??
Seen the second half of the game against North yesterday and apart from 2 or 3 who were having a dip, Elmore were woeful.

its taken 12 months but can we now call Huntly a GENUINE premiership threat after winning yesterday? Locky havent been beaten by many full stop over the last 12 months and didnt look like had many excuses ( apart from poor kicking - which isnt an excuse)
I still think Semmell for Huntly is the best mid fielder playing in the HDFL. Not sure he wasnt injured or had a nagging injury last year as have seen him individually tear up some very good GV players in the past and has started this year as I expected him to last year with 2 x BOG's.

What the hell is going on at Elmore??
Seen the second half of the game against North yesterday and apart from 2 or 3 who were having a dip, Elmore were woeful.

Havent got much of a list and are mid table at best. Not sure recruiting this year was a strong point but have lost a few to other sides.
What is Ryan Hayes doing? Havent sighted his name yet.

Last point any great interest in Spider Everitt playing yesterday? North might do better to just keep their team playing consistently week to week or was last night a fundraiser and dare I say a raffle?

Havent got much of a list and are mid table at best. Not sure recruiting this year was a strong point but have lost a few to other sides.

Last point any great interest in Spider Everitt playing yesterday? North might do better to just keep their team playing consistently week to week or was last night a fundraiser and dare I say a raffle?

With his brother a surprise winner of that raffle :D

Very interesting to watch Spider. Knew exactly where the ball should be going next.
I only seen the second half, but he was constantly encouraging the younger North players.
His placement of the ball when in the ruck was superb. He went into the middle for a bounce and spoke to Josh Gitsham, got him to move around another 45 degrees and indicated he was going to put it forward of him. Was spot on to where he said and Gitsham was away. I think he well and truely "earned" his spot.
Appeared to be a big crowd so one would think it was a successful exercise for the Kennel.

Very interesting to watch Spider. Knew exactly where the ball should be going next.
I only seen the second half, but he was constantly encouraging the younger North players.
His placement of the ball when in the ruck was superb. He went into the middle for a bounce and spoke to Josh Gitsham, got him to move around another 45 degrees and indicated he was going to put it forward of him. Was spot on to where he said and Gitsham was away. I think he well and truely "earned" his spot.
Appeared to be a big crowd so one would think it was a successful exercise for the Kennel.

is that the cameo appearance or is Everitt likely to play a few games this year? Dont doubt he can ruck as one of the better tap ruckman to have played in the last 20 years.

is that the cameo appearance or is Everitt likely to play a few games this year? Dont doubt he can ruck as one of the better tap ruckman to have played in the last 20 years.

Only meant to be playing the one game for North. Heard varying amounts of what it cost to have him play, but by all accounts it was well and truly covered by increased gate takings, grog sales and sportsman's night.
Be interesting to see if he plays somewhere else.

See Leitchville beat Huntly by 6 goals. Bit of a turnaround from last week for Huntly where they knocked over the reigning premier Locky. Anyone see the game?
How did Shadbolt go?

See Leitchville beat Huntly by 6 goals. Bit of a turnaround from last week for Huntly where they knocked over the reigning premier Locky. Anyone see the game?
How did Shadbolt go?

Didn't see it but great to see the competition evening out a tad. Went and watched Hills v Mounts today, Good game, Reckon Mounts would be near unbeatable if they could drop a couple of hundred kilo's

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't see it but great to see the competition evening out a tad. Went and watched Hills v Mounts today, Good game, Reckon Mounts would be near unbeatable if they could drop a couple of hundred kilo's

Circumstance dictates that I again this season have to watch more Heathcote League. In particular North, White Hills and Huntly as they are based in town.
Reading the predictions on here and reading the papers about who will finish where this season had me thinking that Huntly and North would be top 2-3 and White Hills bottom 2. Having watched all 3 play so far, I would have to say thus far North would be the disappointment, Huntly about where expected, with a reality check on the weekend and White Hills a real surprise.
My question to you Fantom, what has brought about the improved form? The recruits, The new coach, changes on the committee or maybe so departures??

My question to you Fantom, what has brought about the improved form? The recruits, The new coach, changes on the committee or maybe so departures??

Good question! I don't think the committee has changed that much, just a few seats shuffled so impact there should be minimal. Lost a few quality players in Bowles, Ford and Rogers and would certainly be a better side with their presence. The club has certainly recruited well, the new blokes appear to fit in and are certainly enjoying themselves. The club is the tallest I've seen it in my short time as a supporter, which definately gives a coach greater option. The existing player group seems to be reinvigorated under the new coach with a lot of last years reserves players getting regular game time in the one's and proving their worth. Spoke to a few Mounts supporters in the last few days and they were of the same opinion as I, not fit enough and out coached! Just my two cents.
Fantom :thumbsu:

Seems the old HDFL thread is just hanging on for dear life. Bit of talk over on the KDFL thread about a few possible returns to Violet Town from Leitchville.

Seems the old HDFL thread is just hanging on for dear life. Bit of talk over on the KDFL thread about a few possible returns to Violet Town from Leitchville.

As I have previously said, I only get to watch White Hills, North and Huntly games. On what I seen last week when White Hills played Leitchville, I would say they are paying way over the reported odds for those players recruited from Violet Town. Leitchville appear to have some very good young players whom I believe are mostly local. Appeared that several of their recruits play as individuals.

And the O'Connells leaving Huntly! What's going on there?
. Where have the actually gone to?

Welcome down at Kilmore :D In fact anyone travelling from Melbourne and finding it a bit tough or had their situation change, I'm looking for a few mature aged (and bodied) to surround a keen bunch of kids with for the last 7-8 weeks of the year. We are winless but they're trying their Ar$es off, 3 weeks ago we fielded 14 players aged 16-20, would love 1-2 (or more) grown men to throw around them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back