Heathcote District FL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
May aswell put mount pleasants name on the cup going by the posts in this forum, going to be a loud pop when the bubble burst round 1 against leetchy

May aswell put mount pleasants name on the cup going by the posts in this forum, going to be a loud pop when the bubble burst round 1 against leetchy

I'm not sure how good this league is but the Parkside boys are from WRFL div2. Yes they did win the GF but interested to see how they go. Someone like Simon Seddon would be way better than any of these Parkside recruits..

I'm not sure how good this league is but the Parkside boys are from WRFL div2. Yes they did win the GF but interested to see how they go. Someone like Simon Seddon would be way better than any of these Parkside recruits..
Simon Seddon plus the Parkside blokes are great recruits for Mts, they will be a better side than they were lastyear that's for sure

Funnily enough Turbo, on face value you appear to be correct. But on reflection, if you dig a bit deeper, you'll see that most of those guys have actually played a much higher standard of Footy than Div 2 WRFL.

Not saying that they are world beaters by any stretch. But one of them only two years ago kicked 40 odd goals in the GV league. Another just one a comp medal and has played A grade EDFL. Another two have played 50 odd Senior games at VAFA A grade and WRFL A grade and EDFL A grade all within the last 3 to 4 years. So when you drill down a little deeper, I think you'll find that some of not most actually have more ability than a " Div 2 WRFL player" what do you think mate?

Funnily enough Turbo, on face value you appear to be correct. But on reflection, if you dig a bit deeper, you'll see that most of those guys have actually played a much higher standard of Footy than Div 2 WRFL.

Not saying that they are world beaters by any stretch. But one of them only two years ago kicked 40 odd goals in the GV league. Another just one a comp medal and has played A grade EDFL. Another two have played 50 odd Senior games at VAFA A grade and WRFL A grade and EDFL A grade all within the last 3 to 4 years. So when you drill down a little deeper, I think you'll find that some of not most actually have more ability than a " Div 2 WRFL player" what do you think mate?

And word around the traps is that they've committed to staying 2 years :)

All good Melon,
Your done a bit of research here mate. I wasn't saying anything negative against the players as such, but interested to see how they go, as the WRFL league is not as strong as it was maybe 10-15 years ago. The standard of WRFL div2 is not that strong with some clubs competitive and a few that are less competitive and therefore big margins occur.
Was also saying Simon is your gun recruit ( as my EDFL club tried to get him across the line just before Mt come in) as he has the runs on the board and usually plays at a high standard league like the GVFL & AFLQ.
I also like the idea of recruiting of a number of players that are close like these Parkside guys.

Wish them well..

Your point is again valid Turbo.

Respect your opinions on BF immensely, you are always incredibly well informed.

Your right, Simon has the ability to tear the Comp apart if all goes to plan.

The point I was making RE: Parkside players, is the common misconception that due to the fact last year they played B grade WRFL that they won't have as much impact as some of the bigger name recruits around the Comp. I watched all 7 play last year and can safely say they should have been playing a much higher level. Which inevitably they all have. If they gel with the rest of Mounts players and coaches, who knows how much they could add?

Looking at the clearances now. Would not be getting too excited mounts. Looks like being a top heavy side Couple players listed have played at about 15 clubs between them. Hopefully they stick around for more than a year. Looks like they have left that club on their knees and a big chance to fold from what I have read.

Looking at the clearances now. Would not be getting too excited mounts. Looks like being a top heavy side Couple players listed have played at about 15 clubs between them. Hopefully they stick around for more than a year. Looks like they have left that club on their knees and a big chance to fold from what I have read.

You have a point Nothingtofear.

For the most part the consensus on the forum is that it's the players fault for leaving.

I'm actually a Parkside supporter and spent a lot of time at the club with these lads during the success last year.

In no way shape or form did any of the 7 players contribute to the slide of the Parkside Football Club, in fact it was the contrary, every single one of the 7 headed to Pleasant actually resigned in October for a crack at Div 1. (hardly leaving a club on there knees). They were informed the club due to lack of players committee and other resources would either compete in Div 3 or the club would fold.

Now as a player- bare in mind it's also Feb by this stage.. And you wanted to play at a higher Level than Div 3 or in fact Play at all in Season 2015. Don't you think they did the right thing by moving on? I actually think it's great to see them all stick together after last years success.

Mounts have basically got 7 of the top 9 in last years Parkside BnF.

Just clarifying your point that the players walked out on the Football Club, is completely not true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have a point Nothingtofear.

For the most part the consensus on the forum is that it's the players fault for leaving.

I'm actually a Parkside supporter and spent a lot of time at the club with these lads during the success last year.

In no way shape or form did any of the 7 players contribute to the slide of the Parkside Football Club, in fact it was the contrary, every single one of the 7 headed to Pleasant actually resigned in October for a crack at Div 1. (hardly leaving a club on there knees). They were informed the club due to lack of players committee and other resources would either compete in Div 3 or the club would fold.

Now as a player- bare in mind it's also Feb by this stage.. And you wanted to play at a higher Level than Div 3 or in fact Play at all in Season 2015. Don't you think they did the right thing by moving on? I actually think it's great to see them all stick together after last years success.

Mounts have basically got 7 of the top 9 in last years Parkside BnF.

Just clarifying your point that the players walked out on the Football Club, is completely not true.
How would you rate Aaron McHutcheson from Parkside that has gone to Elmore

Any word on how luke edmondson and shannon milward are travelling at mt pleasent????? Surely edmondson will be the best player in the comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back