Heathcote District FL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
wouldnt read much into it. Heard north had 3 of there running mids out with another 3 possibly 4 to come back into their starting line up! Leitchville did look sharp and quick today though didnt they? They will def be there at the business end

I didn't really give them much chance but that was a solid win. Had 13 more scoring shots. They seem to be a running side LG so that's a good win on a small ground. Both sides had atleast 3 starting 18 players out so I think it still gives a good indication of where both teams are at. Huntley and colbo would be the next 2 teams in contention but they are a fair way off I reckon. White hills will probably round out the 5 with mounts and Elmore missing out but both on there day could possibly cause an upset.

Who were
I didn't really give them much chance but that was a solid win. Had 13 more scoring shots. They seem to be a running side LG so that's a good win on a small ground. Both sides had atleast 3 starting 18 players out so I think it still gives a good indication of where both teams are at. Huntley and colbo would be the next 2 teams in contention but they are a fair way off I reckon. White hills will probably round out the 5 with mounts and Elmore missing out but both on there day could possibly cause an upset.
leitchville missing from the weekend?

LG already making a place to put the cup, think their over the line!

LG already making a place to put the cup, think their over the line!

I think North already had it engraved! A long way to go going to be another great finals series id say and especially if Weeks can get firing against the good teams as well to bring Colbo up to speed. Hillies have done a good job to recover as well after only kicking 3 goals in the first game against Colbo and now look on track to play finals again.

2 handy outs. Seen Hancock against locky early in the year and boy can he take a grab.

Where's my ball not a fan of LG by the looks of his posts. Good to see its not a one horse race it's good for the comp. North still favourite for mine but it has the potential to be a cracking finals series In a few months.... Colbo the smokey if they can get going.

Elmore and Huntly was a good game on the weekend. It looked like Elmore were going to overrun them in the last quarter, but Huntly steadied despite 17 men on the field.

It was interesting watching Huntly play, they had a very tall forward line, and something they may need to think about come finals time with forward pressue.

For elmore, the half back flanker, left footer daly again was terrific and played really well, but as it seems is the problem for Elmore they have no key big targets at half forward to present for the transition kick to get it down to brewster. Mills and Gleeson played well and gave targets and fight for the bloods, along with Makepeace the assistant coach. Will be interesting second half of year for the bloods, can they sneak a few wins and push for finals?

For Huntly, they now need to work to challenge north bendigo and lietchy. Semmell will need to fire in finals, and was very good on the weekend. strong around the ball, and smart in the forward 50, ably supported by Fiske and Gleeson. Dickens ran well all day and alwasy seemed to have space.

Thoughts on the upset of the round?

What does everyone think for second half of the year?

Elmore and Huntly was a good game on the weekend. It looked like Elmore were going to overrun them in the last quarter, but Huntly steadied despite 17 men on the field.

It was interesting watching Huntly play, they had a very tall forward line, and something they may need to think about come finals time with forward pressue.

For elmore, the half back flanker, left footer daly again was terrific and played really well, but as it seems is the problem for Elmore they have no key big targets at half forward to present for the transition kick to get it down to brewster. Mills and Gleeson played well and gave targets and fight for the bloods, along with Makepeace the assistant coach. Will be interesting second half of year for the bloods, can they sneak a few wins and push for finals?

For Huntly, they now need to work to challenge north bendigo and lietchy. Semmell will need to fire in finals, and was very good on the weekend. strong around the ball, and smart in the forward 50, ably supported by Fiske and Gleeson. Dickens ran well all day and alwasy seemed to have space.

Thoughts on the upset of the round?

What does everyone think for second half of the year?

Everyone expects Colbo to be better than they are at present but unless they move the ball quickly and have a 2nd scoring option next to Weeks they wont bother the finals too much. Colbo Win the ball around the ground and through the centre but also turn it over easily and some of the midfielders are professionals in not being able to hit a target on the run. I think they would be better if they just played run and gun footy and just tried to outwork the opposition but they are trying to slow it and kick it sideways which is always going to be an issue with a side with sub standard skills. Quick movement and positive movement forward will only help. Weeks has 2 players on him every time the ball comes in but they need to have some of the small forwards in a dangerous position close to goal to hurt opposition players peeling off to go 2nd up in the contest with Weeks. Colbo at present is too predictable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone expects Colbo to be better than they are at present but unless they move the ball quickly and have a 2nd scoring option next to Weeks they wont bother the finals too much. Colbo Win the ball around the ground and through the centre but also turn it over easily and some of the midfielders are professionals in not being able to hit a target on the run. I think they would be better if they just played run and gun footy and just tried to outwork the opposition but they are trying to slow it and kick it sideways which is always going to be an issue with a side with sub standard skills. Quick movement and positive movement forward will only help. Weeks has 2 players on him every time the ball comes in but they need to have some of the small forwards in a dangerous position close to goal to hurt opposition players peeling off to go 2nd up in the contest with Weeks. Colbo at present is too predictable.

Spot on mate. Same at Rochy last two years. Bet he wouldn't mind being on the end of Rochy this year.

Heard there will be a big in for north this week though! Will keep everyone on there feet! Not giving anything away for the boys though!

So your post means what exactly ...? Someone maybe ... Not telling us who ... Are they coming?

Why bother posting about nothing?

So your post means what exactly ...? Someone maybe ... Not telling us who ... Are they coming?

Why bother posting about nothing?
Works out there was a change in foremans at his work thereforebthe new foreman not allowing saturdays off work for him! Therefore he wont get the required games in to play finals now! That nsme was sipthorp! But wont be playing

h
Works out there was a change in foremans at his work thereforebthe new foreman not allowing saturdays off work for him! Therefore he wont get the required games in to play finals now! That nsme was sipthorp! But wont be playing
Heard from the horses mouth yesterday that Kelm will back next week a big in for Zooland

Seems to be a race in 3 for the Flag Retired who is the best side the Bloods have played?

Sounds like Tim Lincoln at Leitchy has smashed it and would be a medal chance.

Whats the top few in the goal kicking table at the moment? Weeks? Barnes? Grigg?
Leitchy are the best side the Bloods have played, Lincoln, Semmell, Bongiovanni are medal chances and Weeksy should win Goalkicking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back