Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huntly of old!
after some promising showings this is where huntlys season will end. blokes will stop training, start talking about where they are going next year and there after match functions will be a rabble. yes they have been competitive but we have been saying that the last 6years. "winning is just not one thing its the only thing" good performance by the colbo boys, sam hill 10 goals. The kid can play! elmore vs colbo looking to be a corker. colbo may have more depth though. doona's boys getting closer to a win, north and huntly not to far off. Heathcote once again show how they can flog the easy sides with no pressure and look good front runners but then once the pressure is applied the gaps appear. must be a mindset for the saints. Need to bring there "A" game every week and surely they would be on top of the ladder. :eek::eek::eek:

after some promising showings this is where huntlys season will end. blokes will stop training, start talking about where they are going next year and there after match functions will be a rabble. yes they have been competitive but we have been saying that the last 6years. "winning is just not one thing its the only thing" good performance by the colbo boys, sam hill 10 goals. The kid can play! elmore vs colbo looking to be a corker. colbo may have more depth though. doona's boys getting closer to a win, north and huntly not to far off. Heathcote once again show how they can flog the easy sides with no pressure and look good front runners but then once the pressure is applied the gaps appear. must be a mindset for the saints. Need to bring there "A" game every week and surely they would be on top of the ladder. :eek::eek::eek:

9 goals is 9 goals but it took the Bloods til 10 mins into the last term to shrug me boys off. Tayls got reported and sent off 5-10 mins into the 3rd which left us with 17 for the remainder - 10 minutes later we actually regained the lead then just trailed at the last break. When the best in the business have one extra on the park the game was always gunna free up but I said to my boys there was no disgrace in their performance yesterday - they proved to everyone at Harley Hammond Reserve that when they put their minds to it they are very capable.

Bluey was very encouraging, as were many of the Elmore folk towards our kids afterwards. Hayesy ended up with a bag of 7-8, and with most of our focus on Andy's influence Ian Kay got plenty of the ball. Cavallo was good prior to leaving the field - Kuhne, Perez and Bevan all look the goods. Also, hope Joey Cavallo pulled up ok, wasn't much in it (2 years ago she's play on) but one thing is for certain he sure is one tough little bugger :thumbsu:

Who do you align yourself with Doogey?

I would also like to know what club you are aligned to doogey. Because if it is Huntly, please don't attend any more of our games. Your negativity isn't required.

If you think this is the end of it all for Huntly, think again. It is a different feeling around the club in 2008. Heathcote played an awesome game of football yesterday, one of the most efficient and clinical I have seen and we were extremely disappointing, but I am sure all the players know that, and will be men enough to realise that they let themselves, the coach, the supporters and everyone at the club down. Many of the guys have a lot of improvement in them and I am sure it will show over the next month.

It was only one game though, and we still have enough talent in the side to win games of football. It is only round 5 and there are many games to go.

Go Hawks.

9 goals is 9 goals but it took the Bloods til 10 mins into the last term to shrug me boys off. Tayls got reported and sent off 5-10 mins into the 3rd which left us with 17 for the remainder - 10 minutes later we actually regained the lead then just trailed at the last break. When the best in the business have one extra on the park the game was always gunna free up but I said to my boys there was no disgrace in their performance yesterday - they proved to everyone at Harley Hammond Reserve that when they put their minds to it they are very capable.

Bluey was very encouraging, as were many of the Elmore folk towards our kids afterwards. Hayesy ended up with a bag of 7-8, and with most of our focus on Andy's influence Ian Kay got plenty of the ball. Cavallo was good prior to leaving the field - Kuhne, Perez and Bevan all look the goods. Also, hope Joey Cavallo pulled up ok, wasn't much in it (2 years ago she's play on) but one thing is for certain he sure is one tough little bugger :thumbsu:

What did Tayls do to go int the book???

Well Doona it was far from the 90 point margin and "blood bath" that was predicted in the local paper...

I honestly cant recall a M.Norton at my time at Tooleybuc but i did play a season at Neerim sth which is in the Warragul area and i think there was a Norton there then but maybe just coincidence.
That's OK Pinnacle, he's got a head on him you'd best forget anyway! Thought Roota might have been a bit harsh on you! You'll have to bag eight on him for that.:D

boys on bfl thread, otm, are saying that suspect with media links and vfl promotions duties may NOT be the 1 from anzac day night making statements about mounts, the maine and the flat
boys on there are saying forum posters better have another think
praps it will just die a natural death

9 goals is 9 goals but it took the Bloods til 10 mins into the last term to shrug me boys off. Tayls got reported and sent off 5-10 mins into the 3rd which left us with 17 for the remainder - 10 minutes later we actually regained the lead then just trailed at the last break. When the best in the business have one extra on the park the game was always gunna free up but I said to my boys there was no disgrace in their performance yesterday - they proved to everyone at Harley Hammond Reserve that when they put their minds to it they are

Could be wrong but I thought there was a new rule brought in a year or two ago that stated that when a player got sent off with a red card a different player could return after 30 mins bringing it back to 18 each on the field. If this was the case Broady could've had the full compliment on the park for most of the last quarter. The idea was I thought to punish the player sent off and to inconvenience his team but still give them a chance. Playing a half of football with one less player than the opposition makes your chances of winning very slim indeed.

Doogey has a number of different alias and resides in the BFL supporting the Flat.

Hey Conrad tell Tommy I did more work on the trip than what I would of at training. Unbogging buses and caving, awesome.

Also happy birthday to Bar Fridge for thursday, thank god we had the bye

nesko nesko nesko..... i heard a little story that you didnt have to work the other tuesday night. instead you had a visit to the broughy??? your on thin ice my boy. thats coming from tommy. so you can tell him yourself how hard yorve trained next time you see him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doogey has a number of different alias and resides in the BFL supporting the Flat.

Hey Conrad tell Tommy I did more work on the trip than what I would of at training. Unbogging buses and caving, awesome.

Also happy birthday to Bar Fridge for thursday, thank god we had the bye

nesko nesko nesko..... i heard a little story that you didnt have to work the other tuesday night. instead you had a visit to the broughy??? your on thin ice my boy. thats coming from tommy. so you can tell him yourself how hard yorve trained next time you see him.

Probably celebrating his new role as a Moderator, Conrad.:D

Also, hope Joey Cavallo pulled up ok, wasn't much in it (2 years ago she's play on) but one thing is for certain he sure is one tough little bugger :thumbsu:

Nothing in it roota, Just a good solid shirt front. Head was up, tails elbow and shoulder all tucked away maybe a free kick but certainly didnt warrant a red card.

Joe was actually knocked out for a short period of time and can't remember anything from then until 10 minutes to go in the last quarter. He hit him straight down the middle but he made contact with the head first.

i very muchly doubt that nesko, unless your still saw from planks and sprints.
training is like having a crank in the shower in the mourning, when it comes to the crunch(game day), you can always tell whos training.:D:D:D

Well Santoz,if you were the ump was it a report or play on????

Well any situation where a player forgoes the ball and charges an opponent and in doing so, makes contact with the head, should be reported whether he meant to make contact with the head (which I don't believe he did) or not.

Well any situation where a player forgoes the ball and charges an opponent and in doing so, makes contact with the head, should be reported whether he meant to make contact with the head (which I don't believe he did) or not.

Come on Santoz it was a contest with the ball in dispute and Joey arrived a step or two before John who was committed to winning the ball also so he never forwent the pill - had Tayls pulled out I guarantee he woulda been dragged :(

I would also like to know what club you are aligned to doogey. Because if it is Huntly, please don't attend any more of our games. Your negativity isn't required.

If you think this is the end of it all for Huntly, think again. It is a different feeling around the club in 2008. Heathcote played an awesome game of football yesterday, one of the most efficient and clinical I have seen and we were extremely disappointing, but I am sure all the players know that, and will be men enough to realise that they let themselves, the coach, the supporters and everyone at the club down. Many of the guys have a lot of improvement in them and I am sure it will show over the next month.

It was only one game though, and we still have enough talent in the side to win games of football. It is only round 5 and there are many games to go.

Go Hawks.
I am a Hdfl follower for the last 20 years not aligned to any one. do see a few huntly games and what you need to do mate is become a realist. close enough is good enough for huntly and its footy culture and club that it does'nt hurt enough to sink in when they lose. would like to see the club go somewhere. 'talent' does'nt mean much if they only play for themselves. there is know 'I' in team its about we what we can do as a group. Belief is something these boys needed to be told they can win they can suceed when they believe this as a group thats when this talent will unfold and this team will start winning.:thumbsu:

What's your opinion on McKerns 1/4 time tirade Santoz? I wasn't within earshot, so can only speculate on what was said, but I'd assume it wasn't complimentary. Any further follow up from the league on that front? Dare say there would of been a royal inquest had it been a Broadford player involved!

Also, can anyone clarify the rule that saw Tails sent from the ground for that duration? I was of the belief that it was either a 15 minute send off OR a red card (In which case the player could be replaced)? I didn't sight a coloured card at the time, I did see a couple of umps taking a record tho.

Also, can anyone clarify the rule that saw Tails sent from the ground for that duration? I was of the belief that it was either a 15 minute send off OR a red card (In which case the player could be replaced)? I didn't sight a coloured card at the time, I did see a couple of umps taking a record tho.

Was a red which meant he (Tayls) could be replaced after 30 minutes of actual playing time - which left 15-20 seconds :(

What's your opinion on McKerns 1/4 time tirade Santoz? I wasn't within earshot, so can only speculate on what was said, but I'd assume it wasn't complimentary. Any further follow up from the league on that front? Dare say there would of been a royal inquest had it been a Broadford player involved!

Yeah that was strange, I had no idea why he was removed :confused: luckily I got a chance to have a quick chat to Mack before the two's game - although I'm told after he was ejected from the reserve he may have actually snuck back in with a new kit on - smart move if ya did mate :thumbsu: as there's f**k all to do in Broadbean ona Satdy arvo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back