Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We might use this as a great games of Heathcote League thread.

There are a few that immediately spring to mind including the 2003 Grand Final between Colbinabbin and Broadford were both sides looked to have the game won and lost on multiple occasions.

The same season I'm pretty sure Broadford skun LBU after double extra times in the first semi at North Bendigo in attrocius conditions.
Have a think and post away boys should create a good read.

I remember heading out for a few cans to Huntly a couple of years ago with them playing Elmore and not expecting much of a game but they got up and rolled Elmore and the celebrations went off like wildfire. I'm sure Huntly people would remember it hasn't happened to often.

My favourites are both from the mid to late 90's, Rushy beat Mounts at Rushy for the 1st time in years, it was the 1st and only win i played in against the Blues, Greg Dax played a awesome last quarter for us, and Jeff Turpin broke my bloody thumb, he doesny mind kicking the ball off the ground, especially when a team mate has a hand on it!
Second fav game we actually lost, it was against Colbo, it had to be played on a sunday, because the creek had flooded the ground, well waiting a day didnt help, there were still a couple inches of water lying on the ground, well i think we kicked something like 2.4 to there 3.2 or something, awesome game, remember some bloke taking a ripping one hander in the goal square, but the conditions well unbelievable, i hope we get too see them again one day, i remember also, we used a brand new yellow footy each quarter, glory days!

mine has been taken,the semi at nth.lbu v broady. great game. went the wrong way in the end though;). so ill chuck in the 2003 u/17s granny. broady undefeated all year, rolled locky lads by 10goals in the first final. locky beat heathcote twice and got to the granny. kicked about 6goals in the 1st quarter. had the game won by the 3rd. absoloutley amazing effort by the fellas. went in with a great attitude and pulled off the biggest upset i have witnessed. the next year they played heathcote in the granny at elmore in the wet. i think the scoreline was about 2.6 to 0.4 at half time,heathcotes way. i think randall went to chf and got them back in the game setting up two goals. a player who shall be un named missed the winning goal from 15m out and the fellas subsequently lost by 2points. wasnt a great game at the time but looking back now it was and the boys wouldve learnt a lot.

but who cares about 3rds anyway. locky beat elmore at elmore in 2004 after they had been undefeated all season. was a great win. farva was abused by a lady on the wing wielding an umbrella.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back