FTA-TV Hell on Wheels.

Remove this Banner Ad

Good news! Hell on WHeels has been renewed for season 4.

Apparently ratings for s.3 have increased over first two seasons. If new watchers liked s3. they definitely should go back and watch the first 2 seasons.

Also season 4 to be expanded to 13 episodes.

A bit of a surprise for mine. I love the show, but did think s3 was a little flat,they added a lot of storylines, but not enough screen time for them all.

I've been watching the replays of season 1 and now 2 they have been showing in the afternoons, up till last week they were showing episodes of Justified S 4 before each HOW episode. I'm a big fan of Justified (not so much s.4) but found myself enjoying the HOW's episodes much more. Great stuff, the Swede is a fantastic character.

Do yu know when it's showing? I had thought it was going to be on the second. I've been looking at FX for the last 3 days and can't see it.
Not sure about foxtel.

I've looked at Foxtel's website, no mention of s.4.

I now assume at the very least we won't see s.4. until after s.3. re-runs finish at the least, which will be the end of next week.

Might be later than that, no mention on any ad's about s.4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I keep forgetting about this thread! Seems not many people are following this show which is a shame. Really enjoying this season so far. I'm not really sure where it's heading though. Ellam coming back for a couple of episodes was entertaining but kind of a little pointless. I'm interested to see what plans this Mormon leader has for the Swede.

You're right, the cinematography is top-notch. As are the sets. Would love to see them film some episodes in the winter as it would have been a huge challenge by people heading West through the Prairies. Pretty hard to film at that time of year around Calgary though.

Just finished the final ep of s.4.

I don't know, it seems fine, just lacks something, very disappointed with Elam Ferguson leaving the series and Cullen no longer having his built up sense of rage. Not sure Cullen's actor handled the more normal town type interactions well, think he's better at the dark brooding silent type.

Less Railroad building and a lot more character interaction (mostly with new characters), so many characters from previous seasons have now been killed off or left. Very different from the first 2 x seasons.

Sorry that the young boy died in the fire, I thought he was going to somehow 'complete the circle' with The Swede.

Needs more of The Swede too. I wonder what the Mormons thought? Didn't give Bringham-Young a good rep.

Really did go in a different direction this year with the whole 'town' setting.

Hell on Wheels season 5 gets a premiere date. Here's when you can expect it to return...

Hell on Wheels has been the quiet but steady underdog on a channel with heavyweights like Mad Men, Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead. Yet the western drama lives on to tell the story of its fifth and final season, which now has a premiere date.

Hell on Wheels returns on Saturday, July 18th at 9:00 p.m. Like the final seasons of both Breaking Bad and Mad Men, AMC is milking the final season for all its worth. Seven new episodes will air this summer and the back seven will air in 2016.

Via press release, here's the synopsis for season five:

Cullen Bohannon (Anson Mount) finds himself a stranger in a strange land – the mountain town of Truckee, Calif., home to the Central Pacific Railroad. This rough railroad town teems with thousands of Chinese workers, foreign in language, culture and traditions. Despite the challenges of corralling his new workforce, Cullen leads the Herculean effort to tunnel through the Sierra Nevada Mountains, sometimes achieving only inches a day in the race to complete the first Transcontinental Railroad.

More on the final season as we have it...

Original story: 7/11/2014

Hell on Wheels has been chugging along during its fourth season, but all good things must come to an end. As the show prepares to return after a midseason break to finish out season 4, AMC went ahead and confirmed Hell on Wheels season 5. That's a good thing, right? Well, they also confirmed that the fifth season will be the show's last. That's not necessarily a bad thing, though. Sometimes it's good to go out on your own terms.

However, Hell on Wheels season 5 will take the Breaking Bad/Mad Men approach, breaking up its fifth season into two seven-episode mini-seasons. So, Hell on Wheels season 5 part one will air in the summer of 2015, with the final seven episodes to chug into town in the summer of 2016.

“With season five of Hell on Wheels, we are proud to bring our trans-continental journey to conclusion for the large, loyal audience that has traveled with Cullen Bohannon and his crew for so many years,” said AMC President Charlie Collier in a statement. “We look forward to appropriately honoring Hell on Wheels in this final season. Enormous thanks to the terrific writers, cast and crew for all they have achieved and for all that lies ahead in the Wild West.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back