Hello everybody

Remove this Banner Ad

hey guys let me tell you a little about myself.
student
North Melbourne football club (kangaroos)
facebook.com!!!
defiantly no piercings have to take them out to do sport
criketer
Jeddy's life in a nutshell.

Here's a good exercise for you.

Find your first ever BF post, and post it here.

For the lulz.
Lol...

In my opinion:

Definite delistings:
  • Gilbee - retired
  • Hargrave - retired
  • Hooper - loves the 'Dogs and does try hard, but just hasn't developed the way we wanted him to; has nice versatility, being able to play in the forward, mid and backline, but just can't hold a spot and doesn't have the skill to make it in the AFL. Played for his career against Richmond but just couldn't generate enough. Best of luck to him though, he's capable of having a great VFL career.
  • Mulligan - again, tries hard, but just can't break into the team. Hasn't developed past VFL stage and I just can't see him breaking into the squad any time soon. Too many defenders way ahead of him.
  • Moles - played some great games last year but injury ruined his opportunity at the 'Dogs. Too many youngsters pushing for selection ahead of him. Has probably played his last game.
  • Djerrkura - another unfortunate story. Has showed promise and is a solid contributor in the VFL, but just can't take that step into the spotlight of AFL footy. Been gifted games this year because of injury and a lack of depth across half-forward. Best of luck to him in the VFL, but his AFL career is over (and probably should have been after his 2/8 efficient disposals against Sydney).
Under threat of being delisted:
  • Skinner - has always been a project player, and I'm sure many would be sad to see him go. An absolute freak with the footy, and has undoubted skill and X-factor - something we definitely lack. But in the long-term, is there a spot for him in our team? Needs to improve on his second efforts, disposals, confidence (nobody wants to see a handball when you're running into an open goal that's 15 metres away like we did against North Melbourne) and ability to read the play. I think he'll stay for another year, just because his uncanny third-man-up abilities and X-factor are something that we could genuinely use; but at the same time he needs to start showing more.
  • Morris - could be a retirement. At the same time, he could be a delisting - we have enough players that struggle with injury. Has been a great player for us for about seven seasons now, but his time is about up. On a list that needs trimming, he's in serious danger. Some say he could help teach the likes of Austin, Talia and Markovic how to hold down the fort in the backline, but it works both ways! With him in the side there's less room for those players, as well as Williams/Wood/Howard, who really need games under their belt. It hurts, but it's time to let him go.
  • Veszpremi - I like Patty. He has that extra gear and if he can start to hit that more often he could be a real key in our defence, and play a role similar to Hargrave in his prime. But how much longer can we wait? At 23 he's already a two-team player who's had plenty of opportunities, he just can't seem to stay consistent enough to be a mainstay in our best 22. When he's on, he has a huge impact, but when he's not, he can be a liability. He needs to put in some serious effort in Willy's last few games to prove he deserves to be here.
  • Austin - probably a controversial one here, but although he's on his first year off the rookie list, I think he's in danger. Showed a lot in his few games with us, but here's the issue: in our backline, he's undoubtedly behind Lake, Markovic, Addison/Williams (depending on which stays forward), Morris (if he plays on), Murphy and Wood, and possibly also behind Johannisen, Pearce and Talia. In addition, in terms of rookies, he's most definitely behind Johannisen and Jong (who will probably be permanently upgraded), and with only two/three (somebody please correct me here) rookies allowed to be retained, you'd expect Redpath and Campbell to stay there. He'll struggle for a game, but I think he'll retain his spot for next year.
  • Markovic - another bit of controversy as most seem to think he'll retain his spot. I just don't see him being skilled enough to be a mainstay. He does try very, very hard, though. Will probably stay, but I'd rather give Talia some more games.
  • Hill - I really like Hill, but he can't get a game for one reason or another. In a team that needs a trim, he could be in danger of being moved on.
  • Sherman*
  • Grant*
Trades:
  • First of all, I'm expecting us to go in hard in the mini-draft for Jack Martin. A mid-sized goal-kicking forward with line-breaking speed and damaging skills, he's a no-brainer if we're in the hunt. Would likely take two first-rounders, but he's definitely worth it and would compliment the likes of Wallis, Libba and Smith in the midfield.
  • Apart from that, I'm not expecting us to be players in trade week. Here are some players I think should be thrown out as offers, though:
  • Sherman - on the thinnest ice possible. Recruited to fill the gap as an outside mid, he was supposed to be a star recruit - but that project has failed. Struggles to get into a midfield crippled with injuries to Cooney and Cross and a suspension to Liberatore, and that itself should tell a tale. Just hasn't developed and hasn't shown enough. Too high-profile of a player to retain when he's rarely on the field. If there are no trade offers, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's delisted.
  • Grant - I really don't know what to say about Grant, he's gone downhill significantly. One of those players who shows why he's in the AFL with one or two great things each week, but just can't do it consistently. I like him down back, but as with Austin, he's behind a lot of players. In big trouble. Not sure he'd attract much interest but it's worth a shot.
  • Cooney - regrettably, I think we should definitely throw him out there and see what we can get for him. There's only so much he can do with a buggered knee, and with Smith, Dahlhaus, Wallis, Libba, Picken, Griffen, Boyd and Cross all ahead of him at the moment, we're better off trying to trade him while he still has some value.
  • Minson - a free agent, and GWS will go in hard. We need to work out a trade or we'll lose him for nothing, something we can't really afford to do. GWS will be unlikely to part with any of their young talent, but we should be able to get some sorta draft pick. In this year's draft, the more picks the better. He's also a possibility to throw in for the Martin trade - we might be able to grab him for our second pick, Minson, and a late third-rounder. Just a stray thought.
Draft:
  • Five picks in the top 40 in a draft like this? Perfect. I'm expecting to lose at least one of those in the Martin trade if it gets done, but still a great number to have.
  • If the Martin trade falls through, we need a classy outside mid, possibly two. Our depth there is almost laughable. Maybe Ballard/Graham. Jacob Ballard has huge endurance, is hugely competitive in both 1-on-1 marking and at ground, and has a decent disposal efficiency (around the 70% mark, I believe). Nick Graham's strong overhead and has a hugely accurate foot, and can definitely find the ball, averaging well over 20 disposals this year I believe. Has great movement and can present up forward too.
  • We NEED a key forward in case our KPF's (Jones, Cordy, Panos, Hill, Redpath etc) fall through. Tom Lee may be worth a risk, and could possibly be a bargain. 194cm, and kicked six earlier this year and with a big pre-season could become the most promising KPF we have. Seems to have shaken off the attitude issues that plagued his short career at Adelaide.
  • Medium forward in the mold of Dickson/Gia. Not really sure on who at the moment, need a better look at the medium forwards.
  • KPD to fill the void that will be inevitably left by Lake in the future. Loving the look of Marschall. He has everything: competitive, one-on-one smarts, good decisions, great ball user...he's in the mold of Lake and could prove to be even better, especially with him as his mentor.
  • Apart from that we just need to stock up on the best players available in case some of our youngsters (ie. Jong, Johannisen, Talia, Roughead, Cordy, Jones, etc.) don't develop how we want them to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the lulz.
BoshtrichBurger said:
Re: 2012 DT Leagues Signup for New Entrants

I'm keen to join!

goalsneekers2011dtranki.jpg

Fairly poor ranking, but hoping to bounce back with a vengence this year!

Can't direct quote my first post, as that thread's been locked.

Took ages to find.

For the lulz.
Oh dear...
Hey, I'm kinda new so this is my first post :D hi
I voted Karnezis. Is there any particular reason he wasn't picked to play Round 1? I would've thought he would be in, especially after winning our Rookie of the Year! Or is there a niggle or injury I don't know about?
Haha total newb by me.
Then I logged back on like a couple of weeks later and took to the Carl v GC thread.
Has anyone else snuck a peek at the Blues board and sensed the immense amount of other neutral fans there, too scared to post for fear of being raged at :p
We're like one really big oversized mutant fly on the wall :thumbsu:
Then I found the OFG board and settled with mediocre spam (to put it nicely) for a while.
Then I found the SFA board.
And now I alternate posts between SFA, Lions and the OFG subforums. With the odd posts in others obviously.
There's my posting journey.

Oh dear...

Haha total newb by me.
Then I logged back on like a couple of weeks later and took to the Carl v GC thread.

Then I found the OFG board and settled with mediocre spam (to put it nicely) for a while.
Then I found the SFA board.
And now I alternate posts between SFA, Lions and the OFG subforums. With the odd posts in others obviously.
There's my posting journey.
I alternate between the SFA, Basketball, Adelaide, OFG, OFG Sub-Forums, Media & Entertainment, and lurk on some other boards.

Yes, I am on BF a lot, hence the post count.

Oh, this is my first post on the Adelaide board.
Lots of you have Rory Sloane as the best pick ATM. But in the long run I Believe Daniel Talia has the physical tools to become an elite lock down defender and the best pick by Rendell.

For what I've seen from game footage in '11, he has good one-on-one strength and is fairly agile for his size. Also he played through a dodgy Achilles injury, imagine him 100% healthy! And he has the capacity to play forward for patches of the game as I think he was drafted as a forward (May need to double check)...

If he adds more muscle to his frame and improves his kicking, he could be in the mold of a Nathan Bock or poor mans Glen Jackovich. Could be a strech those predictions, but he has tremendous potential and hard work will only take him higher!

But for now I say Sam Jacobs is the best acqusition by us because he has become our #1 Ruck and would be of a bigger loss if he were to go down with injury.

Very nice post Bosh! Amazed that it took you 4 months on this site to post your first on the Crows board though :p
I originally signed up to BF via the internet thing on the PS3.

Then I didn't really give two shits about this site and forgot about it for a while.

I originally signed up to BF via the internet thing on the PS3.

Then I didn't really give two shits about this site and forgot about it for a while.
For your 9000th post (i.e. your next one) make it a very good one. :)

Just let it die, I've suffered enough.

Jeez-us, one of my daughters is older than some of you. Go to bed and don't leave that crusty old towel there for your mother to wash.

Personally - sixteen, going on seventeen late this year.
Yeah, she beats you by a few months by the sounds of it.

And what of the towel?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back