Hello from an increasingly impatient Bluebagger

Remove this Banner Ad

swaffi

Draftee
Apr 12, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Hey there, just a quick G'day out there from an increasingly impatient for success Bluebagger
Love the game but not nearly as much as times past, not just because of Carlton's lack of success but the over-tinkering of the game and rules which maddens the crap out of me.
The rules that administrators have introduced to this wonderful game have definitely ruined it in my and lot's of other people's opinion, (even Hawthorn, Sydney and Geelong supporters I know say the same thing)
What maddens the crap out me even more is that the administrators (AFL) surely have known how unpopular all these extra rules etc have actually been but have gone ahead and implemented them anyway, much to the chagrin of the majority of supporters of this once wonderful game
Yeah, sure, the game might be quicker and players definitely stronger but the game is in no way as spectacular as in the past, no where near it which is a bloody shame.
Just touching on players skills, you only have to look at the players set shot for goal, more money, more pressure and the players are wilting under it. How is it that players continually miss from 15 or so metres out? Directly in front? * me, this hardly ever used to happen.
Most of the time you can throw a blanket over 90% of the players, this is really a ******* boring look. Thanks AFL, you have really are to blame.
Pride has always being the problem with the AFL. Especially in Andrew Demetriou's reign, or maybe he was the problem. The buck does stop with the CEO after all. He was in charge of implementing all these unpopular rules to this once great game and after all the backlashing and ranting and raving, he still would not make an about face and just come out and say, "hey we've made a mistake with this one so we decided to get rid of it" no, he would not because he and maybe others had a "pride" issue.
It's hard to believe these administrators of our once great game could not/will not see a problem with these bloody awful, unpopular, uncommon-sense rules that have gradually worsened our once great game.
Anyway, there are some things I still like about the game, when Carlton wins for example which is getting increasingly rare these days as we've just been flogged by the Eagles and look bloody ordinary to say the least.
Why in the * did they get rid of Ratten anyway? because they had to show that they were doing something and getting Malthouse was their solution. Well, how in the * did that turn out board members?
What has Malthouse achieved but mediocrity?
Carlton, don't follow the AFL's prideful attitude. Get tough, bite your pride. Get rid of Malthouse and bring back Ratten, we could even save some money on that exchange.
Wow, this was suppose to be a quick intro, Phew, I could write endlessly about the AFL's stuffing up our once great game and my team's mediocrity or patheticness
Go Blues, I still haven't given up but everyone has their limits

Thank you!
I can understand the frustration of Blues supporters with all the battles you've had since the start of the new century.

A few questions. Is the team that took the field against West Coast the best team Carlton can call on in 2015? And, do fans hope for a Carlton loss just to watch MM at the after match press conference?

All the best for the upcoming match against Essendon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back