Hello from Canada

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome aboard ktb. Interesting username. Hope its not to cold at the moment up there in the great white north, but I know by Canadian standards Vancouver is relatively mild. The Aussie invasion of Whistler and Banff would be well under way by now.

There are a few other threads - 6 - started by Canadians who have joined this forum after discovering the game, but I think this one from Edmontonian Ogopogo started back in 2013 is the biggest and there is a lot of discussion about rules and videos of the game, so this could be a useful reference point for you.

Welcome. As I say to all Canadians that join here, because I am married to a Newfie there's always a couch for you to crash on here if you ever decide to visit.

Welcome! Nice to see a fellow Canadian get on board with this great game. As REH said, my introduction thread has a ton of great videos and information - it is probably a few pages back now but, worth looking up: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/new-afl-fan-from-canada.998715/

Glean as much knowledge as you can from posters like this and others - they have been very kind to me and have helped me on my AFL journey. This has become my favourite sport - yes, ahead of hockey.

Go Suns!

Last edited:
Welcome! Nice to see a fellow Canadian get on board with this great game. As REH said, my introduction thread has a ton of great videos and information - it is probably a few pages back now but, worth looking up: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/new-afl-fan-from-canada.998715/

Glean as much knowledge as you can from posters like this and others - they have been very kind to me and have helped me on my AFL journey. This has become my favourite sport - yes, ahead of hockey.

Go Suns!

I just read through my introduction thread again - bloody brilliant! Being new to the game, I would STRONGLY recommend it to you there is a ton of great information courtesy of REH and a series of other excellent posters. Videos, rules, book recommendations....that thread helped me to get hooked on this great game!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back