Help Get 7 Sport To Broadcast in Full HD

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't reckon there is an appreciable difference between 720 and 1080... Not that there is a 720 broadcast. I projected something in 1080 onto a screen that was about 2.5m wide. I thought I'd render out a 720 version just to compare and I reckon they were virtually indistinguishable. This was in optimum viewing conditions too, no outside light, grey walls, white screen...

My roommate bought the Game of Thrones Blu-Ray which shows native 1080p - the difference between that and the HBO 1080i is huge.

I think on a HDTV, SD can look slightly blurry. But on an old crystal-rayon tube TV, SD looks OK. But yes, it's amazing to consider what TV was like years ago. I can remember when colour TV first came in, we all thought that was just the most amazing thing ever back then. Then the ole rabbit ears on an indoor aerial.

But most people have a HDTV these days, so why shouldn't we expect TV to broadcast in HD?
What is a crystal-rayon tube TV? never heard of one. But I reckon anything would look good on it!

It's appealing that the last time AFL games were in HD in FTA was when channel 10 had the rights.....

It's attrocious this game isn't in HD on FTA. Also for those who say oh SD and HD looks similar. Get your eyes checked.

It's appealing that the last time AFL games were in HD in FTA was when channel 10 had the rights.....

It's attrocious this game isn't in HD on FTA. Also for those who say oh SD and HD looks similar. Get your eyes checked.

What it is IMO is a complete and utter embarrassment for Ch7 themselves that they broadcast the game in SD. Most people who work on the broadcast would be ashamed to put their name to it. They're the laughing stock of the industry.

Just flicking around after the Saints v Demons game, and there is fricking Major League Baseball on TV in HD.

It is laughable that we have foreign sports in HD and our domestic game limited to SD and compressed using what appears to be a 1994 demo copy of Realplayer.

I wouldn't say they look similar but I find SD perfectly watchable even if I do prefer HD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Signed. Suprised more haven't signed. Need to get the word out there. Facebook etc, we know everyone wants it.

No point signing it until the legislation changes, channel 7 are not going to stick the AFL on 7Mate in melbourne, Adelaide and Perth. The only way it gets HD is moving off the main channel, seven mate currently gets less viewers hence ad's are cheaper.

Not exactly related to this but definitely not worth it's own thread.

Did anyone see the monitors at Etihad (bars or on the concourse/upper rows level 1) at any games in round 1? Not only was it two seconds out of sync, but it looked like a terrible quality pirate stream or something. Not sure if it was the same on the scoreboards. What was up with that?

Just flicking around after the Saints v Demons game, and there is fricking Major League Baseball on TV in HD.

It is laughable that we have foreign sports in HD and our domestic game limited to SD and compressed using what appears to be a 1994 demo copy of Realplayer.
Did the same thing and the difference is huge and easily noticeable

Not exactly related to this but definitely not worth it's own thread.

Did anyone see the monitors at Etihad (bars or on the concourse/upper rows level 1) at any games in round 1? Not only was it two seconds out of sync, but it looked like a terrible quality pirate stream or something. Not sure if it was the same on the scoreboards. What was up with that?
It's due to the digital signal not getting transmitted as quickly as analogue I believe.

Similar to DAB+ radio being delayed vs AM/FM radio.

It's due to the digital signal not getting transmitted as quickly as analogue I believe.

Similar to DAB+ radio being delayed vs AM/FM radio.
I believe it's to do with the analog to digital encoding and decoding and the processing time needed to do this.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The reason sports like A league, baseball and big bash get on HD is because get aren't popular enough to make it on the main channel. It's not like the stations are giving them priority.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back