Workshop Help give FJGD's new Rugby Competition a name.

Your chosen name for FJGD's newest competition.

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't going to go with the name, but it does work.

Based on the original logos colours:
Spanna%20Cup%20Logo%202015%20v2_zpsftlmszid.png

Based on the colours of the person the league is named afters avatar:
Spanna%20Cup%20Logo%202015_zpst4jbwng1.png

Other colours available upon request by league owner.

Yeah, I know my name may be widely known at this point but I'm still not huge into it being thrown around like that.
Oh, sorry guys. That's going a bit to far isn't it? Sorry Dylan8 and Gibbsy

On the sleeve, maybe even like the Super Rugby where it is only on one sleeve (the right) rather than on both.
This. It's very reminiscent of a logo that I can't remember, and it'd best fit on the sleeve. Manufacturer logo on the right breast (left in the image), club logo over the heart (right in the image)

This. It's very reminiscent of a logo that I can't remember, and it'd best fit on the sleeve. Manufacturer logo on the right breast (left in the image), club logo over the heart (right in the image)
I like the sound of this.It should work well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take your favourite footy template and add sleeves to it.

It's not particularly difficult, especially if you've made a template and know what you're doing.

Just remember that the cut of the sleeves will be from the neck, not just extending off of the sides of the body.

does it really matter if League or union in a design comp?
or is there some kind of difference in the uniforms?

Actually there's such a huge difference, that you can generally tell which code it is by the design. But I think you've stumbled upon an interesting idea, instead of having the usual home and away kits, maybe all the teams can have a union kit, a league kit and an NRL 9's kit?

The two main kits can draw upon the different aesthetic of each code, while the 9's kit can be completely off the wall, different colours, sleeveless, sublimated images based on a club theme etc, etc...

Both codes also have clubs and representative teams with old traditional jerseys which vary quite a lot from what the teams currently wear, so the potential is also there for sponsorless old-style heritage jerseys.

Last edited:
Actually there's such a huge difference, that you can generally tell which code it is by the design. But I think you've stumbled upon an interesting idea, instead of having the usual home and away kits, maybe all the teams can have a union kit, a league kit and an NRL 9's kit??

The two main kits can draw upon the different aesthetic of each code, while the 9's kit can be completely off the wall, different colours, sleeveless, sublimated images based on a club theme etc, etc...

Both codes also have clubs with old traditional jerseys which vary quite a lot from what the teams currently wear, so the potential is also there for sponsorless old-style heritage jerseys.

This is a really fantastic idea.

It circumvents the usual idea that we all have home, away, charity, heritage, whatever. Every league comp there seems to be a call for ideas for these sorts of rounds and we usually end up with the same old stuff.

So we could forget away kits and special round kits, and just go Union, League and 9s (with the complexity theoretically increasing as we go).

This also potentially avoids the issue of lots of away kits just being colour reversals, which is usually pretty boring.

Most of us are fairly novice when it comes to rugby design, so this will let us dip our toes into all 3 aesthetics.

Great idea.

I was going to add union sevens to the list too; but that's more like a collarless soccer-style jersey. Most union kits are interchangeable with union sevens kits now anyway. Usually it will be like the normal union test jersey, but with some fancy patterns or pinstripe or something like that.

That sort of helps and doesn't help with the competition naming issue. We probably want to avoid using league or union in the competition name.

The 'something' Cup is probably an even better bet at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back