Society & Culture Help me win $5000

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure why people would want this campaigner to win money?
giphy.gif

oh well

http://www.theage.com.au/entertainm...contention-due-to-kfc-ad-20150120-12u1gi.html

Triple J has refused to confirm whether the station has disqualified Hottest 100 votes for Taylor Swift after a former presenter said a fast-food advertisement had cruelled the campaign to have her included.

Angela Catterns told the ABC TV show The Drum that Swift was out of contention "because a fast food chain became involved in the whole process". Yesterday KFC endorsed Swift for the annual Australia Day countdown. Triple J's rules for the countdown state the station "reserves the right to remove artists from the list who have benefited from competitions or commercial campaigns that incentivise fans to vote for them".

KFC's post gets very close to doing exactly that by running a picture of the pop star with the campaign hashtag #tay4hottest100 emblazoned on top next to an offer to receive a gift voucher when you mention your favourite song by her.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...-to-kfc-ad-20150120-12u1gi.html#ixzz3PKqcJQiS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

oh well

http://www.theage.com.au/entertainm...contention-due-to-kfc-ad-20150120-12u1gi.html

Triple J has refused to confirm whether the station has disqualified Hottest 100 votes for Taylor Swift after a former presenter said a fast-food advertisement had cruelled the campaign to have her included.

Angela Catterns told the ABC TV show The Drum that Swift was out of contention "because a fast food chain became involved in the whole process". Yesterday KFC endorsed Swift for the annual Australia Day countdown. Triple J's rules for the countdown state the station "reserves the right to remove artists from the list who have benefited from competitions or commercial campaigns that incentivise fans to vote for them".

KFC's post gets very close to doing exactly that by running a picture of the pop star with the campaign hashtag #tay4hottest100 emblazoned on top next to an offer to receive a gift voucher when you mention your favourite song by her.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...-to-kfc-ad-20150120-12u1gi.html#ixzz3PKqcJQiS

this guy is not happy
richkfc.gif

seems a bit silly from KFC if they knew the rules, but obviously they care more about getting a few extra customers than TS actually getting on the countdown

I have no interest in Taylor Swift but if they disqualify her song on such flimsy grounds, i'm done with Triple J. The right thing to do is to let this play out and be magnanimous about it, then to change the rules the following year so that only songs that have been played on Triple J are eligible.

As far as i'm concerned this #tay4hottest100 campaign is the result of a decade of Triple J becoming increasingly close to Nova et al in terms of what they play and basically inviting the Taylor Swift element in to the point where a Taylor Swift song could actually win, even as a joke. Thrift Shop was the tip of the iceberg.

KFC absolutely haven't incentivised voting for the song, they've used an already very widely known hashtag in a tweet. It's pissweak of Triple J to use that to sidestep the issue when the issue is that the direction and quality control of the music they play went out the window when Kingsmill took over as Music director.

As far as i'm concerned this #tay4hottest100 campaign is the result of a decade of Triple J becoming increasingly close to Nova et al in terms of what they play and basically inviting the Taylor Swift element in to the point where a Taylor Swift song could actually win, even as a joke. Thrift Shop was the tip of the iceberg.

Which is absolutely an urban myth.

061f5930-18b5-4802-9ea0-a54f33400c09-1020x612.png

I wouldn't know about playlists being similar or not because I don't listen to either of these stations to come to a conclusion..

what is undeniable though is the aesthetic of both stations are so similar that it's impossible to tell what station is on until they played an ID track..

when I was growing up, you could tell instantly whether the station was Austereo or JJJ purely by the way it sounded...

I wouldn't know about playlists being similar or not because I don't listen to either of these stations to come to a conclusion..

what is undeniable though is the aesthetic of both stations are so similar that it's impossible to tell what station is on until they played an ID track..

when I was growing up, you could tell instantly whether the station was Austereo or JJJ purely by the way it sounded...

Nothing against you not listening to those stations but it sort of tells. It is a piece of piss to tell the difference between an Austereo station and JJJ even after just 5 seconds. And then it is relatively easy to tell the difference between JJJ and RRR (which is further down the 'alternative' chasm)

there is no comparison at all between RRR and JJJ - That distinction is instant..

But play me 30 secs of Austereo and then 30 secs of JJJ today and I would be guessing which one was which -

play 30 secs of Austereo and JJJ from 15 years ago and I'd instantly tell the difference..

Obviously the fact that I don't listen to either station plays a role in that, but you're dreaming if you're going to try to claim that JJJ doesn't sound like a commercial station...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back