Help ! Melbourne Advice !! Fellow Freo Fans.

Remove this Banner Ad

sij1981

Club Legend
Jul 31, 2008
sPACE
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hi All,

Am going to Melbourne for Cricket World Cup final and need some advice from Melbournians I have choice of 3 places to go for wholesale shopping which of these 3 are good price/choice wise in priority:

Brandsmart Factory Outlet - Nunawading

5 Star Factory Outlet

Spencer outlet centre

don't bother with brandsmart factory outlet unless you are near the area. Its a fair way out from the city.

Spencer street and the DFO at South Wharf are the way to go.
Agree. These two cover the majority of what's on offer in outlet shopping in Melbourne, and no need to go to the suburbs.

If you do want to venture out a bit though, there's some along Smith St in Collingwood. Mainly sporting stuff, accessible by tram & close to the Rose Hotel in Fitzroy if shopping makes you thirsty. There's also some in Richmond (along Bridge Rd) from memory.

Yep, what Seppo said. Spencer Street & DFO are good for outlet shopping. Nunawading is seriously far out. Nothing good ever comes out of Footscray.

Other good places you can go to, there's Bridge Road in Richmond, close to the MCG for you. And if you want to go hipster outlet shopping go down Sydney Road in Brunswick. The Cornish Arms on Sydney Road make great parmas

Stop slagging off the Scray unless you live in Prahran or Kew.

Underrated area. Way, way less scummy than Caroline Springs, Frankston, Cranbourne...

Thank you all - Spencer street and the DFO at South Wharf are the 2 places I shall go to.

Any priority order? Now we know which 2 - which one first you reckon?

Saves me need to hire car - just tram into city for 2 i assume from St.Kilda and walk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back