Help with choosing an ISP

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi Tech people.

I'm moving into a new place soon and am currently looking at different internet service providers and wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions?

I'm considering iinet which I have heard good things about from friends (good customer service, no on peak/off peak restrictions and competitively priced). Are there any others people would recommend?

I'm looking at plans that off around 100gb of data as well.

Any comments/suggestions appreciated! :)

iinet are good and provide an excellent service, however once I went to Telstra Cable I will never go back to ADSL2+ or anything else. Telstra have a bundle for 200gb and unlimited home and mobile calls for 120 bucks a month at the moment.

One tip - NOT IINET
Customer Service - 0.5/10
Speeds 5/10
Modem they Provide - 3/10

iinet are good and provide an excellent service, however once I went to Telstra Cable I will never go back to ADSL2+ or anything else. Telstra have a bundle for 200gb and unlimited home and mobile calls for 120 bucks a month at the moment.
Telstra will rip you off. I learned that lesson 4 months into my contract.
  1. They wouldn't allow me to pay for my bill fortnightly
  2. They would take you offline regardless if you had paid your bill or not.

I've been looking at a broadband package, is $100 per month for the Optus cable unlimited a reasonable price? Or am I getting ripped off and should look elsewhere?

3 ppl in the house main use would be for me downloading stuff, gaming and school work, my sister is a YouTube whore, and all that instergram crap..

$80 for 200gb, extra $20 to nuts..?

Not sure. What do you tech guys recon ?

Switched from Telstra to Dodo to save some money. Unlimited ADSL2+ on $30 a month. Speeds are good to the DSLAM (22Mbit) but I think the backend infrastructure is sub-par. Can get some buffering when watching lower-priority youtube videos but I can live with that.

If money isnt an option definitely go with Telstra.

Have been with Adam Internet for over 6 years and I'm finally giving them the flick now that I'm moving house. The service has been great until very recently when they migrated their backend services across to the iiNet systems, now I'm getting dropouts, had my speed drop significantly, and they've screwed up their data metering so uploads are getting included on my usage. They used to be a great cheaper alternative to the likes of Internode (another ISP swallowed up by iiNet) but now they've been completely overtaken.

Back to Internode I go :thumbsu:

I live in a Telstra Velocity housing estate, so my choices of ISP are limited.

I definitely wasn't going with Telstra, so I chose Exetel.

I get:

30/1mbps speeds
500GB/month with no uploads counted

for $59.95/month

I also pay an extra $20/month + calls for home phone which they make you have.

Upgrading to 100/5mbps speeds would cost me only another $10/month more.

Signing up with Telstra would be the last thing I'd do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back