wednesdaywarrior

Club Legend
Apr 19, 2010
melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
St. Pat's, Parkside Tackers
I think Assumption would have to start favourites, although I would love to see St. Pat's win it.

If you want to read about last year's HSS season in more detail try and get hold of "Wednesday Warriors" - www.connorcourt.com. Although it is mainly about St. Pat's, it does give a lot of detail on other schools like PEGS, St. Joey's, St. Kevin's, Assumption etc. Yes, this is a shameless promotion but I love writing about school footy! (& learned a lot from :) this blog) JG

fig1

Draftee
Dec 10, 2009
Dandenong
AFL Club
Sydney
assumption lose by 5 goals
and parade win by 140

bit of a turnaround from last year

parade the side to beat i think

Jaworskyj 1971

Senior List
Jan 18, 2010
east gippsland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
assumption lose by 5 goals
and parade win by 140

bit of a turnaround from last year

parade the side to beat i think
Too early to judge Parade ,they only played CCS( Catholic college sale)who although probably not one of the strongest anyway ,had 6 of their best players out through other commitments and being a smaller school in the scheme of things ,they haven't got the depth of talent to cover so many losses .Some of the guys that didn't play were Gippy power players and Vic country reps so in short Parade may not be that good as the result would indicate and CCS may not be that bad.

TOUGH

Senior List
Mar 21, 2008
Savernake
AFL Club
Essendon
Can not Believe that the ACK boys went down to bloody PEGS,
what happened there? on paper the boys would have looked better with alot of young boys coming in that can play, they any chance of doing anything or is that it??

pidgeon_killer

Draftee
May 7, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
yea pegs will be strong and toy is a freak, however i reckon the boys from 100km down the highway in ballarat will be very hard to beat this year, the list definelty tops last years and we all know that the spc team of 2009 would have, on their day beaten anyone.

_Maximus_12

Premiership Player
Jul 20, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
LA Lakers
The St.Pat's boys kick off their campaign on Wednesday against Bendigo Secondary College, a team which they beat by 25 goals last year. It will be interesting to see if there is any improvement in 2010. But so far, PEGS are the team to beat, but don't count out St. Joey's Geelong and Parade. Anyone can win on their day.

Jaworskyj 1971

Senior List
Jan 18, 2010
east gippsland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
St Joes will be looking for a bit of revenge from their humiliating defeat at Skilled stadium last year when they take on Catholic College sale tomorrow.Going to be crap conditions by the look of things so anything could happen i suppose.

Jaworskyj 1971

Senior List
Jan 18, 2010
east gippsland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
St Joes will be looking for a bit of revenge from their humiliating defeat at Skilled stadium last year when they take on Catholic College sale tomorrow.Going to be crap conditions by the look of things so anything could happen i suppose.
Got given some wrong info ,CCS played St Bernards today not St Joeys.Went down by 17points not a bad effort ,St Bernards were a lot bigger side but the country boys mixed it pretty well with them from all reports.

yummy6

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
OKC Thunder
CCS had plenty of the ball just weren't able to get a result early on. This kept Bernards in the game which isn't a good thing as they were very much a front running side.

Jaworskyj 1971

Senior List
Jan 18, 2010
east gippsland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
CCS had plenty of the ball just weren't able to get a result early on. This kept Bernards in the game which isn't a good thing as they were very much a front running side.
Who played well for CCS ?I have a friend who works in the PE dept of the school and he said there were a few yr 10's come into the team who did Ok ,which is good from the POV that you would think that the larger Melbourne schools would be made up mainly of Yr12's and 11's.

yummy6

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
OKC Thunder
Stuart? :confused:

Well Jack Johnstone (year 11) got the B.O.G medal for CCS, he played mostly CHB and his ability to create and run from the backline was crucial in setting up alot of the forward thrusts. Lachlan Todd (12) provided plenty of grunt as usual and lead well as captain. Andrew Phelan (11) was a rock down back, not very big but rarely loses a one on one contest and knows exactly when to stay or leave his man. Shannen Lange (10) would have been the main year 10 to perform. Won alot of the hard ball. Will Hams (10) was clean all game, bit quiet in the third but picked it up in the last quarter when it was put back on him.

fig1

Draftee
Dec 10, 2009
Dandenong
AFL Club
Sydney
parade vs st bernards tomoro
should be an awesome game
im tipping parade to get the chocolates but not easily as 2 vic boys likely to be out

Jaworskyj 1971

Senior List
Jan 18, 2010
east gippsland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Great win by Catholic college Sale today defeating De la salle by 8-10 goals.Always a big effort for the country boys to get one up on the big city schools ,i think thats it for them though.Not bad for a team the majority of which are still yr 10 they should do ok in a couple of years.

Rooster 24

Cancelled
Jul 31, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Great win by Catholic college Sale today defeating De la salle by 8-10 goals.Always a big effort for the country boys to get one up on the big city schools ,i think thats it for them though.Not bad for a team the majority of which are still yr 10 they should do ok in a couple of years.

Well done on your win mate but if you think this was of any significance you are delusional. Neither team could progress and the ACC season ended several weeks ago. DLS decided to give some loyal battlers who have never played in the senior team a run. At least 3 of their TAC boys plus 5-6 or other first choice players didn’t bother. You might recall they only bought 18 players to the game anyway. This seemed to mean a lot to the Sale boys so well done but please keep it in perspective.

Jaworskyj 1971

Senior List
Jan 18, 2010
east gippsland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Well done on your win mate but if you think this was of any significance you are delusional. Neither team could progress and the ACC season ended several weeks ago. DLS decided to give some loyal battlers who have never played in the senior team a run. At least 3 of their TAC boys plus 5-6 or other first choice players didn’t bother. You might recall they only bought 18 players to the game anyway. This seemed to mean a lot to the Sale boys so well done but please keep it in perspective.
Hey look ,don't think for one minute that i am under the impression that we are even fit to take the same field as such a prestigious first XVIII as yours.All i am saying is that we had two VC reps that didn't play and the majority of the team that took the field were Yr 10's but obviously if you people had everybody available, the natural order of things would be restored and of course DLS would win by who knows how much because you're from the city and we're from the country and that's just how things are meant to be right?

Don't worry ,we realise that if we ever win any games it's usually because the city teams are resting players or it didn't mean anything or you just basically let us win for which we down here 2 1/2 hrs from Melbourne are extremely greatful BTW.Nice of your coach to give your "Battlers" a game too.Hope you guys are in the same pool next year because you seem to be really good sports allowing the country boys a victory like that albiet a hollow one considering how undermanned you were.:rolleyes:

Back