Herald Sun Shield 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey look ,don't think for one minute that i am under the impression that we are even fit to take the same field as such a prestigious first XVIII as yours.All i am saying is that we had two VC reps that didn't play and the majority of the team that took the field were Yr 10's but obviously if you people had everybody available, the natural order of things would be restored and of course DLS would win by who knows how much because you're from the city and we're from the country and that's just how things are meant to be right?

Don't worry ,we realise that if we ever win any games it's usually because the city teams are resting players or it didn't mean anything or you just basically let us win for which we down here 2 1/2 hrs from Melbourne are extremely greatful BTW.Nice of your coach to give your "Battlers" a game too.Hope you guys are in the same pool next year because you seem to be really good sports allowing the country boys a victory like that albiet a hollow one considering how undermanned you were.:rolleyes:

A little bit precious there mate. It’s only dead rubber game of school footy after all. And what this city V county bull$hit? If your side was full of year 10s then your school obviously have some really good years ahead. I meant no disrespect and you must understand how hard it is to convince kids with higher stakes to play these games. (Perhaps my wording was a bit clumsy) Scores in your other pool games would suggest you learnt that first hand. Easily the better side on the day and deserved your win but just try and be a bit more gracious. Same rubbish was posted last year and when you rolled an under strength St Joeys side (a county school) when they rested about 8 Vic Country blokes. Sadly the ACC teams don’t really take school footy to seriously anymore. Not compulsory so most of the TAC & Metro guns are reluctant to play mid week and are not forced to like APS/AGSV. St Bedes, St Bernards, Whitefriars, Parade etc etc all suffer as result. Well done on your win and good luck next year.

A little bit precious there mate. It’s only dead rubber game of school footy after all. And what this city V county bull$hit? If your side was full of year 10s then your school obviously have some really good years ahead. I meant no disrespect and you must understand how hard it is to convince kids with higher stakes to play these games. (Perhaps my wording was a bit clumsy) Scores in your other pool games would suggest you learnt that first hand. Easily the better side on the day and deserved your win but just try and be a bit more gracious. Same rubbish was posted last year and when you rolled an under strength St Joeys side (a county school) when they rested about 8 Vic Country blokes. Sadly the ACC teams don’t really take school footy to seriously anymore. Not compulsory so most of the TAC & Metro guns are reluctant to play mid week and are not forced to like APS/AGSV. St Bedes, St Bernards, Whitefriars, Parade etc etc all suffer as result. Well done on your win and good luck next year.
Fair call ,we don't ever expect win right through because we are only a school of about 900 and come from town of just 16-17000 people with an extra maybe 8000 people in the surrounding area if that so it is always going to be a big call to be consistently competitive against Geelong ,Ballarat and Melbourne schools,but you do get a bit sick of excuses when we do manage a win.We didn't apply to be in the comp we got invited into the top div after years of dominating the country cup not only that the school has an AFL acedemy in the area so it is no great shame to lose to us occasionally.It is true this comp does mean a lot to the guys because it is our only major school competition apart from the yearly challenge against Marcellin and CAS football ,we are too far away from Melbourne to be in anything else.
All the best for the rest of the season see you next year.

IIRC, we played DLS round 1 last year and beat them by 40 points or so and they weren't resting anyone. Also St Joeys only rested Christensen and McMillan-Pittard, I know this cos Allen told me.

Not trying to fuel the fire, was more for Jaworsky becuase I thought he would actually be interested to know. :thumbsu:

IIRC, we played DLS round 1 last year and beat them by 40 points or so and they weren't resting anyone. Also St Joeys only rested Christensen and McMillan-Pittard, I know this cos Allen told me.

Not trying to fuel the fire, was more for Jaworsky becuase I thought he would actually be interested to know. :thumbsu:

Not trying to fuel the fire here either but the side you beat on Round 1 last year was St Bedes not De La Salle. De La played you at Pakenham round 2 and won quite easily. HSS certainly throws up some strange results. De La won 2 of their pool games easily but got flogged by St Joeys who then lost to the 2 teams that De La defeated. Go figure.

As mentioned the TAC clubs (in Melbourne anyway) discourage participation in midweek footy which is great shame for this comp. Until there is a change of philosophy it might be while before an ACC team has any success.
CCS certainly seemed to have a good young group this year and should do well in the next few years however schools such as St Pats, Assumption, St Joeys (when at full strength) are very hard to beat.

Not trying to fuel the fire here either but the side you beat on Round 1 last year was St Bedes not De La Salle. De La played you at Pakenham round 2 and won quite easily. HSS certainly throws up some strange results. De La won 2 of their pool games easily but got flogged by St Joeys who then lost to the 2 teams that De La defeated. Go figure.

As mentioned the TAC clubs (in Melbourne anyway) discourage participation in midweek footy which is great shame for this comp. Until there is a change of philosophy it might be while before an ACC team has any success. CCS certainly seemed to have a good young group this year and should do well in the next few years however schools such as St Pats, Assumption, St Joeys (when at full strength) are very hard to beat.

You sure? Because I played round 1 and we won, missed round 2 with injury and we lost ( go figure :eek::cool: ) and then round 3 we beat st joeys.

Would be nice to see all the sides at full strength but as you said TAC and Vic always gets preference.

St Pats are looking the good this year for sure :thumbsu:

Geelong are woffle. they didnt deserve to play on the G, they should stick to there s**t metro town and learn how to play.

Geelong are woffle. they didnt deserve to play on the G, they should stick to there s**t metro town and learn how to play.
Unfortunately for those wanting to see a decent contest, St Joeys looked off the pace from the start.

The only mistake St Pats made was before the first bounce - their forwards went to defence and their defenders went forward!

Dahlhaus deserved the medal for St Joeys, but St Pats had a lot more contributors I thought. Brad Crouch won the medal for them, but players like Nick O'Brien with 5 goals, and Jesse Dundon who was busy through the midfield could easily have been given the medal in my thoughts.

Unfortunately for those wanting to see a decent contest, St Joeys looked off the pace from the start.

The only mistake St Pats made was before the first bounce - their forwards went to defence and their defenders went forward!

Dahlhaus deserved the medal for St Joeys, but St Pats had a lot more contributors I thought. Brad Crouch won the medal for them, but players like Nick O'Brien with 5 goals, and Jesse Dundon who was busy through the midfield could easily have been given the medal in my thoughts.

Great to hear that he played well:thumbsu:

absolute jet of a footballer, really hope he gets selected at the end of this year.

Played for st joeys Geelong first 18 in 2000 and 2001, St Bernards was the only team to beat us in those years, great effort considering we had Jimmy Bartel, Nick Maxwell, Joel Reynolds and James allen who is now staring in the SA league. Brings back some memories, best team i ever played in just to bad the geelong falcons were always on out back seeing as half the falcons went to st joeys

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Different format for the HS this year apparently but yesterday Box Hill SC journied all the way down to Sale to play at the magnificent Sale main ground and got flogged at the end with the CCS running out winners by 9-10 goals .CCS had the day off school for interviews so it was good to see such a good crowd for a mid week game.Massive all-in brawl on the 1/2 time siren with every player on the ground involved and the umpires reviewing video footage during the break ,plenty of punches thrown ,may result in reports.
Close game for 3 quarters but CCS ran away with it in the last qtr.Jack Johnson and Will Hams unstoppable for CCS and FF McIntyre kicked a bag.CCS will advance back into the premier Div of the comp if they beat Wodonga next game.

What school from Wodonga and where are they playing? (might have a look if it's up here)
Think it might be Wodonga catholic not sure though ,it is definitely going to be played in Sale again at the main oval which will be a huge trip for the Wodonga boys ,CCS have a got a draw Collingwood would be proud of by the looks.

Think it might be Wodonga catholic not sure though ,it is definitely going to be played in Sale again at the main oval which will be a huge trip for the Wodonga boys ,CCS have a got a draw Collingwood would be proud of by the looks.

:eek: huge trip indeed! (especially considering I doubt they'll go over Hotham on a bus meaning 3 hours on a bus to Melbourne down the Hume and then another 2+ on the Monash/Princes.

Catholic College Wodonga makes sense, don't know what they've got in the ranks this year but it's the school that guys like Ben McEvoy and Shaun Atley went to.

:eek: huge trip indeed! (especially considering I doubt they'll go over Hotham on a bus meaning 3 hours on a bus to Melbourne down the Hume and then another 2+ on the Monash/Princes.

Catholic College Wodonga makes sense, don't know what they've got in the ranks this year but it's the school that guys like Ben McEvoy and Shaun Atley went to.
Found out it's actually Wodonga SC do you know anything about them ? They're playing next Wednesday apparently.

I have no doubt in my mind that the St. Pat's boys will go back to back.
You're probably right but so they should be 1/2 decent with the amount of students there as well.CCS do pretty well considering the size of their school compared to some of the opposition they have come up against and beaten in this competition in recent times.Also they don't have the benefit of being in a highly populated area as Ballarat that is continually the recipient of state govt handouts.

bump.
Bernards through to the final today after knocking off EKC. I'm pretty sure they haven't lost a game all year. Would of been a scary team had Daniher stuck around and had McBean played most games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back