Heretier Lumumba racially abused (?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think that the point is the guy's as Australian as you or I, so doesn't deserve to be discriminated as something lesser because he has a Brazilian background.

People come to our country from all sorts of backgrounds, and if they adopt our values and become citizens they deserved to be recognized as Australian full stop.

I reckon Martin Clarke should f**k off back to Ireland and play for Down, but that's a carefully considered opinion rather than a slur.

BTW can we have some pictures of Collingwood's Brazilian fans?

Anything like this?

WCBrazilsambadancers.jpg

That's a bizarre comparison to be making.

Please don't confuse obvious xenophobia with your preferred holiday destination.
You should be telling the reporter not to confuse xenophobia with racism. Sloppy 'reporting'.

Brazil is not a race

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I went up to a Vietnamese person and said "Eff off back to Vietnam" it would be considered racist.
If I went up to a black person and said "Eff off back to Africa" it would be considered racist.

Indeed "eff off back to (insert country here)" is language commonly used by racists. We can only guess whether this supporter is a racist or not based on flimsy evidence; however, if you use linguistic phrases frequently used by racists, prepare to be labelled as one.

He's a twat who acts like he doesn't want to be Australian though. He changed his surname back even though he was raised in Australia by Mr. and Mrs. O'Brien. It's perfectly reasonable to tell him to **** off back to Brazil if he loves it so much better.

You have got to be shitting me.
We all have our views about him - but you can't honestly be saying that he's a "twat" for deciding to revert to his birth name, and trying to incorporate everything that make up his identity.

I'm sorry mate but life is not just simple like that.

He's a twat who acts like he doesn't want to be Australian though. He changed his surname back even though he was raised in Australia by Mr. and Mrs. O'Brien. It's perfectly reasonable to tell him to **** off back to Brazil if he loves it so much better.

Right, so the little glimpse you get of him in public forums is enough evidence for you to make the judgement that he doesn't want to be an Aussie? Nevermind that he's probably done more positive things for this country with charity work than you ever will.

You also seem to ignore the fact that his name was Heritier Lumumba for the first 9 years of his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back