Rumour Heretier Lumumba threatens to quit & Pies say "Good idea"

Remove this Banner Ad

Harry can believe what he wants
Im talking from a public perspective. People seem to want to always take the side of the person who got offended instead of looking at the issue (except on this site, because most hate Harry)
So you speak for the wider public?

Harry was right to raise the issue, the club it seems refused to address it. This sits in opposition of Australian ethical norms. He felt he no longer wanted to work in such an environment. Didn't take it to the public, but instead has decided to quit. Isn't that what people in the past have demanded when others have been critical of their teams.

Yep, he did exactly what his detractors wanted, so why vilify him for the decision?

I know everyone is going to tear into him but I don't think he's done anything wrong. He's just not into the whole 'discrimination' thing and I can dig that.
You can't see how it might get kind of annoying having to work with an employee who yells "discrimination!" at every possible opportunity?

Last year he reckoned he experienced "casual racism" while driving his car. Watched his speech at last year's b&f and wanted to scream. Nothing against sensitive types generally but this man is simply unbearable.

You've conveniently forgotten this was a response to the subject of " casual racism" - when it was topical and he was asked the question,

Nothing like claiming the victim is the perp...eh?

You can't see how it might get kind of annoying having to work with an employee who yells "discrimination!" at every possible opportunity?

If you're not actually discriminating, its something you'll just have to learn to live with. Just someone exercising their democratic rights.

It might be very difficult for someone who plays football and is not open with their sexuality and has millions of dollars on the line. Perhaps you should consider the point of view of the actual employees it might effect, and the standard they for better or worse do set for society, not your mates.

Its as much a workplace health and safety issue as it is a homophobia issue.

You are missing the point of this not being even close to homophobic. It's the equivalent of drawing boobs on a player

But he doesnt...its what...the second time? In a fecking footy club?

I reckon they got off lightly - he could have sued the club...

If he comes out as gay in two years Collingwood are going to be up for ******* millions. You can be sure of that.

This is just nasty and vindictive and pretty arrogant. Child abuse is depressing. The effect it has on people infiltrates so much of their lives and usually stays there until they die. So what if people use it as an excuse? It usually is. And to laugh it off is like laughing off a rape victim for being a bit scared to go out at night...

He's opened up like a sewer about every aspect of his life yet didn't mention the vague unsubstantiated claims of being abused as a child until the height of the criticism of him walking out of Collingwood.

I'm going through quite a tough time at the moment, and I'd just ask you guys for your sensitivities to that. I'm going through a history ... of things for a long time, including a long and very complicated history of sexual abuse, suicide, depression, seeing someone get murdered, knowing that who murdered that person and not being able to say anything, knowing that person will probably murder you. When the times comes, right, I will open up about these issues.​

Pretty standard deflection technique. If facing criticism play the victim card.

You are missing the point of this not being even close to homophobic. It's the equivalent of drawing boobs on a player

I think I explained quite clearly the logic behind why this is precisely homophobic and a possible breach of workplace health and safety guidelines in most industries in Australia if not all. You are welcome to counter my points if you like.

To my knowledge, it's happened twice. Once where a player was given the nickname "Leso" and this one. It's not as if he sees Swan tying his bootlaces and yells "Discrimination! This is offensive to people who don't have fingers and therefore can't tie their laces!"

This worst thing about this is that it doesn't appear that the club sees that they're doing anything wrong and they'd rather get rid of the person pointing out the issue that fixing the issue itself.

You've conveniently forgotten this was a response to the subject of " casual racism" - when it was topical and he was asked the question,

Nothing like claiming the victim is the perp...eh?

Harry hates the world because it isn't perfect, but loves his soapbox. He ain't no statesman.

Have the people talking about legal action etc ever been part of a footy club?

He's opened up like a sewer about every aspect of his life yet didn't mention the vague unsubstantiated claims of being abused as a child until the height of the criticism of him walking out of Collingwood.

I'm going through quite a tough time at the moment, and I'd just ask you guys for your sensitivities to that. I'm going through a history ... of things for a long time, including a long and very complicated history of sexual abuse, suicide, depression, seeing someone get murdered, knowing that who murdered that person and not being able to say anything, knowing that person will probably murder you. When the times comes, right, I will open up about these issues.​

Pretty standard deflection technique. If facing criticism play the victim card.

Actually usually the PR teams thesedays have someon admit a lame substance abuse problem and go on a holiday for a month.

Harry might be a bullshit artist, but I don't think he's playing any cards, or not fully aware of them if he is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Garbage. The clear analogy is that two blokes holding hands are:

A- Automatically gay

B- Something to be laughed at

C - Are "something different&

How hard is it to understand the concept of discrimination ? Its not brain surgery....

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I explained quite clearly the logic behind why this is precisely homophobic and a possible breach of workplace health and safety guidelines in most industries in Australia if not all. You are welcome to counter my points if you like.

Don't use words like "logic" when describing your previous posts please.

As far as I'm concerned you have given nothing to even counter

Probably offensive...but more likely truer than the s**t your mates have been posting about O'Brien.....

You can take a breath now..?
His name IS NOT "O'Brien"!

Stop oppressing him and all black people with your white privilege patriarchy by refusing to acknowledge his true roots as a proud black man with a proud black name.

Probably offensive...but more likely truer than the s**t your mates have been posting about O'Brien.....

You can take a breath now..?

Hey, they're not my mates if they are bagging Harry for the colour of his skin or his sexual orientation. If they are bagging him for being a douche in general, then we may have some common ground. On this matter in particular, well, it's a bit sad that it has even seen the light of day. You'd think and hope the CFC would have acted in a different manner, mainly because what would it have mattered to have removed the poster and "investigated" who was responsible, maybe offered them a little education (which I'm sure would have been token).

I just find there is whole lot of shite that people get offended by which really should just be considered background noise. If you look you'll see I started a thread about Lumumba being racially vilified in being told to "f**k off back to Brazil". I didn't think it was racist in the context of a fan shouting it out at a footy match. Yes, it'd be racist if someone just walked up to someone on the street and did it but I think context gets lost in a lot of what is reported as offensive/racist/homophobic/etc etc, and it is to all our detriment that that is the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't use words like "logic" when describing your previous posts please.

As far as I'm concerned you have given nothing to even counter

This isn't a counter argument at all. This is just grandstanding and trying to act like a big deal.

Please let me know if you wish to continue a mature discussion of the issue.

Garbage. The clear analogy is that two blokes holding hands are:

A- Automatically gay

B- Something to be laughed at

C - Are "something different&

How hard is it to understand the concept of discrimination ? Its not fukn brain surgery....

Precisely. I do believe Jugada is realising this as we speak though.

To my knowledge, it's happened twice. Once where a player was given the nickname "Leso" and this one. It's not as if he sees Swan tying his bootlaces and yells "Discrimination! This is offensive to people who don't have fingers and therefore can't tie their laces!"

This worst thing about this is that it doesn't appear that the club sees that they're doing anything wrong and they'd rather get rid of the person pointing out the issue that fixing the issue itself.
Far as I can see his big issue is that nothing was done after he asked for action.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back