Bumped Heritier Lumumba - Retired today 21/12/2016 (see post #82)

Remove this Banner Ad

Meh stuff him.

He brought it all on to himself plus he was rubbish for a few years. However that goal in the 2010 GF was awesome and I thank him for that.

Meh stuff him.

He brought it all on to himself plus he was rubbish for a few years. However that goal in the 2010 GF was awesome and I thank him for that.

He was rubbish for the second half of this year but and in 2012(because the new gameplan exposed him) but other than that he's been a consistent contributor.

Loved Harry O when he was focused on playing football and not saving the world.

Now he's morphed into Super O he'll be better suited at MFC where he doesn't need to really concentrate on playing football.

upload_2014-10-15_17-40-18.png

I have heard some stories of him doing good things for total strangers.. I think he is misunderstood. Going to miss you Harry (and your Steele tweets, not that there has been any in ages). Good luck at the D's, you are going to need it!

Good luck H thanks for the times and showing up and saying good bye at the B&F unlike that other former player what was his name simion or something ???

Last edited:
Actually seems like seems like a pretty good guy (like Dawes) and it's a pittty he coudn't stay - I definately rate him higher than Varcoe. People forget some of the good footy he played on the wing - added a some real pace and dynamism to the whole 'Collingwood Machine' that we had going a few years back. It would have taken a different type of club culture to accomodate him really. Hope he goes well at the Dees.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing but respect for the man!

A champion Pies player to till the end......especially at the B&F.

I honestly hope he has a great career at the Dees and an even better life after footy.

Always been a fan and very sorry we couldn't find a way to keep him. The loss of Heretier and Beams levels a big hole in our midfield that will be hard to cover. Always sad to lose a flag player. Good luck at MelbourneMelbourne

Yep, I think Heretier does deserve a toast. Was an AA at his best, and seems to be someone who goes against the mould of your stereotypical athlete and actually wants to make a positive contribution to the world around him. I wish him luck both at the Dee's, and in all of his other passions and life outside of football.

All the best H - thanks for some great memories.

Prediction: Heritier Lumumba will win Melbourne's b&f next year.

Congrats H - I met him a couple of times and he was a great guy with a huge heart. Regular top 10 in the B & F, rarely injured, never in trouble from booze or playing up, premiership player, total professional, has pace and height (things we need) - gonna miss him. Lucky Ds have got him. They'll make strides next year and he'll be a huge part of it.

Should never have cut your hair H.
Was never the same after that.
But you're a FLAGPIE!
And thank you for that from the bottom of my heart.
Good luck at the Dees. I'll still silently support you whenever the ball is in your area.

H cutting his hair was like Sampson cutting his. Or was it the change of name.

Now, this is a story all about how
My life got flipped-turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute
Just wait a bit please
I'll tell you how I became the prince of a team called the Dees...

Onya Heritier, one name was never enough for a great character like you. Bust those packs, play with all your heart mate. Absolute favourite of mine, wears his heart on his sleeve so no one is in any doubt what he thinks.

Good Luck Harry. Loved watching him go about it (for the most part), and have been proud to say he plays for my team. Find myself hoping for good things for the dees from here onward, when they're not playing us of course.

Total respect for showing up to the B&F

No booing H in 2015 I say

It really has a breaking up with a ex and still remain friends feel about it lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back