HFNL 2015 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Hearing that along with Tom White that South Warrnambool have also signed Panmure on baller and former Rooster Patrick Mahoney. If this is true the ball is firmly rolling at South.

Spot on the money... Spies tell me there are 3 or 4 more signings to come including very well credentialed player from the VAFA. Seems to be a bit of momentum building at Sth.

Paddy Mahony definitely be a regular senior player. Played senior footy for Sth as a young player when they had very strong sides. Paddy very capable half fwd/on baller. Not saying he is as good as player as Tempy but Tempy started at Sth was in and out after U/18's went to Colliegans for a couple of years and the rest is history in terms of what he has achieved both individually and in terms of team success.
I guess my point is these young players such as Mahony and White can quite often come back as much improved and more rounded players at their second crack at HFNL. Would have thought both these blokes are much more accomplished players than James Fary who went from not getting a game in Vale 2014 flag side to playing every game for Warrnambool this year. Sam Wilson is another player who has become a regular at Warrnambool over the last 3 or 4 years after coming across from an ordinary Creek side. More and more players from the WDFNL are proving to be capable HFNL players

Couldn't agree more on these points Old utensil

Looks like south are recruiting some quality players... The other sides that finished outside of the 5 had better get a wriggle along or they will get left behind!!

Let's not give us to much hype just yet haha we only beat north really last year and that was when they were depleted with injuries.. A few more recruits will be needed. But so far things look better

Let's not give us to much hype just yet haha we only beat north really last year and that was when they were depleted with injuries.. A few more recruits will be needed. But so far things look better
Recruiting's one thing, but you must still retain your players. If Souths lose 6 senior players after they recruit a few, there's still no net gain. Souths still need a net gain of 10 guys, so they can have numbers and depth in the reserves. If the league lower the unders 18.5 grade, by half a year or 1 year, this will help South's depth for the adult grades, plus other clubs as well. The league needs 2 change this now.

I was talking someone who is close to the South officials today who said Jeremy McDonald is a very good chance to come back? Anyone got something more concrete on this? If he is and over the injuries could be a handy inclusion as well. He also said that South are into a lot of district juniors as well. It will be interesting to see what comes out of it all but the place seems to be buzzing and keeping this feed healthy! I still think they will need a marquee player if they are to challenge top 3.
Holmer to play all year at Port Fairy next year.
Koroit into a couple of talented Hamilton juniors.
Terang a coach looks an interesting appointment I look forward to one of Justines hard hitting interviews to see what type of coach they have.
Interesting that North have been quiet apart from a few past players coming back perhaps at the end of the budget?
Portland losing Moody is huge. He was the shining light at that club.
Any word on a Hamilton coach?

I was talking someone who is close to the South officials today who said Jeremy McDonald is a very good chance to come back? Anyone got something more concrete on this? If he is and over the injuries could be a handy inclusion as well. He also said that South are into a lot of district juniors as well. It will be interesting to see what comes out of it all but the place seems to be buzzing and keeping this feed healthy! I still think they will need a marquee player if they are to challenge top 3.
Holmer to play all year at Port Fairy next year.
Koroit into a couple of talented Hamilton juniors.
Terang a coach looks an interesting appointment I look forward to one of Justines hard hitting interviews to see what type of coach they have.
Interesting that North have been quiet apart from a few past players coming back perhaps at the end of the budget?
Portland losing Moody is huge. He was the shining light at that club.
Any word on a Hamilton coach?

Agree that this forum is being dominated by the South contingent, but just as well as there is not much coming from anywhere else (excepting the Tiger boys and Hampden Mads Saints views) Sadly the other clubs have pretty poor input. Still at least the site has been active over the last month.

I don't think South need or want to challenge for top 3 next season, I think they need stability and steady improvement with such a young side. I think for much of the competition from 5-10 that is what they will be striving to do! You don't run before you crawl. Koroit and Warrnambool will still be the benchmark sides and North will stay there about as well. If anything Warrnambool may even take the leap to move past Koroit with Rowan back in the side and if Koroit were to lose the Dobsons, Goodall and Gow.

Camperdown look to have maintained majority of their list - as mentioned a few weeks ago signed one medium forward and have a full forward from qld (mate if the coach) committed - 22 yo and 195cm pending employment

2 or 3 others in the pipeline - kick off preseason in 10 days

Not much happening at Cobden - been chasing Horan and Hinkley from newtown in gfl but looks like they will stay put - still hoping Ex maskell medalust will come back but he has opened a gym in Camperdown - a little birdy tells me he could be doing pre season with a black & white birdy - who would know ...

I did hear that Levi Dare had been approached by both Cobden and Camperdown and thought about returning to Cobden but Camperdown used some leverage in terms of players using his gym if that was the case. Levi then informed both clubs he would be playing in Colac. Not confirmed of course but interesting

He has confirmed he will be doing preseason with magpies but as usual he will take his time confirming where he plays - new points system may well come into play though as other recruits pending

Good to see the Magpies looking as though they may be challenging the top 3,4,5 again if these recruits are handy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A number of koroit players leaving to Hawkesdale Macarthur in 2016, james north alex white jaden whitehead to name a few.

Sma Dobosn heading to GFL. Any other news on Koroit?

Whats happening at Warrnambool? Mcytnre gone? Chirnsides staying

A number of koroit players leaving to Hawkesdale Macarthur in 2016, james north alex white jaden whitehead to name a few.

Sma Dobosn heading to GFL. Any other news on Koroit?

Whats happening at Warrnambool? Mcytnre gone? Chirnsides staying

Dobson is weighing up options currently training with Essendon FC as is his brother Ben but both likely not to be playing at Koroit next season. Not surprised some of those ressies players are off to Hawkesdale.

McIntyre is staying on as assistant coach and will return to the field around June. Chirnsides staying put at this stage. Nothing much new to report really.

Hearing a murmur Dean Gavin may be leaving the Eagles next season. A valuable midfield cog for the Eagles who has had a couple of seasons interrupted by injury.

Hearing a murmur Dean Gavin may be leaving the Eagles next season. A valuable midfield cog for the Eagles who has had a couple of seasons interrupted by injury.
Have also heard that one. Goes overseas soon and when he returns is weighing up whether to stay with eagles or go back up north apparently. When his been fit has been very handy for them. Would hurt them to lose him, gap could close between them and the few chasing below.
South started training last night. Which I thought was a touch early but although I didn't attend I was told there was solid numbers- 30+..

What is Dean Gavin going to do? Another Hamden league club?

WHere are Ben and Sam Dobson going? Bothnessendon vfl?

What about the grahams?

Looking forward to joining the forum and contributing!

Have also heard that one. Goes overseas soon and when he returns is weighing up whether to stay with eagles or go back up north apparently. When his been fit has been very handy for them. Would hurt them to lose him, gap could close between them and the few chasing below.
South started training last night. Which I thought was a touch early but although I didn't attend I was told there was solid numbers- 30+..

50+ by my source! Great start for them. Long way to go but nice numbers.

Dean Gavin heading north to O&M or even further possibly with his brother in QLD. As I said earlier never knock a bloke wanting to play better footy. Good luck to him! Big loss for Eagles for sure.

Ben and Sam Dobson and few others were invited to train with Essendon VFL so it will depend on final cuts etc before they decide future.

Graham's are an unknown at moment. Wouldn't be surprised if they left or if they stayed. Stay tuned.

Welcome aboard Davej! Read through some old posts to catch up on rumours.

50+ by my source! Great start for them. Long way to go but nice numbers.

Dean Gavin heading north to O&M or even further possibly with his brother in QLD. As I said earlier never knock a bloke wanting to play better footy. Good luck to him! Big loss for Eagles for sure.

Ben and Sam Dobson and few others were invited to train with Essendon VFL so it will depend on final cuts etc before they decide future.

Graham's are an unknown at moment. Wouldn't be surprised if they left or if they stayed. Stay tuned.

Welcome aboard Davej! Read through some old posts to catch up on rumours.
Trav has had another falling out with Warrnambool after they asked him to take a pay cut back to $100 a game... Warrnambool seem to be almost pushing him out of the place. Darcy will play wherever Trav goes.....

Well if that's true that is unbelievable that you would do that to a champion of your club. I really hope he goes to another Hampden club and plays the great football that he is capable of doing!

Trav has had another falling out with Warrnambool after they asked him to take a pay cut back to $100 a game... Warrnambool seem to be almost pushing him out of the place. Darcy will play wherever Trav goes.....
If that's true that's s**t house form by wbool. Willing to pay huge amounts of money for a recruit (McIntyre) and taking $100 off a 200 game premiership player, clearly pushing him out the door..
I'd say there would be a lot of pressure from his brother to go across to dennington. His way to good for that league. Be disappointing if he was to go there this early in his career.

Come across to rooster land haha.

So will Koenig be favorite for premiership next year still?

Any other rumors floating around with warrnamnool? Who have south got?

If that's true that's s**t house form by wbool. Willing to pay huge amounts of money for a recruit (McIntyre) and taking $100 off a 200 game premiership player, clearly pushing him out the door..
I'd say there would be a lot of pressure from his brother to go across to dennington. His way to good for that league. Be disappointing if he was to go there this early in his career.

Come across to rooster land haha.

Be very careful - I don't think many clubs are squeaky clean in regard to reducing some player payments. Not even the Roosters - otherwise why all the player movements in the past??? I would suggest he would probably want to play finals so Koroit or even Port Fairy might be more of an option.

Be very careful - I don't think many clubs are squeaky clean in regard to reducing some player payments. Not even the Roosters - otherwise why all the player movements in the past??? I would suggest he would probably want to play finals so Koroit or even Port Fairy might be more of an option.
I know what you mean And I agree, but even if that was south doing that I would say the same.
Id say koroit would be a fair chance, heard he also had talks with north.
I think he may even take the year off and fish then play in Darwin again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back