Opinion Higgins: On the outer or on the move?

Remove this Banner Ad

Go and go now

He has had long enough to show us he gives a sh!t

Let's not reward anyone for half assed effort and lack of loyalty

If the guy had any loyalty he would have re-signed already due to the love the club has already shown him thru injury and poor performance instead of shopping himself around.

Leave coz if you stay you will not be supported by most anyway.

Is that all he said?
KB said Garlick said they are trying to keep him and Denham said something like 'That's a joke, he is gone for sure'. That was about it.

Just about to talk about the Dogs now.

I think I can be quoted as saying earlier in the season that "Greg Denham has all the journalistic credibility and integrity of Joseph Goebbels."

Let us know what else he says about the Dogs.

Shouldn't be overly rewarded for his next contract with us. Would be about 15/18 on our list.
If he gets a better offer as a FA then go. I am not bothered either way with Higgins.
Good skills, looks great but doesn't do enough. Not durable and at times looks disinterested.
I have the feeling he will be in other colours next year.

Tha
Shouldn't be overly rewarded for his next contract with us. Would be about 15/18 on our list.
If he gets a better offer as a FA then go. I am not bothered either way with Higgins.
Good skills, looks great but doesn't do enough. Not durable and at times looks disinterested.
I have the feeling he will be in other colours next year.
That's what a like to call a 'Hyundai Sonata' - looks the goods, with the bells and whistles, chrome etc, but....

Last edited:
Tha
That's what a like to call a 'Hyundai Sonata' - looks the goods, with the bells and whistles, chrome etc, but is really a
underperforming turd
I don't regard him as a turd, but certainly his career has been unfulfilled.
He doesn't deserve a big contract on his potential output, we need to give him a contract on his known output. If too low for Shaun, so be it.

I don't regard him as a turd, but certainly his career has been unfulfilled.
He doesn't deserve a big contract on his potential output, we need to give him a contract on his known output. If too low for Shaun, so be it.
Nor do I, just thought I would throw the Sonata analogy out there.....I would rather we kept him, but his lack of loyalty after the club sticking by him is disappointing.

Last edited:
I think everyone needs to take a good look at thenselves considering some of the stuff they are posting here.

While Higgins has never lived up to his full potential I think we need to look at what he's gone through in terms of coming back from numerous operations and the hours and hours he must have spent in rehab in dedication to our club's cause.

I think everyone needs to take a good look at thenselves considering some of the stuff they are posting here.

While Higgins has never lived up to his full potential I think we need to look at what he's gone through in terms of coming back from numerous operations and the hours and hours he must have spent in rehab in dedication to our club's cause.
Have to agree there. Had very few expectations for Williams, Cordy, Higgins and Wood this season since they had hardly played in 12 or 13. It takes a long time go get back into the flow of AFL if you are missing for a season or two. Have a look at Daisy Thomas- best player in the comp 3 years ago, pretty ordinary in 2014. Would be looking for big years from Cordy, Higgins and Wood in 2015.

And even if he knew R23 was his last game, at least he put in more than Ward did in his last game with us. Ward hung around Gia after the game to get a hug - I know they're all mates, but if I was Gia, I would have said "**** off".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And even if he knew R23 was his last game, at least he put in more than Ward did in his last game with us. Ward hung around Gia after the game to get a hug - I know they're all mates, but if I was Gia, I would have said "**** off".
You are kidding, Ward never, ever gave anything but his best. Get over yourself.
Callan Ward did what all players in his position should do, he couldn't knock back that once in a lifetime contract. Seriously Ivan, if you were offered 3 times what you were earning at your job you would jump also.
Don't blame him, blame the AFL for putting that temptation in front of him.
Sick of Callan Ward bashers, the kid played his heart out for us and also for GWS.

You are kidding, Ward never, ever gave anything but his best. Get over yourself.
Callan Ward did what all players in his position should do, he couldn't knock back that once in a lifetime contract. Seriously Ivan, if you were offered 3 times what you were earning at your job you would jump also.
Don't blame him, blame the AFL for putting that temptation in front of him.
Sick of Callan Ward bashers, the kid played his heart out for us and also for GWS.

He played his heart out - except for that last game, which was obvious all through the game. He knew he was gone before the ball was bounced, regardless of whatever bullshit he and our club and the GWS spun at the time. I don't blame him for accepting the contract, but I don't feel any compunction to like him, so get over yourself, and don't put words in my mouth!

R u serious???

I know Callan and this is a joke

The kid got offered 580k per year and was going to turn it down to stay with us, then Dale Thomas turned down a move to GWS and they upped the offer to 800k a year for 5 years.

Anyone that thinks he should have stayed at the 450 for 4 years that he dogs offered him are kidding themselves.

It was one of the hardest calls of his life and no matter whether you like him or not we has never played at anything less than 110%.

Sorry Ivan gotta strongly disagree with this one mate

If 5 years, $800k for a 22 year old only nets us a 1st round compo pick, surely melbourne only get band 2 at best for $500k a year for 26 year old frawley. Surely. Come on afl.

Had to do with where u r on the ladder at that stage fronk.

Was explained on SEN today

Ladder position

Go and go now

He has had long enough to show us he gives a sh!t

Let's not reward anyone for half assed effort and lack of loyalty

If the guy had any loyalty he would have re-signed already due to the love the club has already shown him thru injury and poor performance instead of shopping himself around.

Leave coz if you stay you will not be supported by most anyway.
You say this about Higgins.. but you have a different set of rules for Jones?

R u serious???

I know Callan and this is a joke

The kid got offered 580k per year and was going to turn it down to stay with us, then Dale Thomas turned down a move to GWS and they upped the offer to 800k a year for 5 years.

Anyone that thinks he should have stayed at the 450 for 4 years that he dogs offered him are kidding themselves.

It was one of the hardest calls of his life and no matter whether you like him or not we has never played at anything less than 110%.

Sorry Ivan gotta strongly disagree with this one mate

Matt, pls read my reply to zephi earlier. I can understand him taking the money, that's not my issue with him. But obviously his heart wasn't in his last game. If that was the case, he should have stood out of the game. Whether it was stress, or whatever, he may have thought he was playing at 100%, but his output showed otherwise. He knew well and truly before that game that he was leaving, or his performance wouldn't have been so half-hearted. That is my issue with him.

He left the club for more money, good luck to him, but the way he went out was less than respectful to the club and his team-mates, let alone the supporters.

Matt, pls read my reply to zephi earlier. I can understand him taking the money, that's not my issue with him. But obviously his heart wasn't in his last game. If that was the case, he should have stood out of the game. Whether it was stress, or whatever, he may have thought he was playing at 100%, but his output showed otherwise. He knew well and truly before that game that he was leaving, or his performance wouldn't have been so half-hearted. That is my issue with him.

He left the club for more money, good luck to him, but the way he went out was less than respectful to the club and his team-mates, let alone the supporters.

I disagree with your ending and perhaps if you know that he had a broken wrist on his last game and that's why he has surgery on it and missed mad Monday may change your opinion a touch

But your entitled to your opinion and boo who u wish mate

You say this about Higgins.. but you have a different set of rules for Jones?

Explain??

Jones is 23 and hasn't been lazy since day on, he clearly has an issue at the club at the moment of his or someone else doing

Higgins has been injured ax much as not and when he wasn't have half asses efforts and jogged around. The club have shown him years of faith

I don't want him to return it I want him gone and think for the best of the club they should let him go

Why do a lot of our own boo Higgins when we play? Ain't coz they love him mate

Explain??

Jones is 23 and hasn't been lazy since day on, he clearly has an issue at the club at the moment of his or someone else doing

Higgins has been injured ax much as not and when he wasn't have half asses efforts and jogged around. The club have shown him years of faith

I don't want him to return it I want him gone and think for the best of the club they should let him go

Why do a lot of our own boo Higgins when we play? Ain't coz they love him mate
Because of the bullshit perception that he's "soft" because he's an outside distributor.

He can be lazy at times but he's not soft.

If 5 years, $800k for a 22 year old only nets us a 1st round compo pick, surely melbourne only get band 2 at best for $500k a year for 26 year old frawley. Surely. Come on afl.
As much as we wont like it, I am almost certain Frawley will win them a Band 1 compo if only part of a subversive equalisation measure. Similar to a few years ago when Port did surprisingly well for average FA's that left, and how the Hawks got the raw end of the stick for there's .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back