Hird & EFC Smashed by Middleton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well there wasn't much forgiveness shown. How much money does EFC actually have to throw away?
The club is a tub being run by butchers, bakers and candlestick makers.
I really hope the members with half a brain finally stand up and rid the AFL of the Hird Cancer.

Flight Plan V2

5-Relay-979872.jpg

We are assuming that finally reality will dawn and that they will admit fault, admit they ran a program of unspecified drugs and accept all punishment.

But if we have found out anything in this whole saga, is that admitting fault and liability, doesn't come easily to any at Essendon and would not necessarily, be their next course of action. Having lost the court case, having notices against the players now valid and in play, at what stage will the towel hit the canvas?

Or will it be the departure of Ryder, Carlisle, etc etc before they admit wrongdoing? Or will it go further still, as they can't admit they are cheats? It seems their belief is that it isn't cheating, if you believe in what you are doing.

It does seem like a photo of a punch drunk fighter, getting up after being clubbed to the canvas repeatedly would be appropriate here. We all know he is gone, he knows he is gone, but he is waiting until he is knocked out before the fight is over. Was this judgement against them on every matter, the knock out blow?

Last edited:
The commentary on this will obviously about poor decisions made by EFC, a bit like when a team heavily favoured to win loses and then all the talk is about what went wrong for the losers with little to no discussion about the winners.

But I'd be interested in people's thoughts about what this means for ASADA. Is this a decision a resounding endorsement of their (relatively) quiet and methodical approach to this investigation?

I certainly think they will be quietly emboldened by the outcome.

Regards

S. Pete

Hird is clearly an absolute egomaniac and poisonous to the Essendon Football Club. How can they have him back?
No idea how they don't see it. This whole thing completely stains his career as a player as you have to look back at him and see him as an egotistical player who only served himself and didn't give a crap about his team mates, that's certainly how his coaching career has been

We are assuming that finally reality will dawn and that they will admit fault, admit they ran a program of unspecified drugs and accept all punishment.

But if we have found out anything in this whole saga, is that admitting fault and liability, doesn't come easily to any at Essendon
To be fair they always admitted they had poor governance - but that was always qualified with the claims of Rogue Agents being to blame for the actual administration of drugs... which they claim their players were never given... but they can't say what their players were given...

It gets confusing.

Really was this a surprise?

ASADA had a retired Federal Court judge review their case who was an expert in Administrative law and gave them the green light.

So what do Essendon do? Appeal on administrative grounds.

Not terribly bright down there.
It would have always been a roll of the dice which they had to take.

I cannot recall where I read the claims that there was a lot of insurance money riding on this?

I cannot recall where I read the claims that there was a lot of insurance money riding on this?

Never heard that, would be interesting, I guess some of the policies re directors indemnity, health cover might have clauses ruling out cover in something like this occurs.

Never heard that, would be interesting, I guess some of the policies re directors indemnity, health cover might have clauses ruling out cover in something like this occurs.
Ever applied for life insurance? A whole lot of "lifestyle" questions to answer, which are basically 15 different ways of asking if you've ever been injected outside a legitimate healthcare setting.

There's 34 million worth of policies up for review.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I forget where, but I remember reading EFC have insurance covering 90% of the costs if they avoid conviction. like all reports on this though, I'd take it with a grain of salt

The commentary on this will obviously about poor decisions made by EFC, a bit like when a team heavily favoured to win loses and then all the talk is about what went wrong for the losers with little to no discussion about the winners.

But I'd be interested in people's thoughts about what this means for ASADA. Is this a decision a resounding endorsement of their (relatively) quiet and methodical approach to this investigation?

Regards

S. Pete
ASADA have been under everyone else's expected timetable and a lot of the criticism has been that they were going too slow, when it is probably the case that they have been doing everything on their terms and in their own, but reasonable, time. It is a complicated case with a mountain of documents and a fairly small organisation.

Regards

S. Pete

I'm not sure about 'emboldened' is the right way to describe thier mood post-judgement, but my first impressions are that the legal character of joint investigations has gotten a lot less murky.

Regards

S. Pete
I think the substance was that ASADA and the AFL received the information instantaneously, so ASADA did not give anything to the AFL which they did not already have.

On the flip side, it was correct for ASADA to piggy back on the AFL's forced interviews.

I forget where, but I remember reading EFC have insurance covering 90% of the costs if they avoid conviction. like all reports on this though, I'd take it with a grain of salt

you saw it on the dons board - probably rines. go cry with them.

the supporters have burnt their club to the ground - only themselves to blame now.

ASADA have been under everyone else's expected timetable and a lot of the criticism has been that they were going too slow, when it is probably the case that they have been doing everything on their terms and in their own, but reasonable, time. It is a complicated case with a mountain of documents and a fairly small organisation.
Yep. I think they have held the line very well. And apparently, so does the court.

no chance in hell. they will not ever buy the argument that its their own fault.

the japanese soldiers of 1945 didnt have the mindless 'til death' attitude of these dons fans.

Trying to remember that myself. Believe it involved the legal fees being financed by corporate insurance, but that money to be forfeited if they lost the case?

I know that ain't quite right, but it did have that flavour to it.

Yep. I think they have held the line very well. And apparently, so does the court.

He also specifically went out of his way to defend AA after listing her as the only witness who had been impugned.

However one looks at this, this is a massive loss for EFC and Mr. Hird. Costs too; anyone know what they run too?

you saw it on the dons board - probably rines. go cry with them.

the supporters have burnt their club to the ground - only themselves to blame now.

Wasn't there - it was the HTB but I forget the thread and the link from the person who posted it (pretty sure it was non-don, but honestly can't remember)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back