Hird gone - Egan interim coach, Little gone after WADA appeal. TROLLS WILL BE CARDED

Feb 4, 2001
East Burwood
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
Just heard on sen from Robbo that Hird knocked back 3.5million to walk away at the end of 2014 when he got back from France. Anyone who thinks that this guy was just looking after his own interests are delusional. He clearly wanted to ride this storm out with the players.
3.5 ! Loose change for jimmy.

Jul 5, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
We are basically in a position where we need to win tattslotto to succeed. Most supporters who are realistic know we are starting from the bottom again and it may take another 5 years to see a modicum of success of finals.

Can't see the playing group turn it around. Mentally soft. We need to gut about 5 senior long term players immediately and hope we nail 3 drafts in a row.

Not even GC or GWS have succeeded in 5 years and they've been handed every thing under the sun.

All smoke and mirrors at the moment. We'll be lucky to win 4 games next year.
Agree with you that we will more than likely be struggling in the immediate future....I think we will really get on board once again and enjoy footy when our team is full of young kids on the rise playing exciting games like the doggies atm. Zac merret was a joy to watch this year...I think we need a team full of kids like him. Watching the blokes that have been through this will bring up pain full memories as harsh as it sounds. I will buy my membership...I will follow the team...but it feels like it will be ages before I will actually enjoy it how I used to.

Thebisc

Senior List
Jun 13, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
We are basically in a position where we need to win tattslotto to succeed. Most supporters who are realistic know we are starting from the bottom again and it may take another 5 years to see a modicum of success of finals.

Can't see the playing group turn it around. Mentally soft. We need to gut about 5 senior long term players immediately and hope we nail 3 drafts in a row.

Not even GC or GWS have succeeded in 5 years and they've been handed every thing under the sun.

All smoke and mirrors at the moment. We'll be lucky to win 4 games next year.
You seem like a glass half empty kind of a guy!

From other posts of yours I've glanced at you seemed confident we would be able to turn things around once Wada was done and dusted.

What a snake Little is. Completely botched everything. Lost Bomber, then lost Hird. Beggars belief the incompetence.
But I thought Bomber was at fault for all our woes!

Which is it, kelv?

Mate, I get it. You're upset. I think a lot of people are. I've been of the view Hird was on borrowed time for a while and I still think it's a sad day for our club and not at all handled well.

However, this potting of the players for being soft...given what they've been through and are still going through, I think it's pretty crap.

Apr 30, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
You seem like a glass half empty kind of a guy!

From other posts of yours I've glanced at you seemed confident we would be able to turn things around once Wada was done and dusted.

Was confident of us turning it around once WADA was gone and we had a good injury run next year but the sacking means we are headed down a scary path.

I reckon a few players will either jump or be looking to jump ship and start to facilitate their move. It may not happen this trade period but they'll sound out their manager and the ball will roll. Carlisle's comments speak volumes. Players never play to their optimum when they are looking elsewhere.

Add a new coach who'll want assurances of a 3 year rebuild and it means the club will be happy to wear it.

Once you get the playing group into a mental state of rebuild you are dangerous territory.

Thebisc

Senior List
Jun 13, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Once you get the playing group into a mental state of rebuild you are dangerous territory.[/QUOTE]

I reckon any mental state will be better than what it was this year. I think the old fashioned 'rebuild' is a thing of the past. The way teams like Port, Doggies, Eagles have quickly turned things around should give any list confidence that each season brings a fresh chance at glory!
Unless you're Melbourne

Apr 30, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
But I thought Bomber was at fault for all our woes!

Which is it, kelv?

Mate, I get it. You're upset. I think a lot of people are. I've been of the view Hird was on borrowed time for a while and I still think it's a sad day for our club and not at all handled well.

However, this potting of the players for being soft...given what they've been through and are still going through, I think it's pretty crap.

Never said Bomber was at fault for all our woes. Said he should also wear a fair portion of the blame. He did start the slow, chip game plan last year but no one seems to acknowledge it.

The Hird and Bomber team where working great together. When separated it fell apart. The board and Little have lost the plot.

We have a number of mentally soft players like all mid range teams. One too many. Don't think its something we all didn't know.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
Was confident of us turning it around once WADA was gone and we had a good injury run next year but the sacking means we are headed down a scary path.

I reckon a few players will either jump or be looking to jump ship and start to facilitate their move. It may not happen this trade period but they'll sound out their manager and the ball will roll. Carlisle's comments speak volumes. Players never play to their optimum when they are looking elsewhere.

Add a new coach who'll want assurances of a 3 year rebuild and it means the club will be happy to wear it.

Once you get the playing group into a mental state of rebuild you are dangerous territory.

Any mental state will be better than this one.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
Never said Bomber was at fault for all our woes. Said he should also wear a fair portion of the blame. He did start the slow, chip game plan last year but no one seems to acknowledge it.

The Hird and Bomber team where working great together. When separated it fell apart. The board and Little have lost the plot.

We have a number of mentally soft players like all mid range teams. One too many. Don't think its something we all didn't know.

Rubbish. It was doomed from the start with the appointment of Weapon and Dank.

It separated after 2013. In 2014 we played a final and gave a good account of ourselves.

It fell apart this year.

The slow, chip game plan has little to do with our current woes because if it were so horribly responsible, it could have been reversed by Hird this year in the same way that Bomber changed the game plan between 2013 and 2014.

Bomber's game plan had its deficiencies, of course. It wasn't good for attack. It also was good for defence so it had its good points too.

I think the simple reality is that the current playing group probably aren't quite there and haven't ever been. Not saying they're bad, but premiership quality? Nah.

Of course, injuries and of course, WADA, have been huge negative factors too.

I don't disagree with you, kelvin, in regards to Little. I have no time for him because I believe he is fundamentally a bad chairman.

Apr 30, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Rubbish. It was doomed from the start with the appointment of Weapon and Dank.

It separated after 2013. In 2014 we played a final and gave a good account of ourselves.

It fell apart this year.

Sorry mate but it needs to be repeated ad nauseum as you guys have your heads buried in the sand. In 2014 we had a ruckman and our best every injury run for a long time. 3 or 4 mid range clubs capitulated due to injury and we got their with our senior core midfield in Watson, Heppell, Zaka, Hocking & Myers doing the business.

The fact that the players wanted Hird to stay suggests they are frustrated at the club moreso than anything else. Unless you get sweeping changes in the club then they'll continue to show the lukewarm response to it and the results will follow.

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Sorry mate but it needs to be repeated ad nauseum as you guys have your heads buried in the sand. In 2014 we had a ruckman and our best every injury run for a long time. 3 or 4 mid range clubs capitulated due to injury and we got their with our senior core midfield in Watson, Heppell, Zaka, Hocking & Myers doing the business.

The fact that the players wanted Hird to stay suggests they are frustrated at the club moreso than anything else. Unless you get sweeping changes in the club then they'll continue to show the lukewarm response to it and the results will follow.

As Goddard said on AFL 360 the other night the club has to move on from Hird can't afford to dwell on his departure.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon

Of course the players wanted him. They love him. He's their mate.

Is that gonna win us a flag?

No. It won't even get us within 100 points of St Kilda.

Don't mind me guys, head is buried in the sand.

I'm sorry kelvin, but as long as you continue to throw that kind of rubbish around, I'm not sure how you expect to get serious responses from people.

We all have our blind spots, including you.

Back