History says we'll finish 9th. How do you feel about that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 2, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brothers of Destruction
1994 - Finished 9th on percentage. 12-10 93.00; Collingwood 12-10 99.00. Lost the final two games of the season by an average of 100 points. We played the two top 4 teams in Carlton and Geelong. All we needed to do was not get smashed…we got smashed.

1996 - Finished 9th, two points out of the 8. Required to beat the 2nd place and eventual premiers North Melbourne. Had 8th placed Hawthorn covered on percentage. We lost by 35 points, we finished 9th.

1998 - Finished 9th, on percentage to Essendon. Only 4 percentage points behind them. Got smashed by 4th placed Melbourne in the final round where Jeff Farmer took the mark of the year.

2000 - Finished 9th, on small percentage and one game behind 8th placed Hawthorn. Got belted in the final round by 2nd placed Carlton.

2006 - Finished 9th, two games out of the 8.

2008 - Finished 9th, two points and percentage out of the eight after a rampant run home where we won 6 of our last 8.

Each time we pretty much got belted by a top 4 team in the last round. It's history.

After Brett Deledio's timid interview on FoxFooty, it seemed like we're showing 'perspective' and 'hopeful' we can take this form into next season. When absolutely this is NEVER the case. Very careful with his words on Sydney, taking it as 'nothing to lose' attitude when in reality its EVERYTHING to lose.

I know the media is pumping us up, I know people can't help but be enthralled by 8 in a row but history is against us, today's form was unimpressive and this thread is just a reality check. We won't make the 8 and we most likely won't take this form into next season, next season is ages away and 2014 has no bearing what so ever on 2015.

This was a good run, if you're religious, please pray, but ultimately we won't make it against the swans. History shows we'll get convincingly beaten.

I really hope we win, what a story would it be, I hope this thread is karma, I'll happily wipe the egg off my face, I'll buy a ticket to Adelaide, but all signs point to no. And a convincing one at that.

1994 - Finished 9th on percentage. 12-10 93.00; Collingwood 12-10 99.00. Lost the final two games of the season by an average of 100 points. We played the two top 4 teams in Carlton and Geelong. All we needed to do was not get smashed…we got smashed.

1996 - Finished 9th, two points out of the 8. Required to beat the 2nd place and eventual premiers North Melbourne. Had 8th placed Hawthorn covered on percentage. We lost by 35 points, we finished 9th.

1998 - Finished 9th, on percentage to Essendon. Only 4 percentage points behind them. Got smashed by 4th placed Melbourne in the final round where Jeff Farmer took the mark of the year.

2000 - Finished 9th, on small percentage and one game behind 8th placed Hawthorn. Got belted in the final round by 2nd placed Carlton.

2006 - Finished 9th, two games out of the 8.

2008 - Finished 9th, two points and percentage out of the eight after a rampant run home where we won 6 of our last 8.

Each time we pretty much got belted by a top 4 team in the last round. It's history.

After Brett Deledio's timid interview on FoxFooty, it seemed like we're showing 'perspective' and 'hopeful' we can take this form into next season. When absolutely this is NEVER the case. Very careful with his words on Sydney, taking it as 'nothing to lose' attitude when in reality its EVERYTHING to lose.

I know the media is pumping us up, I know people can't help but be enthralled by 8 in a row but history is against us, today's form was unimpressive and this thread is just a reality check. We won't make the 8 and we most likely won't take this form into next season, next season is ages away and 2014 has no bearing what so ever on 2015.

This was a good run, if you're religious, please pray, but ultimately we won't make it against the swans. History shows we'll get convincingly beaten.

I really hope we win, what a story would it be, I hope this thread is karma, I'll happily wipe the egg off my face, I'll buy a ticket to Adelaide, but all signs point to no. And a convincing one at that.

I don't see how any of that is relevant tbh.

Couldn't care less, been a great run, and indicative of how we played last year. That is the norm, and that is to be expected next year, not the first half of the season.

But expect both the Crows and Eagles to win, and us to lose, thus finishing 10th, rendering this thread moot.

A long winded OP that has absolutely nothing to do with next week or next year. Who cares what history says? We are going to make new history.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back