Hockey blasts attitude of 'entitlement'

Remove this Banner Ad

Any evidence for this?
Most union members are PAYEs, so they don't get much opportunity to dodge tax.
Sounds like your repeating the bullshit you've been fed.
There are 2 types of Abbott supporters: Those who are very wealthy and lack empathy and morals, or those who have been conned into voting against their own interests by propaganda aimed at the gullible, fearful, naive and simple.

Any evidence of this?

I agree she should be made to pay and big time, but dont go after the ones who inherit the family home and a bit of cash. I have no issue for murdoch and packer to have an inheritance tax as their wealth is obscene and most likely obtained in an improper way.

wtf.. and here you are going on about bludging!

Those are the worst ones, pretentious shielded snobs with absolutely no comprehension of true insecurity or hardship, pampered plumped up useless brats. You can't say the same for someone struggling with autism or schizophrenia who get's a measly 20k a year that can't even afford Q10 co-enzymes let alone immunotherapy sessions and other s**t required while they're making an effort to improve and rebuild their health.

Science points to these boomers creating these illnesses with their industrial revolution so they should have no problem paying as they're directly liable for them. An example would be in Gippsland particularly around the Morwell area where the cancer rate is triple of that in Melbourne as a result of the coal plant that operates in the area. Now these people are probably terminal on the pension, and the degenerative boomers like Gina want to kick them off when their Hazelwood power station is directly accountable! Gina needs to get a ******* wake up call and start curing the cancer she's caused before trying to attack these people she's way of the mark! A more rational approach would be doing their dishes, wiping their ass, working for them for $0 a day etc.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Social welfare is fantastic and the measure of our success post ww2.

We have moved in line with our global competitors in a controlled trading environment.

But that has all changed!

The world is a different place and we have inbuilt costs that can't compete in the modern global trading environment where racist trade barriers no longer exist or are decreased.

We need to reform and reduce our costs to compete!

But the measure of our success will not be how low can we go but how quick and how high we can get the emerging world to adopt sensible social welfare.

Wouldn't it be good to have 100% employment, a great affordable health system for all, great education systems and a hand up like the dole in tough times!

We will never achieve utopia but we can try. In this case it requires a step back to move forward. Anyone who can't see that is refusing to open their eyes to globalisation.

I can't possibly disagree with this.

Get rid of all the middle class welfare crap and a bunch of tax loopholes that can only be accessed by the very rich (family trusts should be taxed as companies, certain tax breaks on investment properties that just force prices up for those that need to buy a house, etc). Then put all those billions of $ saved into important stuff like:

1. Healthcare.

Quality healthcare shouldn't be the domain of solely the middle-upper classes. A huge portion of people can't afford private healthcare (no matter what the rebate) so we need a quality public system. If people want to buy private health insurance fine but the government shouldn't be paying for it. It'll cost the government a little bit more but the money saved by the middle class not having to scrounge for private cover will stimulate the economy somewhat.

2. Education.

It's absurd that we don't have enough skilled workers to fill vacant positions. Education is the best way to keep people off the dole.

3. Infrastructure.

Good infrastructure is good investment. Public transport in our major cities is for the most part woeful and stretched to breaking point. Other transport projects have been neglected and an NBN type network (maybe something similar could be done cheaper) is a must.

4. Public Housing.

Housing is a key stepping stone out of poverty. Nobody living on the streets is any chance of getting and keeping a job long-term. The idea that those in poverty can just get a job from nowhere is completely out of touch with reality.
There's other measures like increasing the dole, NDIS, etc that are important too. However if the basics are there for people to actually pull themselves out of poverty then the need for the dole is significantly lowered.

In the book Battlelines, Abbott says that "I'm a liberal because I believe government's role is to give people a hand up not a hand out". Health, education and housing are the best hand ups that can possibly be given to the poverty stricken. Unfortunately Abbott's policies suggest he doesn't much care for "a hand up" at all and is much more geared towards a "hand out" for the middle and upper classes.

Agree with all above with the following colour:
1) education is very important but the best way to keep people off the dole is creating jobs. This is not a direct role of government but barriers to hiring people needs to be reconsidered or removed. This is never popular but the time for gutless politics is over.
2) government's role in public housing needs to increase (state issue). This doesn't need to get overly complex and may simply work with industry but a simple idea would be:
- in perth railway stations are deserted places, 200m from anywhere and perfect for the occasional rape and the very common assault. They are pretty good for anything other than catching a train.
- why not build 6, 15 story towers of good quality apartments over a commercial platform over the train station and track?
- after all many people in need may not have cars and thus being on a train station and commercial district would remove the transport issue.
- the stations will be busy, vibrant and safe
- the stations effectively become underground and thus out of sight, silent and safe.
- the land is "free" as it is already government owned

Oh and most of this is a state issue but could be funded with commonwealth assistance

wtf.. and here you are going on about bludging!

Those are the worst ones, pretentious shielded snobs with absolutely no comprehension of true insecurity or hardship, pampered plumped up useless brats. You can't say the same for someone struggling with autism or schizophrenia who get's a measly 20k a year that can't even afford Q10 co-enzymes let alone immunotherapy sessions and other s**t required while they're making an effort to improve and rebuild their health.

Science points to these boomers creating these illnesses with their industrial revolution so they should have no problem paying as they're directly liable for them. An example would be in Gippsland particularly around the Morwell area where the cancer rate is triple of that in Melbourne as a result of the coal plant that operates in the area. Now these people are probably terminal on the pension, and the degenerative boomers like Gina want to kick them off when their Hazelwood power station is directly accountable! Gina needs to get a ******* wake up call and start curing the cancer she's caused before trying to attack these people she's way of the mark! A more rational approach would be doing their dishes, wiping their ass, working for them for $0 a day etc.
So you took 3 paragraphs to say it is alright to steal from others!

Social welfare is fantastic and the measure of our success post ww2.

We have moved in line with our global competitors in a controlled trading environment.

Wouldn't it be good to have 100% employment, a great affordable health system for all, great education systems and a hand up like the dole in tough times!

We will never achieve utopia but we can try. In this case it requires a step back to move forward. Anyone who can't see that is refusing to open their eyes to globalisation.

Globalisation is the reality. For good & Bad. People aren't silly. They can see whats happening with international capital. For all the benefits of our recent mining boom, a lot of people, especially the young, haven't got a job. The current intent to get people off welfare & into some kind of work is a laudable intent.

How to do all this is the question. The first thing Tone did was to vilify the poorest section of society. Why did he do that? Why not make a positive statement about it? Something like helping people to engage in the benefits of work & community involvement. No we got lifters & leaners, Learn or earn, all with negative divisive policies that attack, but dont help or give hope. All this with the undertones of blame the poor for being poor.

Globalisation will affect the lower socioeconomic groups & the youngest in society, the most. So what positive steps to help the transitions in society have we seen from Tone? SFA is the obvious answer.

In short, Tone is a nasty, conniving prick. A Religious bigot. Holier than though. I really hate people like that. Pray to God on sunday & pray on their neighbours every other day of the week. I hope he has a real nice Xmas. Very few others will be wishing him anything except a nasty downfall.

When britain developed the netional health and the safety net way back when, the common attitude was that you should be thankful you werent so unfortunate to be a taker rather than a giver

Globalisation is the reality. For good & Bad. People aren't silly. They can see whats happening with international capital. For all the benefits of our recent mining boom, a lot of people, especially the young, haven't got a job. The current intent to get people off welfare & into some kind of work is a laudable intent.

How to do all this is the question. The first thing Tone did was to vilify the poorest section of society. Why did he do that? Why not make a positive statement about it? Something like helping people to engage in the benefits of work & community involvement. No we got lifters & leaners, Learn or earn, all with negative divisive policies that attack, but dont help or give hope. All this with the undertones of blame the poor for being poor.

Globalisation will affect the lower socioeconomic groups & the youngest in society, the most. So what positive steps to help the transitions in society have we seen from Tone? SFA is the obvious answer.

In short, Tone is a nasty, conniving prick. A Religious bigot. Holier than though. I really hate people like that. Pray to God on sunday & pray on their neighbours every other day of the week. I hope he has a real nice Xmas. Very few others will be wishing him anything except a nasty downfall.

This where I think you have it wrong.

Protectionism hurts the young and the poor the most. We have seen this with the Adelaide, unions, religion and the GFC stimulus.

I agree re the positive vs negative sales pitch. It is a shame we can't sell a policy on its merits.

This where I think you have it wrong.

Protectionism hurts the young and the poor the most. We have seen this with the Adelaide, unions, religion and the GFC stimulus.

I agree re the positive vs negative sales pitch. It is a shame we can't sell a policy on its merits.

Its very hard to sell unfairness, repeated lies & divisive negativity of impending disaster.

People will support fairness & hope. Even if they will find it harder, they will see that we are all in it together. That approach will work.

If we had seen a fair attack on middle class & corporate welfare, & proper policies & getting people back into beneficial work & some sort of jobs policy to show where the jobs will come from. Then yes, we might have had a better year of positive progress, instead of the shyte fight we have had.

But thats what comes of a bigoted, pseudo religious, holier than though, ideological nutter. He will cripple the LNP.

Its very hard to sell unfairness, repeated lies & divisive negativity of impending disaster.

People will support fairness & hope. Even if they will find it harder, they will see that we are all in it together. That approach will work.

If we had seen a fair attack on middle class & corporate welfare, & proper policies & getting people back into beneficial work & some sort of jobs policy to show where the jobs will come from. Then yes, we might have had a better year of positive progress, instead of the shyte fight we have had.

But thats what comes of a bigoted, pseudo religious, holier than though, ideological nutter. He will cripple the LNP.

Unions and the church have achieved it for decades and centuries respectively.

I wonder if we need to stop as people and work out why we follow the negative rather than the positive.

Last edited:
I wonder which most people would choose?

Hey guys, I have some free s**t vs the government would like to modernise how uni fees work to have a better system. It will still be covered by HECS, you will still be given money to study and the degree may cost more but the quality of education will improve.

Are you an A or B?

Same for health.

But yes they should have parked PPL. It is a good idea but poorly thought through. Good because it would be nice to support families through the first twelve months of a child's life. Poor because the timing is wrong and better access to affordable day care is just as important.

I wonder which most people would choose?

Hey guys, I have some free s**t vs the government would like to modernise how uni fees work to have a better system. It will still be covered by HECS, you will still be given money to study and the degree may cost more but the quality of education will improve.

Are you an A or B?

Same for health.

But yes they should have parked PPL. It is a good idea but poorly thought through. Good because it would be nice to support families through the first twelve months of a child's life. Poor because the timing is wrong and better access to affordable day care is just as important.

That requires trust.

Trust went out he window when the current govt lied to get a bigger buffer in the election to ensure two terms

Because they knew they were going to try mean crap on people.

Thats ultra dishonesty to me and a faw cry from gillards so called big lie which came about from the peple electing a hung parliament where the swing away from the govt went to the greens not the coalition, or at least two votes green for every coalition vote swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back